9.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica:

Sep 182019

Pacifica

My wife was driving home and the car was shuddering and intermittently accelerating. She got back to the house and smelt a burnt rubber smell. When in my driveway the vehicle had a hard time turning over and the engine would knock and shut off while still in park. It had to be towed to the dealership for further evaluation

- Holbrook, NY, USA

Sep 092019

Pacifica

On interstate highway left lane at 65mph, check engine light comes on, red plug-in light comes on, and car slows to a stop in lane. Car does not turn back on after several attempts. After five minutes, car starts again. Check engine light remains on. Stalling recall not found for this VIN, but is in manufacture date range of recall.

- Newport Beach, CA, USA

Jul 222019

Pacifica

First day we purchased the vehicle, the engine light went on and the hybrid battery needed to be replaced. Two weeks later the vehicle kept stalling, and eventually came to a complete stop. Four weeks of purchase, our car begans stalling again and our engine light is back on. Tech says "the car fixed itself". the engine light is back on again.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 242019

Pacifica

Pacifica hybrid, two incidents: First was on freeway, fast lane, driving normally with active cruise control. The car suddenly shut down all acceleration and slowed. I was able to press the brake and stop. The front console lit up with many warnings including the frontal collision warnings. I was not close to car in front of me but a motorcycle had split lane passed me very closely and cut in. I had to power off my car and start it twice before it would go forward. I took car for service, Chrysler dealer found nothing wrong, replaced a computer module, gave it back. Less than one week later, the car again suddenly lost acceleration and braked. Same large set of warnings appeared. But this time the car didn't allow me to press the brakes. I was traveling on city streets less than 30 mph but had lost all acceleration and braking control of the vehicle and continued to roll into an intersection at about 7mph. The brake pedal literally pushed back against my foot. I gave it back to Chrysler dealership where it's been ever since. Car has 1100 miles on it purchased July 14th, registration on 7/16. Approximately 300 miles of the car was the dealership service department trying to replicate the issue. Now Chrysler corporate cares is telling me it's still under diagnosis (car hasn't even been turned on in more than 10 days) and that the only way I would get resolution is through arbitration "a free service". my vehicle is currently waiting for Chrysler star (highest level engineering) to even get to the case. I wanted to report the safety issue with the resolution steps for people to follow but unfortunately I can't. Chrysler might even try to give this vehicle back to me again (which I don't want). Note: Dealership has been very stand-up. The problem is Chrysler corporate.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jun 092019

Pacifica

I have been driving a new Pacifica for over a week now and I know the electronic start/stop system is junk overall. On a few occasions, it seems the engine re-engages with a shudder and has delayed us from getting onto a road which is a safety problem with traffic behind me or getting into traffic flow. This feature should have an ability to be permanently disabled by the owner if unwanted instead of having to press a button each time the car starts. We press the button every time, but the fact we have to press this every time we start the Pacifica is irritating. Honestly, the ess system seems to be faulty in implementation.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 022019

Pacifica 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica. While at an intersection, the vehicle stalled while the accelerator pedal was depressed. When the contact depressed the accelerator pedal again, the vehicle returned to normal. The vehicle was taken to victor Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (6560 anthony dr, victor, NY 14564, (585) 381-5337) to be diagnosed, but a failure was not located. The failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,200.. consumer stated there is a correction - when trying to accelerate into traffic the accelerator did not respond then all of sudden surged forward. This has occurred 3 times.

- Southport, NC, USA

Oct 202018

Pacifica 6-cyl

Could not start Chrysler Pacifica for one hour Friday morning. Finally starting, the engine shut down while moving at low speed approaching a light (at time thought it was the gas saving feature) and was very difficult to start. Drove it to dealer Monday, after a very difficult start for a fix yesterday. Dealer could not duplicate problem so I drove home, parked, and today it would not start. I had to have it towed back to dealer. Concerned engine could shut down at speed locking controls. As cause is unknown, I believe this is a safety issue for Chrysler and a heads-up to the NHTSA. The problem began with about 150 miles on the odometer and the van now has about 475 miles. Updated 11/30/18

- Tijeras, NM, USA