Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chrysler Sebring:

Apr 302003

Sebring

The consumer purchased a 96 Chrysler Sebring in April of this year, and was told by the private owner, from whom he purchased the vehicle, the odometer worked intermittently. But since he had the vehicle, he learned the whole dash board did not properly work. The consumer took the vehicle to the dealer and was told, in order to repair the odometer, it would cost $ $500. The consumer requested assistance.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Oct 081999

Sebring

Emission complaint related to possible O2(oxygen )sensor: Defect:my vehicle has recently been emitting a sulphur smell from the exhaust and the 'check engine light' has remained on. When I took the vehicle into the dealership(to correct recall notification 827) the service department stated I needed a new O2(oxygen) sensor to correct my problems with the exhaust. Moreover, the dealership stated the problem with the exhaust was the reason the 'check engine light' remained on. I have done research on the internet and have checked with other owners of Chrysler Sebrings and the majority of them have also had to have this O2(oxygen) sensor replaced. I believe the ntsa should investigate a possible recall related to the O2(oxygen) sensor in the 1996 Chrysler Sebring lxi.

- Normal, IL, USA

Nov 101998

Sebring

NHTSA has been kept apprised of my lack of progress thus far with the dealer and Chrysler customer service in Michigan via copies of my letters to them. Maroone had attempted to install this recall 5 times but still being unsuccessful have now just blamed the problem on me and other drivers. As far as I know, they are "through with it.". this, of course, might leave my vehicle in an unsafe condition. Copies of my letters should be in your files and I will cooperate in any way. Please contact me with questions. John watter.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA