2.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chrysler Sebring:

Aug 032015

Sebring

I took my car to get diagnostic for smog. The shop I took it to smog smart explain they have dismateled my car claiming engine, coolant, and timing belt. They have removed parts and claim they contacted Chrysler and its company states its repairs is not worth the vehicle. The engine claim, the coolant claim and timing belt they have made against the manufacture. The engine checked fine before dropping the car off. The car would stop due to heating the fuel running since the car had been a non op for 3 years andreason for smog. The car was deliberatley dismanteled can I get its information of the claim the smog mart 7070stockton sacramento ca 95820 is making so I can settle with the sheriffs in there distruction of my proeprty without invoice signature to remove any partys on my car except ordered to run diagnositcis.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 222010

Sebring

Well when I bought the car the back window was fully out, also when im driving it seems as tho im going slower than what my speedomiter says. The alarm doesnt work at all. My breaks bont fully break on time so I have to stop earlyer than usual.also one day I was in the car and I put the car in drive and the car started to roll back slowly also the stering wheel locked.also when I put gas in it, it says its half empty fast when I only drive around the corner, but when I turn it off and let it sit for a while the meeter goes up.

- Tarzana, CA, USA

Mar 172003

Sebring

Consumer will describe vehicle problems.

- Canandaigua, NY, USA

Jan 112003

Sebring 6-cyl

The trottle stuck on my 1996 Chrysler seabring. I was passing a vehicle and when II went to brake and get in front of him I couldn't stop. The engine was reving at 8000 rpms. And I was holding the brakes as hard as I could and I was going about maybe 60 mph. I did get the car to come to a stop, after having to turn 2 corners very fast and going through an intersection. I had put it back and forth form nurtal & reverse and when the car was slow enough I put it in park and turned the key off. I came close to using a wall, or a house under construction for a way to stop. I was extreamy scarred and lucky that no one was hurt and at the time, no one had been going through the intersection. Today we called Chrysler and they will fix the problem, but we need to get the car there. It is unsafe to even start the engine right now. We looked on line and found NHTSA campaign # 02V186000.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA