Dodge Recall T56: Active Headrests May Not Deploy In A Crash
2013 Dodge Avenger
If the active headrests do not deploy in certain rear-end crashes, the front seat occupants have an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
Seats — Front Assembly — Head Restraint
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2012 Jeep Liberty and 2012-2013 Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger vehicles. A component within the occupant restraint controller (ORC) may fail and prevent the active headrests from deploying in the event of a rear-end crash.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ORC as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on December 4, 2017. Owners may contact FCA customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA's number for this recall is T56.
- Documents (14)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 10/18/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T5610182017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - November 2017
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- FCA US LLC Part Information ORC Electrical Overstress Submitted on October 10, 2017
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised February 2018
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised March 2018