1.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Caliber:

Jul 312018

Caliber

My transmission is lunging forward T all rates of speed

- Prairie Du Chien, WI, USA

Jun 142018

Caliber

During an overall check up of the vehicle, the mechanic found rusting of the sub frame. He advised this was a known issue and that driving it for another 6 months may be pushing our luck.

- Westfield, IN, USA

Feb 152018

Caliber

Subframe rusted cracks very dangerous frequent noises!

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Mar 012017

Caliber

The K frame is completely rotted from rust.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Jan 042017

Caliber

I've had multiple repairs involving the throttle body, PCM and fuel peddle all with no effect on the issue of shaking, dying, periodic engine light and safety concern over the intermittent loss of power. Now I'm told it's probably the computer. The build date falls within a safety recall but I'm told it won't be honored because the VIN isn't under the recall.

- Exeter, CA, USA

May 242016

Caliber

My son was driving this car to work noticed a severe change to the steering. It cause him to veer into the other lane and luckily there was no other oncoming traffic. He was able to drive it onto work and called me to let me know of the problem. After driving just 10 feet it was obvious that it was un-drivable and unsafe. After calling the towing service they suggested that I call Dodge to see if there was a recall since they had already towed other Dodge of similar years with a rusted/ broken sub frames. Call local dealer with the VIN and ask to if there was any recalls for a broken sub frame. They stated that there was not a recall and did not offer to make a repair even at my cost. I took it to a local service center who had seen the same problem before on other Dodge and was familiar with the repair. After $600 for the part and $600 for labor the repair was made on a car with 89,000 miles. While the car was getting repaired I was able to tell a co-worker about the recall for the exact same issue on her 2007 Caliber which I discovered while researching. She was able to get hers repaired with no charge. Contacted Dodge and since there is no recall they are not willing to pay for the repair at this point. They know that there is problem so I guess that means Dodge stands for Dodge responsibility at the cost of the consumer. I not be purchasing any mopar products in the future.

- Sidney, OH, USA

Sep 022015

Caliber

After suspecting some front end suspension issues I took my 2009 Dodge Caliber to my regular mechanic. Upon inspection he reported that, along with control arms needing to be replaced, the subframe was unusually rusted and corroded to a point that was unsafe to drive. I investigated the matter and found that Chrysler issued an extension on the factory warranty to cover the same issue on the 2007 Calibers but when I contacted Chrysler customer service they informed my that there has been no recall or warranty extension for the 2009 Caliber. The car is at the garage and will be getting fixed tomorrow. I have taken pictures and will pursue the issue further.

- Fairview Park, OH, USA

Aug 202015

Caliber

Engine cradle is rusted out when the rest of the vehicle has no rust at all resulting in approx. $800 to $1000 in repairs.

- Natrona Heights, PA, USA

Aug 162015

Caliber

Rotted out.corroded in 6 years car unsafe.

- Wingdale, NY, USA

Aug 072015

Caliber

I was driving on a highway going about 60-65 mph when my car began to resist ( pull back) as I was trying to cut over a few lanes the speed dropped dramatic to 5pmh and soon as I was able to veer off the highway it completely shut off in the middle of driving. Good thing I was able to get off the road. And I had to get it towed home. Get home the car would start but there was no driving power no speed. Tried to back the car up would not push past 10rpm. I had to get it towed to a macanic said the throttle body was the issue. I read many complaints on google about Dodge Calibers having this issue as soon as it hits 80+thousand miles on it. I see that many cars have been on recall except the Calibers?

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 182009

Caliber

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Caliber. When the contact activates the air conditioning or heater, his hand will touch and activate the four way flasher. He stated that the flasher was in a bad location. The dealer stated that they received other complaints regarding the poor design of the flasher and air conditioner knobs. The failure mileage was 800. Updated 08/20/09.

- Lebanon, CT, USA