Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Challenger:

Jan 052019

Challenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger. While operating the window switch, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was unable to restart and the contact mentioned that the vehicle needed to be recharged. The failure recurred multiple times. The dealer and manufacturer were not contacted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 59,000.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Apr 242019

Challenger

Takata recall engine stalling giving code P0369 and P0365 cam shaft position sensor bank 1. very dangerous as car will stall when driving without notice and could lead to a very bad accident. Took it to shop twice same issue..

- Augusta, GA, USA

Oct 012018

Challenger

In October 2018, I went to your dealership (planet Ford) located in humble Texas. I purchase (debit card) two vehicles off of the lot. I purchased a Dodge Challenger 2019 (hemi V8 rt), and Chevrolet Tahoe 2007. I was told that the Dodge Challenger since it had less than 50,000 miles had a bumper to bumper coverage still with Dodge. I started having mechanical problems with the Dodge Challenger. I spoke with steward (who sold me the extended warranty) at planet Ford in humble, Texas and was told to take it to texan Dodge. I was told that the vehicle had multiple engine problems and it would require another engine to be put into the car. In December, I picked the car up and had to pay $160 deductible. I lost time from work, and ended up being fired. In December 2018, the vehicle suffered a throttle problem. Again, I had to pay $ $114 deductible after the vehicle was released (after a week). Now, January 2019, I have an oil leak. I went into texan Dodge and spoke to Mrs. Sheffie (after calling her multiple times), and she told me that I might have to pay another deductible and that the car had prior issues when I bought the vehicle. I told her that the vehicle had a new engine that texan Dodge (their dealership) put in and also worked on the faulty throttle in 2018. She told me that she want sure if planet Ford (with the extended warranty) would cover the oil leak. I also found out that a prior claim was put on the vehicle before I purchased the vehicle in October 2018. Not only am I getting the run around, but I know that according to the prior insurance claim that was put on the vehicle that planet Ford was aware of the damages to the vehicle. I also paid 2 times for deductibles and now the vehicle still has an oil leak. Thank you.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 062018

Challenger

I recently purchased my 2013 Dodge Challenger less than 2 years ago and now the car has been misfiring giving me various error codes while I am driving on the freeway and on the roads. The dealership that I purchased the vehicle from, Acura of fremont, has not returned my calls. The vehicle has given me the P0132 and recently P0300 error code. I took it to my local Chrysler and Dodge dealership in san leandro, ca and they said they can't find an issue wrong with the vehicle even though they saw the P0300 error code and the car shaking immensely. I told the representative that I do not feel safe in the vehicle after I felt the strong shaking and the engine light blinking making dinging sounds and ticking sounds. They kept the vehicle overnight to try again in the morning and they said they found no issue on the vehicle. The next day, the car starts jerking on the freeway slipping in power causing the car to shake. After researching, there is a problem in this specific year and model that I have, a cylinder head misfire that they are not addressing.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Oct 302018

Challenger

Oct. 30,2018 wile making a 15 mph. Left turn on to las vegas blvd.in my 2013dodge Challenger SXT. I experienced the car shutting off and loss of all power I decided to let the car cost to a stop however instead of the car stopping it julted forward and turned back on. Went 300 ft. And made another left turn again the car shut off.this time it did not turn on. No warring light ever appeared.now 2 hours latter the car cranks but will not turn over. System says "ok". absolutly no warring lights are on.

- Pahrump, NV, USA

Dec 032017

Challenger

Smart glass draining battery, takata inflator recall, timing chain recall and alternator recall in Dec 2017 my Dodge Challenger 13ż ran out of battery & was towed to a repair shop. There were 2 recalls, one being an alternator, causing the battery to drain and not able to be jumped. After 1.5 months of talking to Chrysler fca recalls about how to get the recall work complete, my car arrived at covert Dodge in austin in Jan 2018 (I paid for tow out of pocket). From Dec to Mar 20th, I was without a car and covert /fca would not put me in a rental while waiting on back ordered parts. On Mar 20th, they put me in a rental vehicle. Apr 20th fca called to tell me: 1) all 3 recalls have been addressed 2) the smart glass window module, which is actually what is causing the battery to drain, is still on backorder (eta May 29, but not a firm eta and this part has been on backorder since Jan) but the car can be driven without operable windows, 3) I need to return the rental in 2 days and pick up my car. I stated that it is unsafe to drive a car with inoperable windows (getting pulled over and having to open my door to talk to the police, extremely hot weather in Texas and not being able to open the windows, little kids and car sickness, unable to use drive-through anything, etc). The service manager stated that he canżT comment on safety, but the car is drivable. The case manager at fca said that she can only address safety concerns in bulletins from fca. The smart glass window module has been on back order for me since Jan 2018 and no confirmed eta. This part has been recalled on 2012 and 2011 Challenger and multiple other mopar part cars. There is a long list of people waiting for this part (probably 1000S), many due to a recall. In the meantime, IżM expected to use my car without working windows - meaning windows have to be closed and can not open.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 072018

Challenger

The vehicle was in motion on the highway. The vehicle unexceptdly stopped accelerating on the highway causing me to put my hazard lights on as cars were in iin motion at a 70mph speed limit. I was able to pull over on the side of the road. I turned the car off in an attempt to turn the car back on. The car wouldnżT turn back on and the car became disabled. I had to have my car towed.

- Lithia Springs, GA, USA

Mar 042017

Challenger

As I was driving on the free way, I noticed my check engine light came on. At first I thought it may have been a minute issue. However, my car started jerking, declining speed, and became hesitate to continue motion as if the power of my car was about to stop. After ten minutes the engine light went off as I continued to drive the car at a reducing speed. However, the light came back on and the symptoms continued again. At this time I'm very concerned that my car needs to be on the recall as this is a serious issue. My light is still on as of 3/6/2017.

- Lithia Springs, GA, USA

Dec 242016

Challenger

Car caught on fire as I was driving it this was 4 hours after I picked it up from the dealership for getting the tourque converter fixed. I think this is an electrical problem that caused it. I was driving in a parking lot only going 7-10 mph. Dallas pd doesn't come out if it's on private property I am still waiting my fire report in the mail. I have unsure claim numbers from 3 different people. (chrystler. National general insurance. Harco national insurance.)

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 132016

Challenger

This car has been a complete nightmare, and the worst car I have ever owned. When I first bought it was taken to the shop within the first month and they replaced the oil sending unit, then this year when driving at highway speed and when accelerating with the RPM going above 3 the car would loose power. I took it to the shop again and they didn't fix it but updated the transmission which resolved the problem for a little while. Well today the transmission started again doing the same thing. I will have to take this car back into the shop. I've owned this car since it was new and it currently has 60,250 miles. I was always a Dodge fan but I think this car has changed me to a different brand.

- Harrogate, TN, USA

Dec 132015

Challenger

Driving on the highway at about 70 mile the car power went out on ABS and then all gages showed zero, steering went out and car shut of completely going at 60 then. No brakes no steering engine shuts off was so scared.... car had to come to a stop on it own had stopped on the highway

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 012015

Challenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that the vehicle began to smoke and the vehicle would not accelerate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the heater pump had a hole. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Johnston, RI, USA

Sep 062015

Challenger

I was driving normal speed at 60 when I proceeded to get over I push the gas a little bit the car RPM when high but the car did not speed up I looked at the dash the check engine light came on I took it to have it scanned at advance auto and auto zone they both gave me the same code of P0741 that is a transmission code I drive my car daily to work and home the check engine light stays on 2 days then go off for one day then back on if U accelerate then release the pedal it make a hard jerk from the rear end this is not the first problem I had I bought the car brand new in March 2013 and the window switch went out and 2 months ago the ac control went out and now this transmission problem not only that my fiance Jeep is 2014 with 29000 miles on it and the heated seats not working or the heat and don jackson in union city ga has horrible customer service that been trying to get parts for 2 months for the Jeep to someone that is paying 1100 a month in car payments from Dodge I should be treated respectfully

- Hampton, GA, USA

Jan 262015

Challenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled upon starting. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the battery failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Macall, MS, USA

Mar 042015

Challenger 8-cyl

Car stalled on highway without warning, not even a check engine light. Car would not restart. Car was fixed by Dodge do to a faulty tip computer. Car again stalled after repair on 03/22/2015.

- Rockaway Park, NY, USA

Oct 012014

Challenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle by shifting into park and pushing the start button. In addition, the contact stated that two months later, there was an intermittent clicking noise emitting from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 13,000.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Dec 082014

Challenger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the instrument panel lights became dim. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to power off at times. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number: 14V634000. The failure mileage was approximate 35,000.

- Apache Junction , AZ, USA

Dec 022014

Challenger 6-cyl

Vehicle warning lights started coming on... ESC, ABS, brakes, dashboard went dark no radio or nav. Power steering failed. Was able to bring vehicle to a safe stop... vehjicle was completely dead.. will not start again...

- Oceanside, NY, USA

Jun 062013

Challenger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 13,000.

- Little Rock, AR, USA