Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Charger:

Jun 242013

Charger

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the vehicle stalled as the electronic throttle control light illuminated. The vehicle stalled however, the contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the spark plugs would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure later recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 82,000.

- Lawton, OK, USA

Apr 012013

Charger

My electronic control throttle light continues to come on. I have read forums of this being an issue in Dodge and Chrysler cars from 2000 to 2011 models. I think at this point there needs to be a recall on the defect on all these cars. I am sick to my stomach on the costs to fix this issue.

- West Valley City, UT, USA

Feb 072012

Charger 6-cyl

The dealer refuses to honor the recalls on the engine light and tire light on, and is claiming that it does not affect my vehicle. I just brought this car from them and now I getting no where with this people. I paid $95 dollars for nothing and the lights still on and they told me that the reason they wont refund my money back is because they have to paid the mechanic, I believe that sold me a lemon. My resolution is to fix this car and refund my money. Thanks.

- Schertz, TX, USA

Jan 022013

Charger

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, abnormal popping noises could be heard and acceleration power decreased. The vehicle was moved to the shoulder. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was found that the PCV valve needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified and a complaint was filed. The failure mileage was 23,000.

- South Milwakee, WI, USA