Dodge Recall R35: Inadvertent Side Air Bag Deployment
2012 Dodge Charger
Air bags that unexpectedly deploy increase the risk of a crash or injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Dodge Charger vehicles manufactured May 6, 2010, to June 5, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the side impact sensor calibrations may be overly sensitive, and as a result, the side air bag inflatable curtains and seat air bags may unexpectedly deploy and the seat belt pre-tensioners may activate.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the Occupant Restraint Control module calibration, free of charge. The recall began on August 25, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R35.
- Documents (17)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Communications Cover Letter
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - August, 2015
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – R35072115
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4