2.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

Feb 082019

Dart

The ribbon cable that controls the windshield wipers has been severed, due to repeated use of the blinkers on the same control. The windshield wipers always run now, at a low speed. They can not be stopped, sped up, and can no longer use the wiper fluid dispenser.

- Wharton, TX, USA

Apr 162018

Dart

Driving approximately 25mph when the wipers turned on without me turning them on, full speed, and refused to turn off. Took it to the dealer where they told me it was the control switch which can only be purchased at a dealer, very expensive part.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Feb 062019

Dart

Takata recall transmission issues and blind spot detector issues while in motion my right blind spot detector will turn even if nobody is in the proper parameters of the vehicle

- Concord, CA, USA

Dec 312018

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving unknown speeds, the windshield wipers failed to shut off. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to hoover Dodge (195 marymeade dr, summerville, SC 29483, (843) 873-1114) where it was diagnosed that the wiper mechanism needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- Eutawville, SC, USA

Jan 102018

Dart

Vehicle needs to be approved for recall concerning (multifunction switch) which is the windshield wiper controller as its communicating cables are too fragile to work under regular turning signal usage as cable within component gets pulled by it's own regular motion at usage. This causes the cables within the switch to get cut and broken making it to break completely. Because the part is not being produced by mopar the part is not found as Dodge dealers make you wait in line next to 400 other Dodge driver owners in order to get the part (when they start producing the part) which there has been no confirmation of being produced by mopar.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Dec 132018

Dart

My 2013 Dodge Dart SXT windshield wipers will not turn off! this is because of the switch not working or it's an electrical issue. Turn signals still work but this is a hazard that can get driver hurt. It adds an distraction.

- Independence, MO, USA

Oct 282018

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. When the contact started the vehicle, the wiper blades activated and would not shut off. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who determined that the windshield wiper switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Nov 242018

Dart

I was driving and had my wipers on of course because it was raining and it stopped raining so I went to turn them off but it never turned off. So I took it to the dealer and was told the ribbon inside was broken and that it was going to be over 500$ to fix it. So I looked up the fuse to take it out so it would turn off but turns out there isnżT any fuse for it. IżM looking through the internet to see if anyone else had this problem and there are actually a lot of people this has happened to. I believe Dodge should fix this at no cost. It's happening to a good chunk of people

- La Grange, CA, USA

Jan 182017

Dart

It was rain and turned the windshield wipers on. When I got home I went to turn the wipers off they would not stop I took to the dealership and the want $800 to replace the part can be found online for way cheaper. This is an insane cost for a car with multiple issues. There should be a recall done on this problem. Dodge had made a lemon of car. This is not the only problem I have with it.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Apr 202018

Dart

As soon as you put the key in and turn the vehicle on to acc the windshield wipers are always on. Sitting still or moving.

- Etters, PA, USA

Apr 262018

Dart

I am told that the wiper switch is bad and it costs $852 to replace if you can find one and then Dodge wants $400 labor to install this part

- Etters, PA, USA

Apr 142018

Dart

My car is currently drivable however I recently found out that I need the oil pressure monitor replaced along with the wiring in the steering system due to oil damage from the oil pressure monitor being broken. The radio and rear view camera also need to be replaced. These are too many issues for a fairly new vehicle. Apparently there have been numerous changes complaints about this vehicle but IżM continuously being told that there are no recalls despite ongoing issues with the vehicle that have to deal with manufacturing issues. The radio started malfunctioning over a year ago. The windshield wipers/oil pressure switch issues have only been happening approximately 2 months. The rear view mirror stopped working today. The car has also has issues stall no, not starting, and cutting off while the car is stopped for about a year now.

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 122018

Dart

As I was driving down the highway the windshield wipers suddenly came on and now will not shut off, change speed, or release wiper fluid. Any time the key is on, the wipers are running. The wipers are now a distraction, as they are constantly in motion. I can also not turn them on a higher setting when it is raining heavily.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Feb 012017

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the wipers failed to turn off, and the automatic start function failed to work because the turn signals and horn activated when attempting to use the fob. The dealer (eastgate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, 500 shadeland ave, indianapolis, in 46219, (317) 352-9361) stated that further diagnostic testing was required. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 232018

Dart

Windshield wipers will not turn off. I started my car. I turned on the blinker to turn left and the wipers came on. The wipers on low. I stopped my car and attempted to turn the wipers off, but they would not shut off. The sprayer would not work also. Took the car to the dealership the BCM and module needs to be replaced. $1000 charge.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jan 032018

Dart

Windshield wipers will not turn off. It was raining the morning, I started my car. I turned on the lights and the wipers. The ran slowed so I turn my wipers on low. I stopped my car and attempted to turn the wipers off, but they would not shut off. The sprayer was would not work also. Took the car to the dealership the BCM and turning signal module needs to be replaced. $1400 charge. I have only had this car for approximately 2 1/2 to 3 years. It was considered brand new when I bought it with only 3,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 142017

Dart

My windshield wipers run constantly when the vehicle is on. The wipers do not engage while on remote start. I went into the unconnected and turned off rain sensing module. The wipers continued to run at a slow speed. I used the windshield wiper lever to turn off the wipers. However, my wipers continued to run no matter what interval I used. My car will not dispense washer fluid with the use of the lever. I did check to ensure washer fluid tank is filled with washer fluid recommended for my vehicle.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Nov 172017

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving approximately 70 mph, another vehicle splashed water onto the contact's windshield, causing visibility issues for the contact. The contact sprayed some windshield washer fluid, but the wipers did not work. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was pulled to the side of the road and turned off. The vehicle was restarted after a couple of minutes, but the wipers did not work. The contact struggled to drive home without the wipers. The contact stated that the wipers worked two days later when they were set on "super high". the dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and referred the contact to NHTSA. The failure was not diagnosed. The failure mileage was approximately 44,500.

- Clackamas, OR, USA

Oct 122017

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving various speeds or while the vehicle was idling, the windshield wipers turned on and off intermittently without warning. The local dealer (hunter Dodge Jeep Chrysler Jeep Ram, 1130 auto mall dr, lancaster, ca, 93534, 661-948-8411) was contacted. The dealer scheduled an appointment for the vehicle to be diagnosed; however, the appointment was a month away. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and recommended scheduling an appointment with the dealer. The failure mileage was approximately 89,000.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Aug 292017

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the windshield wipers failed to activate. The contact had to remove the windshield wiper blades to disengage the system. The vehicle was taken to an unknown dealer for diagnostic testing where it was diagnosed that the windshield wiper switch failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 66,000.

- Riversdie, RI, USA