Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

May 292019

Dart

Since March 2019 check engine light has come one 3 times. My car has either stalled in middle of intersection and/or has a bucking sensation and then check engine turns on. This is unacceptable that it keeps occurring. One time they replaced battery, next time recall V34 and again today. There has to be something going on with this model. I do not feel safe.this happens while I am driving.

- Randolph, MA, USA

Apr 112019

Dart

Recall that hasn't been fixed, almost 2 months now. My car isn't safe to drive. Apr 11,2019 manufacturer recall numberv34 NHTSA recall number19V-293 recall statusrecall incomplete, remedy not yet available summary

- Palo Alto, CA, USA

Jan 022019

Dart

There is heat that consistently emanates into the car from the area where the wiring harness or fuse box would be. I've had it looked at and mechanics continue to say that the fuse box is fine but there seems to be an issue with the harness. The problems is so bad that the heat over time has led to bad paint damage to the left side of the car. The paint is completely dull. The discoloration is beyond obvious and noticeable. The heat begins to be a problem almost immediately after turning it on.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Apr 112019

Dart

Recall on a transmission related safety issue, this a a bad problem but still Dodge don;T have the parts to fix this problem, how could that be ?? I am still waiting to have my vehicle repaired but in the meantime I am still driving an unsafe vehicle.

- West Haven, CT, USA

Apr 092019

Dart

The parking brake has failed on two occasions, once while stationary when it was at the dealership. It crashed into a car in their parking lot in 2016. The vehicle has been in and out of the dealership over the last four years. It was in the dealership in 2015-2016 thirteen times for oil leaks and the engine either dying or almost seizing while in motion. This resulted in my vehicle starting on fire in late 2016 early 2017. The repair for the fire damage was covered by my insurance company and it was subsequently fixed by a different dealership after that. More recently, it was in my driveway and rolled into my truck and damaged the front of the vehicle's bumper while stationary with the parking brake was engaged. The symptoms with the engine have also started to reappear while in motion in 3rd or 4th gear... it starts to act like it's going to completely die. Needless to say, I have it back in the dealership for diagnostics. Some of the recalls listed on this website sound like things I have experienced, please let me know if there is anything I can do. My time is the main thing I care about at this point and don't want to spend another 2 years endlessly in and out of the dealership. I just want a car that operates normally.

- Yorkville, IL, USA

Mar 012019

Dart

Our vehicle keeps shutting off on highways, roads, etc. We always have children in the car. When we can finally start it again the whole electrical system then wants to shut down and the screen stays black for a long time.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 272019

Dart

The clutch gets stuck on the floor and IżM unable to shift gears. This happens on a daily basis. Iżve been stuck in my drive way because I canżT get the gear into the reverse position. Same this has happened in traffic where IżM stuck because I can get the gear into first to move the car forward. Once I do get the gear to go the car shoots forward dangerously. There is also a significant loss of power. When trying to drive up a hill the car can barely move and the rpms go higher yet there's no power.

- Provo, UT, USA

Mar 242019

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While making a turn at an unknown speed, the vehicle stalled and crashed into a tree. The air bags did not deploy. The contact suffered injuries and was hospitalized. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was invalid.

- Marion, AL, USA

Feb 092019

Dart

After fueling the car up, driving down the road, the engine completely shut down. This wasn't the 1st time.

- East Tawas, MI, USA

Feb 062019

Dart

Takata recall transmission issues and blind spot detector issues while in motion my right blind spot detector will turn even if nobody is in the proper parameters of the vehicle

- Concord, CA, USA

Jan 012019

Dart

It appears there is an alarming noise coming from the engine when I start the car at degrees lower than 40. This is an intermittent issue but when it occurs I loose power while driving down the road resulting in my RPM's to jump higher than normal accompanied by vibration and rataling coming from under the hood or tire (its hard to tell). From my research, the cold start issue was a recall for 2013 Dodge Dart but it is not showing for my VIN. Could someone please reach out to me reguarding this complaint??

- Augusta, GA, USA

Nov 062018

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that there had been multiple failures pertaining to the emergency brake and turbos. Also, the vehicle misfired and failed to start several times. While on an incline, the vehicle reversed when the emergency brake was applied. The dealer (baxter Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram omaha (17950 burt St, omaha, ne 68118, (402) 800-1230) was notified of the failures and diagnosed that the emergency brake needed to be replaced a third time because a porcelain piece surrounding the center electrode fractured and a plug came out of a piston top associated with the cylinder walls, which damaged the catalytic converter, the turbo, and the long block. The dealer replaced the parts. The contact was uncertain if the oem parts that were replaced caused the failures because, after the repairs, the failures continued. The manufacturer was notified of the failures and did not assist. The manufacturer recommended that the vehicle be taken to the dealer. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Dec 302018

Dart

I have had 5 different places change my oil and at every one the filter has either come off in my hand or create a gap in the filter seal which is caused oil to start spraying all over the car and leaking all over the ground. All five times this is happened the filter is either going off in my hand or had the seal of the filter start leaking oil. Spraying oil all over in the engine compartment and causing me to lose all of my oil on the ground and all over the engine unknown if this is caused any other problems inside the engine yet every time this is happened I was just about to get on the freeway I was able to go somewhere else and have it taken care of with minimal driving without oil. This is has happened five times now at different locations changing the oil every time it's happened when you just change the oil and also when it's almost time to change oil again or anytime in between that. If I had made it on the freeway with any of these times that this is happened it could have been catastrophic to my engine and cause me to crash

- Cedar City, UT, USA

Nov 272018

Dart

The car keeps cutting off. I crank it back up and it runs for a little bit and cuts right back off. I have had the battery and alternator check and that's not the issue.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Oct 092018

Dart

Car's engine compartment burst into flames during commute to work 0700 in the morning 10/09/2018, 65 degree day in 35 mph zone. 54,000 miles on car. Car was moving at 30mph when engine died and car started to smoke from under hood, within 60 seconds flames appeared from hood, my daughter driving the car got out just in time she was the only passenger. Lost all belongings in car.

- Wantagh, NY, USA

Oct 102018

Dart

Car accelerates to 7000 rpms while attempting to pull out of a stop car doesn't move. It has happened 4 times at different intersections almost got hit from behind. Dealer cant duplicate error my fear is an accident.

- Pennsville, NJ, USA

Oct 032017

Dart

While driving on the mountain roads to driving on the freeway to driving any where my turbo cuts off and I lose almost all power causing me to loose power going up a steep hill and almost get rear ended at least 3 times. Further more when IżM getting ready to merge onto the freeway and it cuts out causing me to almost be hit by truckers. I get a burning smell coming from the engine bay smells almost like oil or wire smell. My speed control is non functioning and my ebrake is also damn near inoperable. I want to know why there hasnżT been a total lemon law for 2013 Dodge Darts they are not safe to drive for the owner and anyone else on the road. So if this is a national highway transportation safety administration why is it not recalled!!!!!

- Tehachapi, CA, USA

Aug 172018

Dart

I have had to take the car in every 2,000 miles or so to have it recalibrated(engine light on), the drivers headlight went out, shop where I bought it said it's the headlight assembly, bought one and had regular mechanic put in, did not work. My regular mechanic said it is probably the headlight control module, and since I need to take it in again for recalibration I am trying to find out if the module was checked and have it replaced. Sorry I bought this car, it's in the shop every 3-4 months!!!

- Bloomington, MN, USA

Aug 072018

Dart

When you put on reverse gear the gear gives jerk and will not hold, ,,car has to be restarted and put in reverse gear again...all the lights indication on gear turns red...Dodge don't resolve this issue...they just say it is sensor...but it is transmission issue...

- Pickens, SC, USA

Dec 052017

Dart

Burned oil and need to put oil in after 750 miles. New engine was put in, but it still have problems. The problem first started 12/4/17. I was driving my car and it completely stop without warning. I took it to the dealer and it was determined that it was an engine issue. After 6 months, the engine was replaced. It was burning oil

- Saint Louis, MO, USA