Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

Apr 052019

Journey

Takata recall there's a recall on Dodge Journeys 2009 and the SXT is having the same exact problem. The PCM is draining batteries and causing my truck to shift hard or shifts to the second gear and won┐T power past that. Very concerned because my wife is pregnant and she often has to press on the control board from work to get the truck crunk. Once a week she gets a jump off because the module drains her battery. Because our VIN doesn┐T fit the recall numbers it won┐T get fixed but it's the same problems as the recall.

- Lagrange, GA, USA

Oct 012018

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. While driving 70 mph, the gear shifter was inadvertently hit and switched into neutral. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred multiple times. The contact mentioned that the gear shifter was loose. The vehicle was taken to dick scott Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (684 ann arbor rd w, Plymouth, mi 48170, (734) 451-2110) where the contact was informed that there was no failure and was how the vehicle was designed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Romulus, MI, USA

Dec 102018

Journey

┐┐tamara recall ┐┐the PCM it's been getting very hot and messing up my computer system. I┐ve bought 3 times and keeps on messing up my computer systems and cannot even transfer power to the alternator. This therefore make the car battery die on me when the car is in motion. It happened 3 times and one was in he middle of no where.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Oct 212018

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. While the vehicle was stopped at a stop sign, the driveshaft made an abnormal noise. The vehicle was taken to a local repair shop where the contact was informed that the transfer case needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 203,000.

- Waterville, MN, USA

Oct 132018

Journey

Bought a used 2009 Dodge Journey in February, have replaced the battery and starter in the last few months. Sometimes we can start the car normally, sometimes you have to jump the car off. Yesterday, the car would not shift or start, tried the neutral safety switch which enabled me to push the Journey but still would not crank. Research online shows that many other consumers have or are experiencing the same problem. I feel Dodge needs to take responsibility and figure out why these vehicles are malfunctioning. It's costing us money and time we do not have trying to chase down an electrical issue. I even had the PCM checked out and it too was in a good bill of health

- Tomball, TX, USA

Sep 242018

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start after several attempts. The failure occurred multiple times. The contact had to place the vehicle in neutral in order for it to start. The vehicle was taken to bud's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (945 S main St, celina, oh 45822, (419) 586-7000), but the cause of the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Selina, OH, USA

Jun 102018

Journey

I┐ve had nothing but problems with my Dodge Journey my RPM ramp up to 4-5 whenever I attempt to go 40-45mph the check engine light is on. I took it to button Dodge and they fixed something that has to do with my transmission. Less then a month later it starts doing it again. So can you give me some advice on why. Also my locks and windows and turn signal don┐T work right.

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Nov 162017

Journey

Oct 2017 I was driving and all of a sudden the car made a grinding sound that didn't stop we took it to the dealership where we purchased it used. They charged us for parts $2000 and fix it. About 4 weeks later the same thing happened I was able to drive it to the dealership again but this time they said the part wasn't available. Its now March of 2018 and the part still isnt available and I am paying on a car I don't have. Why is this not being recalled ?? I see I am not the only one in this position. I was on a public hwy.....took it to dealership via local street....I was a nervous wreck the oil type substance was pouring out...the dealership told me it is the same part they fixed, the ptu.

- Mosheim, TN, USA

Feb 272018

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. When starting the vehicle, the contact noticed that the check engine indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to greenbrier Dodge of chesapeake (1717 S military hwy, chesapeake, va 23320) where it was diagnosed that the transmission failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 39,000. The VIN was not available.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Dec 042017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. While driving various speeds, the vehicle began to shake and there were squealing noises and a vibration from the floorboard. The vehicle was towed to champion Chrysler Jeep Dodge in indianapolis, Indiana where it was determined that the power train unit needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. In addition, the contact stated that the brakes and electrical system malfunctioned. The vehicle was repaired at least thirty times by various dealers since 2013. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was approximately 60,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Aug 122017

Journey

It stalls while in gear and moving automatic transmission. Worse when temps are colder outside. Currently 99000 miles.

- Steep Falls Me, ME, USA

Jan 162018

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced lack of acceleration and moderate vibration while being operated at 60 mph. Also, the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to dick poe Chrysler Jeep (6501 Montana ave, el paso, tx) where it was diagnosed that the PCM was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that there were no recalls. The failure mileage was approximately 149,000.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Journey

Problem with stearing system as campain fca S08 also on this model 2.0 td dpf also huge problem on automatic transmition getrag

- Roma, TX, USA

Dec 142017

Journey

The PCM needs to be replaced. I don┐T know much about cars so I don┐T know what this means. The dealership did a diagnostic test and I was told I needed to replace the PCM.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 042017

Journey

Writing in regards to a recall issued for 2009 Dodge Journeys on date 10/9/2008. The recall is Chrysler recall H33 that began on 11/10/2008. This recall addresses the powertrain control model/fuel pump relay. My vehicle is stated to have not qualified for this recall but is currently having the same dysfunction listed in the recall and is not operable. My vehicle has been diagnosed and needs a powertrain control module replacement due to malfunction. The malfunction occurs when the vehicle is powered on, when in motion, and when trying to drive. I spoke with debbie at Chrysler today and she informed me that my vehicle did not qualify for the recall H33 replacement of this part as identified by VIN, although my vehicle was manufactured within the same dates, make, model and year.

- Alvin, IL, USA

Aug 252017

Journey

The car power will fluctuate with the RPM going up and down when trying to accelerate. New trhottle body with tps sensor, intake air sensor and gas pedal sensors were replaced and still having the same issue. The engine problem light is on also the electric throttle control system light is on. The vehicle has only 83000 miles. Active codes are P0642, P2138, P0335 & P0113. The car is dangerous to drive due to speed fluctuation.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Aug 032017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle had several defects and failed to start on several occasions. As a result, the contact had to leave the vehicle unattended for a day and then go back and restart the vehicle. While the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle failed to accelerate over 35 mph. On several occasions, the air bag, check engine, traction control, esp, and security indicators illuminated off and on. Also, on several occasions, the gear shifter failed to shift into neutral. The vehicle was taken to monken Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Nissan (located at 1739 w mccord St, centrailia, il 62801 (618) 545-5100) where it was diagnosed that the failure could not be replicated. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to king city Chrysler center (located at broadway St, mt vernon, il 62864 (618) 242-6600) where it was diagnosed that the PCM needed to be replaced. The contact stated that another mechanic suggested to have the PCM rebuilt to save money. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 158,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Mt Vernon, IL, USA

Jun 232017

Journey

My 2009 Dodge Journey will not shut off when you take the key out. The windows will not go up and down. I brought into a Dodge dealership and had the recall on the ignition switch and the wiring harness in the driver door replaced. My car still will not shut off and windows still don't work but now won't go into gear after dealer repaired. I took it to a second dealer and now after 3 week they are saying I need a tipm for $1700. But they don't know if that will fix the problem" plus now the car will not start. My car is in worse shape then when I brought it into the dealership to repair" I called the corporate office and they are not willing to do anything.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

May 162017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. When the key was inserted in the ignition switch, the parked vehicle did not start. The vehicle made a clicking sound. The contact had to shift into neutral in order for the vehicle to start. The contact also stated that the failure occurred approximately ten times in the past. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed it as a neutral safety switch failure that needed replacement. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 134,000.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Apr 132017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle independently shifted into reverse. The failure occurred without warning. After applying the emergency brake, the vehicle was able to be stopped. The contact stated that the failure recurred while driving 20 mph. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission had an internal failure and would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 112,000.

- Baltimore, MD, USA