Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Journey:

Jun 042017

Journey

Complaints involving idler pulley and brake system. On June 4, 2017, while driving on the interstate, my steering wheel locked up. I was able to pull to the side of the road and then the car started malfunctioning. It completely died and would not start. I found out from the dealership on June 5, 2017 that the issue was related to the idler pulley crumbling which in-turn caused the serpentine belt to break. On July 9, 2017, I was at a stop light on the I-10 frontage road. When the light turned green, I could not go because the brakes locked up. I had to put the car in park, turn it off and then turn it back on in order for the brakes to loosen up. To say I'm frustrated with Dodge is an understatement. During both instances, my 8-yr old daughter was in the car with me. I've only had this car for three years, it isn't paid off and I'm having these problems that could potentially be life threatening. A recall needs to happen with this vehicle!!!

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 102017

Journey

Kept losing air pressure in the front driver side tire. Wheel sensor defective. A/C kept coming on by itself and the front bumper paint peeling off.

- Lauderhill, FL, USA

Sep 062016

Journey 4-cyl

My airbags did not deploy in a head on collision. My vehicle was traveling at 45 with right away and his at 10. I was on straight away and he was at a stop sign turning in the direction I was coming....updated 02/22/17

- Smithfield, NC, USA

Aug 072016

Journey

My tires are leaking air and completely balled, my car has 27,000. I think since we've done all the proper maintenance they should have lasted a lot longer.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 022016

Journey

While accelerating onto freeway last night, rear tire blew out. Vehicle has oem kumho solus KH16 225/65R17 tires with just under 36K miles. The side wall shows a perfect separation (see attached image). Issue appears to be same as reason for recall of another kumho solus tire model. I have included a photo of the tire that blew out. Was able to safely pull to side of entrance ramp and replace tire with compact spare. There are an alarming amount of safety complaints on NHTSA regarding this tire...over 1/2 are for the Dodge Journey.

- Covington, WA, USA

Jan 082016

Journey

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Journey. While driving at any speed, the vehicle would shake violently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the tires needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 26,000.

- Avondale, LA, USA

Dec 212015

Journey 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Journey. While driving various speeds, the passenger side tires shook violently without warning. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 15V675000 (electronic stability control, service brakes, hydraulic), but the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 44,000. Updated 02/23/2016

- Lexington, KY, USA