4.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Ram 1500:

Mar 032008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

2000 Dodge Ram truck dashboard is cracking and falling in. Consumer states that dashboard is cracking and falling apart. Consumer is worried that the cracking could cause issues with the air bag system.

- Asheboro, NC, USA

Nov 092006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Right after purchasing my used 2000 Dodge Ram quad cab, a large crack quickly formed on the dashboard. Now only a few months after purchasing my truck the dashboard has gaping holes in it. These aren't little holes they consume most of the dash itself. As many complaints as there has been on this problem one would assume that the manufacturer would have the courage to back their products cause it is obvious to the working man that this is not an individualized problem but a serious epidemic. While the holes are not causing any problems right now except for continuing the joke war, people laughing cause we can't keep our Dodge together, but what is the chance that some of this broken material will get down and hurt other components or even the safety components. Something needs to be done about this. Chrysler needs to step up already and recall their faulty craftsmanship.

- Broken Bow, OK, USA

Jan 112008

Ram 1500

2000 Dodge Ram with a cracked dashboard. Consumer would like to know if there are any recalls out on this vehicle for the cracked dashboard.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Oct 232007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The dashboard on my 2000 Dodge truck has cracks all over it. I thought it was just mine but I found out it has happened to many Dodge trucks. I don't know if I'm writing to the right people but I feel a dashboard should last a lot longer than 7 years. Some people are saying their lights are not working now due to the big holes they now have in their dashboard.

- Thibodaux, LA, USA

Sep 112007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

On hot day, a vertical crack formed in dash during normal driving conditions. This crack is very near the passenger side airbag. At the least this could cause a rip in the airbag during deployment. At the worst this could cause the airbag to malfunction all together.

- Martinsville, IN, USA

Aug 292007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram pickup and the dash board has started to crack. The cracks go across the entire dashboard and I am afraid the passenger airbag is going to become dislodged because of the cracks. I have the airbag deactivated because of this issue. I contacted the dealer and was basically told tough luck there is no recall and it's $210 for a replacement part

- Collegeville, PA, USA

Jul 012006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that the entire dashboard is cracking. She notified the manufacturer in July of 2006 and they stated that nothing could be done. The current mileage is 67,000 and failure mileage was 57,000.

- Marianne, KY, USA

May 112007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that the vehicle's dashboard is beginning to crack. The vehicle has not been taken to the dealer. The engine size was unknown. The current and failure mileages were 70,230.

- Altamonte Springs, FL, USA

Jun 012003

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dash cracking on 2000 Dodge Ram pick up. I purchased the 2000 Dodge pick up in Nov. 1999. Around June of 2003 I started having cracks in the dash and I took it back to crystal Dodge for repair but they told me that it was no longer under warranty and it would cost approx. $1500 just for the part not including labor. So I did not get it fixed. Last week I saw a report on local new channel 6 out of orlando referencing the same issues that I have been experiencing with my dash and they recommended E-mailing this report. I hope Dodge is going to be held responsible for the repairs of this growing problem.

- Inverness, FL, USA

Oct 142006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 dashboard cracked and is collapsing exposing the wires below.

- St Cloud, FL, USA

Feb 012007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup and it developed a long crack in the dash. According to a local news station in orlando (local6) this seems to be a common problem with these years, make and model. This is developing into a safety hazard as the pieces will get loose in case of an accident but also the dash holds the passenger airbag. Other people claim electrical failures also (dash lights, brake lights and head lights) in conjunction with a caving-in dash that make me scared driving this car.

- Apopka, FL, USA

Oct 042006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2000, Dodge Ram 1500 pu. Several months ago, a crack began to appear in the dash. Yesterday" I went to reach for some mail I had placed on the dash? and the pressure of my hand caused the dash to shatter and two large holes to form. With the pieces falling down inside the dash. I have attempted to hot glue the remaining pieces, to prevent further collapse. I have subsequently talked with someone who tells me? that this is a common and known problem with Dodge Ram trucks. I'd like to know what can be done about it" and whether Chrysler has owned up to the problem and taken measures to repair the damage caused by a known defective product.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jun 302005

Ram 1500 4WD

The dash board on my 2000 Dodge pick-up is cracked, this started on the passenger side near the windshield and also near the vents about 6 months after I got it. I now have a small hole where it started on the passenger side and around a 4X5 inch crack on the drivers side that looks really bad. I'm afraid that the piece on the drivers side will soon fall in and cause problems. Thanks

- Nocona, TX, USA

Jan 012006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The dash board on my 2000 Dodge pick-up is cracked and breaking apart. I have researched this problem on-line and found that many other Dodge owners are experiencing this (especially models '97 - '01). Your site has quite a few complaints and there are other sites/forums on-line in which you can read about this same issue. It appears that the dash boards are defective. Not only is this a cosmetic issue, it also poses a safety concern in regards to the airbag (located in the dash). I have contacted daimler Chrysler regarding the issue and got no where since a "recall" has not been issued. I feel that someone needs to look into this closer and require a "recall" before someone is seriously injured! thank you for your assistance.

- Meadville, MS, USA

Jan 102002

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dash has cracked all over within a year. Recently a piece of the dash(approx. 4"X6" in size) even broke loose and fell into the air duct under the windshield.

- Pelahatchie, MS, USA

May 092006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Dash is cracked by blower duct creating possible hazard during air bag deployment.

- Miller, MO, USA

Jan 062006

Ram 1500 6-cyl

My 2000 Dodge Ram has had a cracked dashboard for some time now. It is cracked in three different places, going from the windshield to the other edge. One crack is directly above the passenger side airbag. I am afraid that the crack may cause the air bag to tear if it were ever deployed. These cracks were not caused by my own doing or due to excessive heat, it is a common problem among Dodge owners.

- Waipahu, HI, USA

Sep 152003

Ram 1500

Engine spark knock as a result of a bad plenum gasket. Dodge apparently will not fix, unless I come up with $450-$500. I bought the truck used and apparently there was a service bulletin for that particular problem, but I had no idea that it neede to be done. By the way, I bought the truck in Jan of 2003 and the bulletin was released in Feb of 2003. I would have thought that I would have received a notice in the mail, but did not and now I'm on the hook for the repair.

- Flushing, MI, USA

May 152003

Ram 1500

1.body jumps at different speeds unable to steere.2.odometer reading didn't move for approx- 1st 200 miles.3.engine knocks. 4. shifting linkage and gears grind. 5. transmission slips and front axle grinds. 6.salesman said I was approved and did qualify for any vehicle in the lot with $10,000 down.called finance company after purchase and was approved for the vehicle I originally wanted.7.brakes need to be replaced all the way around. Thank you, tom & deb aleto

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Mar 312003

Ram 1500

The vehicle experienced a problem with the vehicle. (no other info was given).

- Miami, FL, USA