Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Ram 1500:

May 312018

Ram 1500

While I was driving on a city road, the vehicle just shut off. Almost like I turned the ignition off. All gauges worked as normal, stereo, A/C, etc(aux power components). No check engine light came on or anything. Pulled to side off road and turned hazards on. I tried to restart vehicle it would turn over but would not start, I then noticed in the odometer that it stated "no bus". thinking it may have been an electronic system issue with fuel system I checked fuse box under the hood. I pulled the fuel system relay out then reinstalled. Truck started up ( all this took about 5-10 min). So I purchased a new relay but waited to have see if issue was resolved. Sitting in a parking lot a few days later I started vehicle and and started to load groceries, the vehicle sh*t off again, I tried to restart and same thing, looked at odometer and again it stated 'no bus" so I installed new relay. Put in off position and tried again. Still no luck. Waited a few min and tried to start vehicle again and it started up. Looked up on forums to find possible solution and the next step was to try the coil. I have installed new coil on 06/05/2018 and am currently waiting for issue to come again. To day is 06/06/2018. Thinking back the vehicle has had some jerking motions that almost resemble the same symptoms but never fully died, just jerked really bad but continued to drive. This is unsafe for if I was on a highway it kills power to the power steering pump and could cause an accident.

- Moorhead, MN, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 1500

Dashboard totally and I mean totally fell apart, just from everyday drivings bumps, bounces, and vibrations on city, state, and national streets, roads, and highways.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 242016

Ram 1500

The vehicle stalls when slowing down or stopping at a stoplight. No codes appear and the power steering and brakes no longer work. The vehicle may startup immediately or take two hours to restart. The radio and lights work, but the gauges don't engage when trying to restart the car. The problem occurs during warm weather days. The problem has occurred a number of times when my teenage son has been driving the vehicle. I'm afraid the vehicle will stall and place me in a dangerous situation. The problem has occurred a tremendous amount of times over the past year.

- Turlock, CA, USA

Jun 272016

Ram 1500

I believe somebody needs to hold Chrysler daimler responsible to place the severe safety concern of the dashboard for the 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 on the recall list. I have placed photos of why it is a safety concern in this report. They have been aware of this issue for 16 years now and have done nothing to fix it. It is obviously made of defective sub-standard material and has affected a large number of people with this make and model of pickup. The huge concern is that a dashboard of this standard can if not already killed or caused traumatic injuries to face or head to people in a collision due to airbag deployment or even failure to deploy for passenger side. Please take action on the matter before statistics take place.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Jul 012015

Ram 1500

The frame is rusting and has a break in the front end!

- Davison, MI, USA

Mar 012005

Ram 1500

The dash board started cracking roughly 4 to 5 years after purchase. I purchased new in 2000. It continued to crack and fall apart as time went on. I had to remove the dash board in order to replace the heating core. During that repair it simply, completely crack and broke apart. In order to get the dash board back in the truck, I had to glue it together using aluminum sheet metal under the dash in order to have something solid to glue the pieces back together with. I never saw anything like it in all my life. It's the worst dash board I have ever seen and it will keep my from buying another Chrysler product unless Chrysler installs a better dash free of charge.

- Saint David, AZ, USA

Jun 142014

Ram 1500 6-cyl

Dash falling aprt deterioating.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Dec 012013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dash board cracking from manufacturer default.

- Shamong, NJ, USA

May 152000

Ram 1500

Only a few months after the vehicle was purchased, I hit a pothole and the dash cracked. Over the years, the whole dash has caved in, leaving sensitive electronic components and wiring exposed to the sun. Sharp, brittle pieces of plastic also carry the potential to be hazardous. Dodge says the dash is not a recall item.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Jan 052011

Ram 1500 8-cyl

This is my second Dodge Ram and again my dashboard is cracking a big chuncks are falling thru the dashboard. My first Dodge did this, but I though it may be because I failed to keep it protective from the sun, but the Dodge I have know has always been parked in a garage or under a carport and I make sure and keep protective cleaner, sun of a gun, on it frequently. I do feel that someone legal needs to get involved in this and make Chrysler/Dodge recall this and pay for it. These are not cheap trucks and the engines are very good, but the dashboard makes the truck looked ragged. I have several friends with the same complaints on their Dodge trucks.

- Cross Hill, SC, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Normal driving and behavior lead up to the event. The dash in my vehicle is cracked and falling in in multiple locations. There are sharp shards of plastic sticking up and sitting near the passanger airbag. I fear that these could easily become projectiles in the event of an airbag deployment. Nothing has been done to correct the problem. There are hundreds of complaints online for this issue. Dodge is not offering a cost effective solution to this problem.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Sep 202004

Ram 1500

I am reporting a bad dash board in my truck. I first noticed two small cracks that appeared down by where the windshield & dash meet. This remained for a few months then the dash started spider webbing. The entire dash is now cracked & laying in the bottom. There are huge gaps in the dashboard. I tried resolving this through the dealership where I purchased my truck & was told this was never a covered item & received no assistance. I have recently learned that Dodge is no longer making these dashboards & are not available to purchase for replacement.

- Urbana, OH, USA

Mar 152010

Ram 1500

My dash board started cracking and then just collapsed the pieces are very sharp and continue to fall off

- Eugene, OR, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 1500

My dash is all broken up also. I also had it replaced once while it was still under warranty very very poor design. My first new vehicle. How disappointing.

- Lecanto, FL, USA

Oct 152009

Ram 1500

Like thousands of other Dodge Ram owners, I have a collapsed dashboard in my 2000 model Ram. The truck is in absolute perfect shape with only 45,000 miles... except for the shards of plastic that cut my wrist when I was retrieving a paper off the dashboard. I sure never thought I would be injured while sitting in a stationary truck in my driveway. Surely it's not a safe situation to have a collapsed dashboard over so many electrical wires and air bags.

- Berea, KY, USA

May 062009

Ram 1500

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 dash board is caving in. Consumer wants to know if the problem will effect the air bag.

- Harrisburg, NC, USA

May 012008

Ram 1500

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 with cracking dash. Consumer would like to know what could be done about this problem. He states that the dash is cracking and collapsing.

- Freeburg, IL, USA

Apr 052007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup and the dash is severely cracked in 4 places. I was informed that this can ultimately cause a rip in the air bag and that we should inform the manufacturer that this is a defect in all of the 94-01 Ram.

- Midlothian, TX, USA

Aug 102006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

: the contact stated the vehicle's dashboard was severely cracked near the area of the front passenger airbag. The contact cut the left palm of his hand while reaching for a pen. Not as a result of impact, the damage on the dashboard appeared to be defective. The manufacturer was notified and was given a reference number. But no action was taken. The service dealer was notified and determined that the dashboard needed to be replaced. Updated 09/11/06.

- Chester, VA, USA

Mar 112006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The dash is cracked in numerous places near the defroster on my 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4. I was told this may interfere with airbag deployment in the event of an accident. I am just concerned about this because it appears that many other Dodge Ram owners have similar problems with their dash and it appears to be a common defect.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA