2.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

Oct 102018

Ram 1500

Started vehicle and the following lights on the dash were lit airbag, traction control, esp bad, antilock brake, and the wipers wouldn't work, also the power outlet that only run when the key is turned, I drove the vehicle and all fore mentioned items went back to normal. This has happened on several occasions and the length of time they are lit/ not functioning varies from a couple of.minute to a couple of weeks.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Feb 102019

Ram 1500

The tipm has gone up with less than 100,000 miles on the truck and its very costly also I have to keep replacing the blend door actuator I have done this like 4 times its a lot of money and a hassle why havent these things been recalled

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 122019

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact took the vehicle to an unknown dealer for routine maintenance. The contact was informed that the alternator was about to fail. The contact had the alternator replaced with a rebuilt one; however, the replacement alternator failed a week later. The contact had the vehicle tested for a new battery and she discovered that the alternator failed again. The dealer replaced the alternator again and informed the contact of recalls for the Dodge Ram from 2007 through 2013. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 103,917.

- Salem, VA, USA

Sep 042018

Ram 1500

I noticed that when breaking at a red light or during high traffic areas, my truck looses complete power. I cannot turn the steering wheel and the engine shuts down. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to worry about not being able to steer away from traffic. I don't know if there is a recall for this issue, but I will certainly will like to get some information about this issue.

- Rosenberg, TX, USA

Feb 212018

Ram 1500

Truck would not start, engine would not turn over. Vehicle was towed to nearby ahop. Was told that it waa a bad tipm (total integrated power module) and upon inveatigation by repair shop was told it was a recall and this module was on back order due to number of vehiclea affected and redesign of module. Was without truck for six months. All systems were affected and would not work. It had burned out starter and affected all electrical syatems.

- Williamston, SC, USA

Feb 122017

Ram 1500

On my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi I have broken bolts on my exhaust manifold, something is wrong with my HVAC system in my truck also. Both of which I see are very common problems with these trucks.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Apr 052018

Ram 1500

Windshield wipers on all the time, all trouble lights on dash are on, speedometer and tachometer are dead, front windows wont operate, back windows do operate. A/C will blow air but not cold air. Horn will beep intermittently when car not in use. No trouble codes when scanned. 2 dealers have identified it as the total integrated power module problem. Part is unavailable from oem as it is in "engineering review".

- Venice, FL, USA

Feb 152018

Ram 1500

I have had the totally integrated power module replaced twice now due to failure. Apparently this is a very common issue in Dodge. It has caused my window defroster, wipers, door locks and windows randomly not to work. Pretty much anything electrical. My passenger airbag goes on and off, regardless of whether or not someone is in the passenger seat. My ABS brake system has been malfunctioning and locking up on me. This has been a huge safety issue when there's cold weather or rain and all of a sudden my defroster or wipers arent working or my turn signal is cutting out. The tipm on other Jeep and Chrysler products have been recalled. I don't understand why Dodge hasnt issued a recall. This needs to be investigated farther.

- Cleves, OH, USA

Mar 172018

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 65 mph, the headlamps failed without warning. The contact stated that the headlamp switch was set to auto-on at the time of the failure. Additionally, the heating and air conditioning unit activated and were unable to be turned off. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the blend door actuator was replaced five times previously; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was called, but was not able to be reached. The approximate failure mileage was 92,178.

- Lancaster, OH, USA

Feb 012018

Ram 1500

Tipm totally integrated power module is defective resulting in esp, power doors windows, ABS, and wipers not working had mechanic order part and Dodge cancelled order on February 8th said would not take orders till March 15th and now it is pushed back to June 12th

- Walpole, MA, USA

Dec 022017

Ram 1500

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram. I had to mark 2009 because my year want in the options. I have replaced my fuel pump twice to find out I have a bad tipm. My fuel pump won't shut off even when the truck is off causing a dead battery. Windows roll up and down on their own, truck losses power out of no where, and door locks won't work sometimes. I've spent a few thousand to try to get this fixed just to learn it's the tipm.your options won't allow me to check the proper boxes

- House Srings, MO, USA

Oct 262017

Ram 1500

There is a problem with everything electrically related to the truck. Truck stalls N the road while driving, won't start up at all on some occasions others its fine. Once the truck starts, all of the dash warning lights come on. (check engine, ABS, low windshield wiper fluid, voltage, low oil pressure, etc) the truck is not safe and now sits in the drive way! according to Dodge own website: "we're committed to your safety fca us llc regards the safety and security of our customers and their families as paramount and is fully committed to producing a vehicle with long-lasting reliability. Your confidence in our products and our service is of the utmost importance to us. As a result of our commitment to you, we may periodically recall a vehicle to correct a problem or improve overall performance and integrity." Well right now for many Dodge owners your cars are not safe, reliable or long lasting!

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jun 232017

Ram 1500

Lighting sockets and other electrical parts are melting and smoking causing everything not work. Currently not working after being replace in within the last 3 months: Headlights, reverse lights, parking sensors (4), heated seats, randomly the navigation/music system, unlocking/locking with key fob (randomly), ABS sensors, 4 wheel drive being turned off and on, the parking brake randomly turning off and on. I will be driving and things will slowing start to not work. Sometimes the lights don't work when I go to leave in the early morning and I have to take a different vehicle since you cannot legally drive without working lights in the dark. Multiple car repair shops have tried numerous things to fix it. We have spent under 4K in repairs on a truck we have owned less than a year, and we are now being told we are going to have to spend 1K plus labor costs to replace the tipm and another couple hundred to bring it to a dealership after and have it "reflashed"

- South St Paul, MN, USA

Nov 272017

Ram 1500

Vehicle sits over night and battery drains. Numerous forms online advised this was not something that only happened to me but, also happened to hundreds of others. It has been to the certified Dodge dealer four times with no results. I replaced the total integrated control module, went through 3 brand new mopar batteries, had it put on the diagnostics tool at the dealer and after 3-4 weeks of guess and check they could find no problems with it. Something is causing the battery to drain overnight. Sometimes it takes one night, sometimes 3-4 and the temp outside does not play any role in it. There is an electrical defect with my 09 Ram 1500 quadcab and no one can tell me the issue. IżM believing more and more that I have gotten a lemon and unfortunately I can not take advantage of any lemon law due to my geographic location in the usa. For the love of all things good in this world, please investigate this problem so we donżT have to jump start out trucks...please! Iżve spent an absorbatant amount of money on the problem and have always owned a Dodge Ram pickup going on almost 20 years. Never have I swayed from the brand or, even given a thought to purchasing a pickup by a different manufacturer, however, this has me contemplating buying a Ford and trading this Ram in on it. It's fully paid for and in great shape and love the truck. But...sometimes cutting the cord and going in the Ford direction is for the best. IżM sure this will lead nowhere but this is my final plea for help. Please?!

- Farmington, NH, USA

Nov 202017

Ram 1500

The gears on actuator failed causing a loss of heat in my 2009 Ram 1500. Chrysler informed me that the recall was already performed and that they will not perform the recall again. When the recall was performed the vehicle did not show any signs of the known issues, so the parts were never replaced. Now the parts mentioned in the recall is failing. I do not have heat in my vehicle and because of the cold weather my windows fog up making it dangerous to drive. I believe that Chrysler should be liable for this known issue.

- Lincolnton, NC, USA

Aug 232017

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart while holding the key fob but, when released, the vehicle lost all power. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the wireless ignition switch needed repalcement. The vehicle was not repaired due to the cost. The contact found NHTSA campaign number: 10V2400000 (electrical system) online for the 2010 Ram quad cab regarding the same failure. The vehicle was not taken to a local dealer for diagnostic testing. The contact stated that the manufacturer was notified, but offered no further assistance. The contact was referred to contact NHTSA. The failure mileage was approximately 99,900.

- Karlsruhe, NC, USA

May 312017

Ram 1500

Was driving the truck and all the warning lights come on and the truck just died. I tried to start it back up and heard a clicking noise. Thinking that it was just a battery problem, I put a jump box on it and it started. Took the jump box off and it died. Knew it was the alternator and had it towed to the shop. They put a new alternator on it and still was not charging. Changed the battery and still was not charging. Checked the fuse box and found a blown fuse for the PCM and changed it. It still was not charging. Like anyone else and product of elimination, voltage regulator. Go to change the voltage regulator and find out that they changed it to a module that they put inside the computer. Now, I have to have the whole computer changed or do without my truck while the computer is fixed. Why are they allowed to take such a simple part as a voltage regulator that commonly goes out and combine it with a majar part such as a computer that cost $100's of dollars to fix?

- Abita Springs, LA, USA

Mar 242017

Ram 1500

Truck is difficult to start unless you wiggle the key fob, it also shuts off randomly driving down the road due to the key issue. If you adjust the key, you can restart it, can also start it by putting your finger in the hole for the key to go into with the fob next to it. Mostly happens when initially starting it and if you hit a bump in the road. We have removed all keys from the fob but it continues to cut the truck off while driving. This was a common recall on the Dodge town and country. I talked to Dodge this morning and they said our truck was not affected and we could pay for the repair.

- Lawton, OK, USA

Dec 232016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while stationary, the HVAC system would not defrost the windshield. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Dec 262016

Ram 1500

My extremely low-mileage Ram is experiencing electrical and sensor issues of a truck tens of thousands of miles higher. The key fob will not lock or unlock the doors but the lights will flash. The esp/bas light remains on along with the slipping light plus the airbag light. They all remain on. The driver side door panel will not lock or unlock the doors. The panel will not open or close the 2 rear windows, but, the 2 front windows will open and close. All lights remain on while in motion or parked. I did notice the column shifter was extremely loose and was not as tight as normal. Vehicle has just over 65,000 miles on it. And is 8 years old possibly related issues are that the truck was recently taken in for wheel sensor replacements and low idle causing stalling.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA