Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

Feb 102019

Ram 1500

The tipm has gone up with less than 100,000 miles on the truck and its very costly also I have to keep replacing the blend door actuator I have done this like 4 times its a lot of money and a hassle why havent these things been recalled

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 102018

Ram 1500

There was a clicking noise behind the dash of my truck. Took it in to get it looked at and it was the actuator behind my HVAC that needed to be replaced. After some research I found there was a recall the K17 that had been done that was suppose to fix this issue apparently. After talking with the dealership and making calls to Ram they told me that it wouldn't be fixed for free due to the fact the K17 wasn't an actual recall and just a customer satisfaction letter. They quoted me at $1500 due to the fact the dash had to be removed to get to this actuator and suggested I replace all of them if I was going to have this fixed. I feel like this is wrong and they should fix it again. At this point I don't know what to do since the manufacturer told me it wouldn't be covered.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Dec 282018

Ram 1500

The front windshield seals on the sides are starting to come off. Worried that I can not drive on highways or interstate fearing that my windshield will fly off. Manor safety hazard.

- Mcpherson, KS, USA

Jan 152015

Ram 1500

2009 Dodge Ram 1500. When the vehicle was started, a ticking noise was heard from the exhaust manifold. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that both sides of the engine block hinges were fractured and needed replacement. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 80000

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jun 092018

Ram 1500

On June 9,2018 at approximately 10:20am I entered and parked in my driveway. The vehicle's shifter was placed into park and the engine was shut off. I exited my now parked vehicle and went inside at 10:21. Prior to exiting the vehicle the vehicle slightly rocks and the and the parking gear engages indicating the vehicle is in park. Moments later, 6 minutes at 10:27am June 9, 2017 the vehicle rolls backwards from a stationary position and struck the brick mailbox at the end of the driveway causing unrepairable damage to the mailbox. The vehicle sustained damage to the tailgate bumper and undercarriage. The neighbor across the street was outside during the incident and witnessed the event and notified me. The home security camera captured the above described of events. After notifying Fiat Chrysler automobiles I learned of a safety recall NHTSA recall # 17V-821 the brake transmission shift interlock. This safety recall may result in the following: The transmission may be shifted of the park position without a key in the ignition or a brake pedal application. This increases the potential for an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in a vehicle crash or injury without prior warning. This is what exactly happened. The Fiat Chrysler automobiles investigations stated they were sorry and not responsible. This is absolutely absurd. ( the videos are in MP3 format and I can email them but not attach them to this form)

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Dec 072017

Ram 1500

I called the dealership to schedule my recall repair. They told me I did not have any active recalls on my vehicle. After an unpleasant back and forth I was finally able to get a manager or "advisor" on the phone. The advisor determined that I did in fact have an active recall. This error was extremely unprofessional, unacceptable and could have endangered my life and the lives of anyone in my vehicle as the safety risk of the recall is "the loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability during a crash may increase the risk of injury or death." (NHTSA recall number17V-302). While this instance is the most egregious from a safety perspective, this is not the first time ourisman jcd of alexandra, va has been reckless or negligent with my vehicle and I would like to file a formal complaint. Errors like this could lead to myself or someone else getting seriously injured or worse.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 142016

Ram 1500

Blended door actuator making a clicking noise. Ac not working at all.

- Pembroke, NC, USA

Aug 252016

Ram 1500

My 2009 Dodge Ram gas tank almost fell off. The tank is held on by two metal straps with one side being attached by a T-style that fits into a T-slot in the frame.. the frame has rotted out at the attachment point and the strap has pulled out of the frame. The gas tank drops down and only has one strap securing it to the vehicle. The dealership or the factory has no solution for repair aside from replacing the frame (which is not covered under warranty). In reading the forums and NHTSA site, this is not an uncommon situation. A gas tank falling from a vehicle is a serious concern, not only for the driver/occupants but if it happens on a highway it may involve other motorists. A recall is needed.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Sep 122016

Ram 1500

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 there is a manifold bolt that is inferior/defective part dealership has admitted they know it is.. they are replacing atleast one a week. This bolt can break off and cause the motor to cease... warranty will not replace and this is happening to hundreds of people its in all Dodge forums... $400 + to replace this definitely needs to bd a recall only 50,000 miles on truck

- Bean Station, TN, USA

Dec 012015

Ram 1500

Started hearing a ticking sound from my truck when starting it up, but mostly in the morning.took it to the mechanic shop and was told I had a manifold leak. They told me that the leak was due to four of the maniflold bolts had completely broken off the manifold for no reason at all. Upon doing futher research I've found that this is a common problem with a lot of other Dodge.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

May 042016

Ram 1500

Vehicle odometer resets at 66,000 miles. The vehicle has done this three different times consistently @ 66,000 miles.

- Lexington, NC, USA

May 242015

Ram 1500

Vehicle will not shift out of park for up to 90 seconds. It happens randomly, and when it does decided to shift the break peddle may or may not be pushed.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 032015

Ram 1500

Fiat/Dodge is refusing to honor their court order and buy my recalled truck back at fair market value plus 10% of original purchase price. Instead I was offered trade in plus 10% of that. I will not accept them trying to make a dollar off of their mistake. They are putting my families safety at risk every day they play this lowball game.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jan 042016

Ram 1500

I bought my truck in 2010 and a year into owning the truck I started hearing a loud knocking sound and my HVAC started messing up, defrost or heat wouldn't work, it wouldn't blow where I told it to blow, etc...I called Dodge as there was a recall for this and they stated it was already fixed so I had to fix it on my own. I bought all the parts and 3 new actuators and had it repaired. Now, it's happening again. It's winter time and the defrost doesn't work and I shouldn't have to pay to have this repaired again, obviously something is wrong with how they are repairing these or a problem with the actual parts they are putting in. This shouldn't happen 3 times in one vehicle. There are many complaints about this online so it's not just my truck that's having this issue. I know Dodge is in another situation with recalls on the Dodge trucks and I believe the HVAC recall needs another look to see if these were not repaired incorrectly or have defaulted parts that we keep shelling out money for.

- Allen, TX, USA

Sep 291947

Ram 1500

Takata recall my 2009 Dodge Ram at 45to70 mph when crossing abridge or hitting a small bump with either left or right tire my vehicle will jump to that side of the road ive had it to the Chrysler dealer, they said that nothing in loose or worn and hanent had any problems except with the 2500and3500rams doing these things, I love my Dodge but im afraid its going to jump over into incoming traffic and hurt me or some one else.what can I do?

- Hickory, NC, USA

Jan 152016

Ram 1500

Ignition switch intermittently releases key disconnecting all power to control and safety functions including, but not limited to, power steering, power brakes, lights, and airbags.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Dec 102015

Ram 1500

First of all, this is a 2014 Ram truck 1500 longhorn crew pickup.the vehicle was in motion and the front right tire completly fell off and the steering knuckle was sheered off !

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Dec 232015

Ram 1500

My 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 gas tank almost fell out causing almost an explosion of tank. Reason: The tank is held in by two metal straps one side is attach to a frame bolt the other side of the strap is a T shape that slides into a T slot in the frame now what happen is the T section pulled right through the frame causing the tank to drop almost to the road the remainder of the strap was hitting the driveshaft causing sparks if the plastic tank hit the ground it could explode. Dodge rep had mention to me this is a common issue. So I think there should be a recall on this issue...updated 08/07/17

- Hubbardston, MA, USA

Nov 192015

Ram 1500

K17 recall diagnosis for the right temperature actuator was performed at South pointe Chrysler Dodge in tulsa, ok. I spoke with marla at the Chrysler sca customer service center. My case number is 28251650. Marla was very helpful but she told me that Chrysler will not cover the repair cost. The entire HVAC must be removed in order to replace the right temperature actuator.

- Inola, OK, USA

Oct 012015

Ram 1500

All my information has been received for the buyback program;I have signed the offer form from Dodge and sent it back in, even though the offer was based on a trade in value, plus 10%,and per the agreement with the nhtsb, it is supposed to be based on the fair market value of the selling price, not trade in value since trade in value is significantly less than the selling price.I have been told every time I have called the buyback department that my check is "processing".finally, on Monday, Nov 9th, a supervisor with the fca buyback department(which I understand is a third party call center and not Dodge)explained that Dodge has not released any checks at all to any customers who have chosen the buyback option.I will no longer drive a vehicle that has a dangerous open recall.since I am choosing to have my vehicle bought back, I do not have the option to have the vehicles recall fixed.since Dodge will not treat this matter with any urgency whatsoever, I will take precautionary measures on my own behalf so that my children and I do not get killed/injured because of Dodge negligence. IżM not going to continue to spend money, drive a dangerous vehicle, and put myself, my family, and others at risk because Dodge is dragging their feet on this and not taking the ruling from the nhtsb seriously.I will be prepared to meet at the dealership today.ive asked for a date, any date they will have the check for the vehicle and when I can meet to have this truck bought back, but have heard nothing.Dodge is not prepared to comply with the ruling from the nhtsb when Dodge has had several months to prepare for this and also agreed to the nhtsb ruling. I am now choosing to go through Dodge directly since the fca recall/buyback team has given me all of their information and the matter now rests with Dodge. I have sent approx 6 emails since 11/9 requesting a call back, and still haven't received one.

- Marshallville, OH, USA