3.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Ram 2500:

Oct 102006

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

Severe cracks and cave-ins on 2000 Dodge 2500 Ram pick-up truck. Chrysler has refused to repair them.

- Madison, IN, USA

Apr 232006

Ram 2500 Diesel

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram that has a very bad dash problem. It started cracking a year ago. I called the Dodge dealership in temple, tx when I was living in that area and they said they were very aware of the dash problems in the Dodge trucks but couldn't do anything about it. Since then I have talked to hundreds people on the phone - in person - on on the internet about this and they were told the same thing. Now to me this is a very serious problem. I am a member of a local fire dept and I know what a busted dash can do in a wreck - that plastic can be very dangerous. There is no way to tell if the air bag will work properly - the crack could have splintered and you would never know it - until it is too late and the air bag doesn't deploy!! I am very concerned about this matter with not only my truck but everyone elses with cracked dashes!! please help and do something.

- Kenedy, TX, USA

Oct 202006

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

The dashboard in my truck with only 92,000 miles is developing numerous cracks at the windshield area near the defroster vents, and around the mounting screws near the windshield. I have personally seen this in at least 10 other Ram trucks, and have found hundreds of pages on the internet of people complaining about this problem. Some have huge holes in the dash top! I've seen pictures of this. The service manager at my local Dodge dealer told me that they are very aware of this problem in the Ram trucks, and have replaced several for the city of tallahassee that are out of warranty, but, Chrysler says they will not replace the dashin my truck, because it is out of warranty??. I am concerned that in a head-on collision that the dashboard could shatter and send sharp plastic projectiles thoughout the cabin. Also that the airbag might blow out of it's mounts! this seems like a major safety concern!

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jul 012004

Dash cracked.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Sep 152003

Ram 2500

Engine spark knock as a result of a bad plenum gasket. Dodge apparently will not fix, unless I come up with $450-$500. I bought the truck used and apparently there was a service bulletin for that particular problem, but I had no idea that it neede to be done. By the way, I bought the truck in Jan of 2003 and the bulletin was released in Feb of 2003. I would have thought that I would have received a notice in the mail, but did not and now I'm on the hook for the repair.

- Flushing, MI, USA

May 152003

Ram 2500

1.body jumps at different speeds unable to steere.2.odometer reading didn't move for approx- 1st 200 miles.3.engine knocks. 4. shifting linkage and gears grind. 5. transmission slips and front axle grinds. 6.salesman said I was approved and did qualify for any vehicle in the lot with $10,000 down.called finance company after purchase and was approved for the vehicle I originally wanted.7.brakes need to be replaced all the way around. Thank you, tom & deb aleto

- El Cajon, CA, USA