3.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Contour:

Mar 032007

Contour 6-cyl

The vinyl dashboard on my 200 Ford Contour svt is warping causing the vinyl to rise into the driver fov.

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

Aug 012006

Contour 6-cyl

Dashboard has warped to the point where the defroster plastic vent does not fit in its designated spot. Defroster does not work as a result of the air not being directed to the windshield properly.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Sep 012005

Contour 6-cyl

2000 Ford Contour top of dash warped severely.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Mar 062007

Contour 6-cyl

I have a 2000 Ford Contour that I purchased in 2000 while I lived in nh. In early 2001, I moved out of nh and to MA. Last year, I started to pay attention to a very noticeable warping in my dashboard. The dashboard has started to pull away from the windshield. The black venting piece is no longer connected and could become lose and serve as a projectile in an accident. My front windshield no long defrosts properly which can cause problems with seeing while driving. I just found out that there was a recall in 2001, and I can only assume that the notice was somehow sent to my old address.

- Somerville, MA, USA

Feb 152006

Contour 6-cyl

The vent bracket on the dash became loose and was about to fall off when I removed it from the car. The dash pad began to shrink and pull away from the instrument panel and dash immediately after we got the car. The manufacturer discontinued to provide a replacement in 2004. There was a repair campaign for a 6 month period--before I owned the car. I would like Ford to provide a replacement part to me at no cost. I will install it. This is a safety issue because the defroster is blocked by the leading edge of the shrinking dash pad; part of the driver's vision is blocked; the grille is dangerous if it becomes loose in the car; the airbag deployment will be interfered with unless there is a remedy.

- Meriden, KS, USA

Apr 012004

Contour 6-cyl

Dash warped on 2000 Ford Contour. I bought the car new in Feb. Of 2001 and had the dash replaced once already when it was covered under Ford's warranty. The 2nd time it happened Ford refused to help as my warranty had expired. The dash is severely warped to the point where it's hitting the windshield. Considering my height, it has certainly had an effect on my vision of the road. It also has an adverse impact on the defroster function. The front of the dash is now beginning to warp as well just above the steering wheel. Numerous owners of this vehicle have complained about this problem but Ford refuses to help. Please help!!!!

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 152002

Contour

Foam cover on dashboard has warped. Edge nearest windshield has curled up and is now touching windshield at least 5 inches from base. Warped dashboard blocks air from defroster resulting in safety hazard as visibility is significantly reduced especially in cold weather. This is the result of a known defect (tsb 01B78). Ford had an owner notification program in place but I never received a letter despite owning the car and having it registered at the time. A supervisor at the Ford "customer relationship center" told me that "it must have been lost in the mail". I was told that the repair offer has now expired. This is no longer an aesthetic problem as the blockage of the defroster severely compromises safety.

- Brighton, MA, USA

Dec 162005

Contour 6-cyl

The glue that holds the dashboard down let loose blocking the defroster making it unable to see both in winter and on raining days.

- Neenah, WI, USA

Jun 162004

Contour 6-cyl

Delaminating dashboard, Ford Contour SE, 2000 model.

- Providence, RI, USA