6.6

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Edge:

Jun 102019

Edge

Takata recall issue. I received a notice of this recall in January 2019. I called my local dealer, mullinax Ford to have it resolved. They took my VIN, name and number and said they'd call me when the parts became available. I received another notice in April so again, I made the call to mullinax. They took down my information again and said they'd contact me. Here it is, June 10th 2019. I called them again and they said it will still be weeks possibly months before the parts come in. Unacceptable! I'm afraid to drive my car!

- Tenino, WA, USA

Apr 222019

Edge

Takata recall, 19S01/NHTSA recall 19V-001, my Ford dealer has no replacement airbag available and Ford company gives me recorded message. Its been over 6 years now, when will my car get repaired?

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Jan 072019

Edge

Takata recall: Paramus Ford dealership (375 NJ-17, paramus, NJ 07652) claims to have not received the replacement parts. I'm driving to Florida in 3 weeks, and will stay for 3 months, where it will be exposed to higher heat and humidity. Need the parts before 2/11/2019. Have been calling paramus Ford for weeks, and they still have not received the parts from takata.

- Fair Lawn, NJ, USA

Edge 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). Bolton Ford (1500 E college St, lake charles, la 70607, (337) 474-0070) was unable to obtain the part from the manufacturer to schedule an appointment for the recall repair. The dealer indicated that the contact had been placed on a waiting list for the part, but there was no follow-up call to verify what number the contact was placed on the list. In addition, there was no mention of a loaner vehicle option in compliance with the recall notice. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Jan 012017

Edge

2 years and still waiting for Ford to replace my air bags" why is it taking so long???? I have children that ride with me on a daily basis in this vehicle! nothing has happened as of yet, but what if it does???"

- Shallotte, NC, USA

Nov 122018

Edge

Takata recall : I received a letter for recall 17S01 / NHTSA recall 17V-024. And I have heard that the parts aren't avaliable to change it. How can I do?

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Nov 262018

Edge

"takata recall" I have been calling since June to get my car repaired. I was given a case number and then never contacted. I have called the 2 dealerships in Colorado springs and was told they would get me in a rental car and yet they never have. I have called them every week and continue to get the same response stating they are working on it. I have called Ford motor since June as well and get the exact same response. The airbag light on the vehicle is now on and I have a child that I will not put in this car as it has a recall on it. I have told the dealership about the light and they stated they will contact me when a rental is available.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called several local dealers, including david mcdavid Ford forth worth (300 w loop 820 S, fort worth, tx 76108, (682) 200-1952), autonation Ford forth worth (5000 bryant irvin road, fort worth, tx 76132, 877-201-3550), and five star Ford (6618 ne loop 820, North richland hills, (817) 500-0096) and was informed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Benbrook, TX, USA

Oct 292018

Edge

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the horn failed to sound, the electronic functions on the steering wheel failed to operate properly, and the air bag indicator was illuminated. The dealer (parkway Ford, 2104 peters creek pkwy, winston-salem, nc 27127, 1-(877) 836-4271) was notified of the failures. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The VIN and failure mileage were not available.

- High Point, NC, USA

Jan 312018

Edge

Takata recall - I received notification in January 2018 from my credit karma acct that my vehicle was a part of the takata recall. Upon research with NHTSA, I found that there was no remedy for the recall. A few months later I received a notice that Ford was offering to cover rental car expenses for those effected by the recall with no remedy. But when I called my local dealerships to ask for the rental, I was told that the rental company that Ford deals with, enterprise, was refusing to honor the offer. It is now November 2018, and no remedy has been established. My car is in group 5, of which only a very small percentage of effected vehicles have been fixed. It is also my understanding the remedy parts manufacturer is based in Mexico. With the current state of affairs between potus and Mexico, that means the exporting and distribution of goods will take longer. I find that the prudent thing for Ford to do is move manufacturing to the us. I understand this may be more expensive for Ford in the short term. But it would benefit them more in the long run by getting these parts made quicker and distributed quicker, rather than a class action law suit or individual law suits for those who have been inconvenienced or worse, hurt or died. I feel like it will be years before my car is fixed. At this time, I do not allow anyone to sit in my front passenger seat. I cant even use this vehicle as the family car as intended when we bought it. Im highly frustrated by the lack of progress. It is my hope that the nhsta can help facilitate progress by Ford & takata.

- Groton, CT, USA

Jan 012017

Edge 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. Multiple dealers were contacted, including crossroads Ford Lincoln (1070 versailles rd, frankfort, ky 40681) who all stated that the parts were unavailable for the repair. The manufacturer was also contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Consumer stated air bag was replaced.

- Owenton, KY, USA

Nov 052018

Edge

There is a safety recall for my passenger air bag, but no dealer has parts"?? why is it called a safety recall if your not gonna fix it this year???" I dont care who makes the parts, it says Ford on the front of my car.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA

Mar 012017

Takata recall

- Goldsby, OK, USA

Oct 312018

Edge

Ford has sent three (3) recall notifications to me regarding the takata recall. After I received the second and subsequent third notice, I called a dealer to ask about bringing in the vehicle for the replacement/repair. I have been told both times that the manufacturer has not sent the replacements. The manufacturer keeps updating the system - the latest is October 31, 2018. Accidents are unavoidable sometimes, and if I had a passenger in my vehicle and the airbag exploded, the resulting disaster from the metal associated with these airbags would disfigure my passenger. Does such a tragedy need to take place before any consumer receives what is a public trust for our collective safety?

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 012018

Edge

Takata recall - still no parts no rental we were made aware of this issue in Feb 2018. The letter stated parts would be available in the 2 or 3 quarter. Ford also stated we could get a rental. So we reserved a rental.the day we were to get a rental the dealership called and stated none were available and they would call when one was available. That was in June 2018 and it is now November without a rental or parts to fix the recall. We cannot ride as a family in this car. No one can rider in the passenger seat.

- Pinckney, MI, USA

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Fairview Ford (292 North G street, san bernardino, California 92410 (888) 720-3274) was made aware of the recall and stated that the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnects.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Oct 032018

Edge

Passinger air bag light stays on and a letter from Ford said air bag is defective.happens when vehicle is first started and remains on for a few minutes.

- Greenfield, IN, USA

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The contact called two dealers, including banner Ford (985-234-5678, 1943 N causeway blvd, mandeville, la 70471) and it was confirmed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Covington, LA, USA

Oct 292018

Edge

Takata recall have not received notice to take vehicle into dealer ship for repairs.

- Del Rio, TX, USA

Jan 102017

Edge 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The contact stated that the part was not produced in a timely manner. The contact did not call the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Bloomington, IN, USA