8.0

Most common solutions:

1. replace door latch (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Edge:

May 202017

Edge Sport

The door ajar light is a joke and it should be recalled. I've done nothing to cause this problem and the dealer wants 600 to fix. No way. Cheap part, Ford should fix this issue. Too many other people are having same issues !!

- , Newark, US

May 012017

Edge

Same issue that others having with the Driver Door Ajar sensor failing and lights staying on. Just happened after 4.25 years and 45000 miles. I keep the car clean so I don't think it's a dirty sensor.

My only work around is when I park, I get in on the passengers side and turn the key before turning over the engine and see if the sensor is active. If it is, I keep opening/shutting the drivers door until it goes off and then get out/lock.

At least this way, my battery won't die and leave me stranded.

I'm sure I'll take this in if I can't find a fix myself.

Update from Jun 13, 2017: Shutting the door constantly doesn't even work now. Tried the WD-40 but no dice. So frustrating.

- , Boise, US

Jul 082014

Edge Limited 3.5L

This was so annoying .

Service manager told me that Ford was allowing them to replace the driver door latch, however now they could only "clean them". Edge had 41,000 miles. This worked until today October 21,2014, Edge now has 46,000 miles.

Took back and was told the latch needed replaced and the cost was $295.00 because it is not under warranty. I called Ford service to complain since I know for a fact this has been an ongoing problem. Of course, they tell me they cannot help as there is no recall!!

This is a real crock.The latch should be replaced at no cost.

FORD YOU NEED TO RECALL...THIS IS YOUR ISSUE....STEP UP!!!

Could be a safety issue as the door ajar light requires you to open and reshut door to try to correct it. I have had to pull over as it happens while driving...all at once BING>>BING>>>BING...

- , Gaffney, SC, USA