8.3

$900

Most common solutions:

1. replace windshield (5 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Edge:

Feb 022019

Edge V6

Car was fine & sitting in the parking lot. When I came out to the car (very cold weather) the edges of the entire window were "alligatored" and the window fell in when I started to open the lift gate. Horrible experience and I understand that this is a known defect that Ford has ignored as they have with so many others including their V8 engine. I will never own another Ford!

- dustin3rd, South Windsor, US

Dec 102018

rear window shattered

I came out of work to a very damaged back windshield. The police didn't feel it was a break in but that the windshield exploded. I spoke to Ford and nothing is covered under my extended warranty and there hasn't been any recalls. My car just turned 3 years old and this is very frustrating that Ford will not replace. We are now having to pay a deductible, new back windshield motor and wiper, costing a fortune for nothing that I did!

- Amanda E., Columbus, US

Oct 192018

Edge SEL V6

Started the car up early in the morning and as I backed up, pieces of the window fell into my truck area. No idea what caused the entire window to shatter. There was no debris around the parked car or in the back seat that I could find.

- Brooke G., Jackson, MI, US

Mar 212018

Edge

click to see larger images

rear window shattered rear window shattered rear window shattered rear window shattered rear window shattered

While driving down the interstate, I heard an extremely loud pop; my rear windshield spontaneously broke into a bazillion pieces! Nothing hit or landed on my car, I didn't hit any bumps or anything, it just shattered. I pulled over and when I shut my door the windshield started falling into the back of my car. I'm thankful that my children were not in the back of the car at the time and that the roads were free and clear of snow and ice. Fortunately, with a little pressing, it was covered under the extended warranty.

- Kari B., Northfield, US

Apr 012017

Edge SEL V6

There wasn't anything special happening - No sub-zero temperatures - No rocks or stones - Nobody slamming doors - Nothing preventing the trunk from closing. Then without any warning it just crystalized into a million tiny little pieces. The rear window just shattered for no apparent reason at all. So who is to blame for this?? Do I call my Ford dealership and ask if maybe there is a defect in the back window glass?? Do I make an insurance claim and pay the $500 deductible and face increased rates for the next 4 years when it clearly wasn't an accident?? Do I have to cough up the repair money for something that was not my fault??

This sucks!!!

- vgoodwin, Barrie, ON, Canada

Mar 252017

Edge SEL 4 cyl Turbo

click to see larger images

rear window shattered rear window shattered

Ready to head home after a day of shopping, just pulled out of the parking spot when we heard a loud boom. I pulled the car back into a parking spot to see what happened, only to realize that my rear windshield shattered for no reason. There was no one around, nothing that had fallen from a building or the sky. My rear windshield shattered from one corner to the other, all the way across the bottom and then the glass continue to crack up the center of the window. Small shards of glass continued to break off and drop on both the outside and inside of my car. Called FORD roadside assistance and was told that no one would accept my service call because they deemed it a liability issue. After several other phone calls and no help, I had to break the rest of the window and then wrap it with a tarp and drive an hour and a half home in 26 degree weather. FORD is not covering it under warranty, my insurance is. Luckily no one was hurt and my dogs were not in the back of the car.

- dsawyer98, Jay, US

Feb 122017

Edge SEL 2.0L Ecoboost

click to see larger images

Driving about 40km/h temp was -4 deg C. Nothing overhead. All of a sudden BOOM. Look in mirror to see my rear window completely shattered. Pulled over ASAP and checked it out. As soon as I shut my door the glass let go and fell into the trunk space. Ford has initially denied coverage but I'm trying to convince them still.

- Manny S., Haileybury, ON, Canada