8.2

$1,340

Most common solutions:

1. replace glass (9 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Edge:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Mar 012018

Edge 3.5L

The first part of the Moon Roof shows many cracks. Both the dealer and the Ford Motor Company

are denying any warranty repair because the car is 100 KM over the 60,000 Kilometers.

I have contacted Transport Canada because I consider this a safety issue. I would recommend

for anyone buying a 2015 Edge with a moon roof to make sure that no cracks are showing.

You have to do this from the "top" because of the darkening of the glass you cannot see it

from inside the car.

- ninaber, Mississauga, ON, Canada

Jul 022017

Edge Titaniaum 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

vista roof glass cracked vista roof glass cracked

I opened my vista moon roof this weekend to discover that the glass was cracked the entire way front to back. There is no reason this should have happened. Vehicle is garage kept and I park in an open parking lot at work. I called the dealership since I only have 33K miles and it is just under 2 yrs old. I have an appointment next week for them to take pictures and submit to Ford to see if they will cover it under warranty.

- Tracy N., Aliquippa, US

Jan 042017

Edge

Still no official recall on sunroofs! I am hopefully lucky since at 26K still under warranty heading to dealership today for them to take pics and submit to Ford.

- smltxag, Houston, TX, USA

Nov 252016

Edge Titanium 3.5L

Going to Ford dealer 11/28/16 to get an opinion. Will ask for warranty repair.

Update from Oct 2, 2017: Warranty was denied by 2 Ford dealers. I had to pay over $1,000.00 to fix the car.

- Leo S., El Granada, CA, USA

Oct 122016

Edge SE V6

I opened my sun shade panel and discovered a jagged crack extending from the front to back of the moon roof glass that opens. There is no sign of impact or anything nearby that could have fallen on it. I went into a Ford dealer in Lakewood and was told that he has seen a few of these over the past few months, and Ford knows they have a problem. Because I have over 36,000 miles on my car, he said it would not be covered by warranty. Really? The car is only 16 months old, and Ford is aware there is a problem but, because of my millage I'm on my own with this. Ridiculous!

- Gordon W., Lakewood, CO, USA

Sep 162016

Edge Titanium 2.0L

Yesterday I opened the cover of my panoramic sunroof to find the back section of glass with cracks going multiple directions. There was no point of impact on the glass and I park in an open parking lot. The car has 6k miles on it... I can't feel the cracks from the inside of the glass, but I'm worried about the structural integrity of the glass. I'm a die hard Ford guy, but I wasn't expecting issues with the car within 1 year of purchase. The glass for the panoramic roof is $1,057 and includes both sections... I only need to replace the back section that doesn't open. It needs to be replaced, looking into my options

- Patrick P., Oxford, OH, USA

Jul 072016

Edge Sport 2.7L

On Friday 7/8 I noticed the crack, I quickly checked the web and found other owners have this issue. It's booked into Ford to check this week. Nothing damaged the roof Parked outside work) , there are no impact spots and the crack seems to have started in two separate area.

Update from Jul 15, 2016: July 15th, Good news, Ford have agreed to replace the glass roof panel under warranty.

- corcodav1516, San Jose, CA, US

Jun 252016

Edge Titanium 2.6L Ecoboost

vista roof glass cracked

Not sure when the large front panel of the Vista roof glass fractured but we were shocked to find it on Saturday June 25, 2016 when we opened the shade. Fracture has multiple starting points with no point of impact leading everyone to believe it is either a glass defect or a temperature expansion/contraction problem. Ford so far has stated they will replace under standard warranty, but glass is not stocked and will take about 1 week to receive in house and then will need to take in for repair. We stuck carpet mastic on the bottom of the glass to prevent shattering until repairs could be made.

- morganco, Loveland, CO, USA

May 242016

Edge Titanium V6

Noticed an odd crack in the rear panel of the panoramic sunroof. It needs to be fully replaced, but I have yet to contact the dealership to see what they will do.

Update from Jun 20, 2016: Called dealership and was advised to bring the vehicle in.The service member took several pictures and told me they would have to wait to hear back from Ford as to whether it would be covered under warranty or not. As I arrived back home, the dealership called and said that Ford would, indeed,cover the repair under warranty. Waiting on the parts now.

- Barbara C., Honolulu, HI, United States

Aug 212015

Edge SEL 2.5L

3 weeks off the lot to the day a new 2015 Ford Edge, after parking vehicle and as it was going to be a hot day, I open panorama roof and see the front glass of roof is cracked. Called dealer and was told to bring it in to service. They took pics and service guy said he's seen a couple of these and would contact Ford. Next day was informed it will be covered under warranty but will take several days to ship replacement glass. Thank you Ford for covering it. But...when I googled the issue, it appears to be an ongoing problem with this roof/window. Seems around 2000 mi. the thing just cracks for no reason, and some are not being covered by the company. My questions, will it happen again, be covered and be an ongoing issue? Only time will tell.

- thomas2of7, Mays Landing, NJ, USA

Jun 302015

Edge Titanium 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

vista roof glass cracked vista roof glass cracked vista roof glass cracked vista roof glass cracked vista roof glass cracked

On 30 Jun 15‚ my wife departed for work and the car was in perfect condition. She drove to work‚ picked up our child enroute home and did not drive to lunch that day. Upon arrival at home‚ she pointed out that the rear vista glass roof panel had cracked for no apparent reason.

We dropped it off at Cowles Ford with the expectation the factory warranty or the additionally purchased extended bumper to bumper warranty would cover the issue. Cowles Ford informed us that Ford Corporate told them over the phone how to "test" for an impact area and based on their newly learned "test"‚ they determined it was a rock and an insurance claim instead. I disagreed because there are cracks throughout the entire glass and they do not intersect with the alleged point of impact.

I asked my insurer (USAA) to have a claims specialist look in depth as well and she pointed out to the dealer that there are other areas that look the same as their alleged point of impact. They have not been able to answer my questions regarding how can a point of impact on one side of the glass have impacted the numerous other areas cracked as well. Yet despite having no answers‚ Ford Corporate trusts their newly found expertise to deny the claim at the dealership level. This is disingenous and I won’t stand for it. The dealer needs to back the claim or get Ford to provide a qualified expert that can support why the claim is denied other than a hunch and on-the-job training by phone.

- brownc72, Woodbridge, VA, USA