5.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Escape:

Oct 152005

Escape 6-cyl

1. I am complaining about my back up alarm sensors. I have had about 5 incidents in which I have received false positives when nothing is behind me. At work while backing out, the system will sound and go crazy. 2. I have not had any accidents with this malfunction to date. I just do not trust the product that was purchased with my car 3. I took my car to mossy Ford in san diego on October 18, 2005. Made the complaint and they said that everything checked out good. I have noticed one thing in common with all five of my incidents, I have been around nextel cellular phone towers. In my work parking lot we have a nextel cell tower and this is where the system seem to be unreliable. Also at a place of business that I frequent there is a cell site down the street. I did see a technical service bulletins on your web site with this type of complaint. It is service bulletin num : 04262 date of bulletin: Mar 07, 2005 NHTSA item number: 10014671.

- San Diego, CA, USA