Jan 112015

Escape 4-cyl

Driving about 50mph when the car just stop accelerating. Engine still running but no ability to move. A red wrench starts flashing when this happens.

- Williston, FL, USA

Dec 232014

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 47,762.

- Salcito, CA, USA

Dec 132014

Escape 4-cyl

Making a turn, my car jerked and could not accelerate. We had to cruise to our destination which was close thank god. I called Ford and they told me to bring it in. I told them I was unsure if it was drivable. He then told me he couldn't tell me what it was til I brought it in. Then told me I could take it in today but won't get checked til Monday. He got my name and number. We went to various auto places for opinions and solutions. We thought we figured it out but a few hours later it did it again. My husband went back to pep boys but was told they could not run diagnostics because the light was not on. I was looking online and noticed a compliant was made about this issue and went to the Ford website and saw it under the recall under my VIN. My husband called the dealership and talked to a manger asking why I was never notified. He explained its not really a recall but had an extended warranty if it meets the criteria. We explained that the first man never mentioned anything nor did he bother to look up my information to see if I had the recall. The manager apologized and said for me to take it in Monday and he would handle my situation. I'm appalled that I was not notified. This is very dangerous, especially because I have my 2 year old daughter in the car with me most of the time. God forbid my car would have stalled on the highway and I would have caused an accident because my car lost power all of a sudden. I never got any notification from Ford about the recall nor the warranty. I think this is very inconsiderate as people's lives are at stake. I pray that no accidents, injuries or deaths occurred because of Ford's negligence. My vehicle fits the warranty criteria so I hope I won't be charged for repairs. I hope the manager keeps his word. The only money I have is for christmas. If I have to pay for repairs, I can't buy gifts for my family or my daughter.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Oct 162014

Escape 4-cyl

After beginning acceleration from a stop light, my vehicle began to sputter and stalled out even though it was moving. I had to put it in park, turn the ignition off, and then turn it on in the middle of traffic. The gas tank was 3/4 full and the battery is only a year old.

- Sumter , SC, USA

Jan 022014

Escape

We driving at highway speed when all electric components went out. We could not steer. Fortunately it was a straight road and no nearby traffic. We stopped the car and restarted and it worked. We were petrified! a later incident the wipers would only work on high speed. They returned to normal after restarting the car.

- Milford, DE, USA

Oct 132014

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

I have the 2009 Ford Escape, I noticed about a month ago that the only way I could start the car was to push the key in really hard. At first, it would start after one hard push but gradually it got worse. It got to the point to where I would have to push harder and harder to get it started. Now after returning from the authorized Ford service department to fix a recall electrical issue it seems to be worse, it doesn't start on the first try and then you have to push hard and upwards and it can take 5 or more times to get it to start.. I switched to my spare key, thinking the original might be worn. It did start easier the first few times but now it's back to almost not starting at all, and takes a few tries, again you have to have the key just right or push just exactly for it to start. It has taken up to 15 minutes to get it right sometimes. When the car does start there is a burning electrical smell that is emitted from the vents. I'm worried each time I shut it off that it might not start again, leaving me stranded somewhere. Really? my Ford Escape is only 5 years old, this should not be happening! I have read many other owners having the same issue, this should be a recall as well.

- Kailua Kona, HI, USA

Oct 032014

Escape 4-cyl

September 10 2014, vehicle was serviced at henry curtis Ford in petaluma California for recall 14S05. Prior to this recall, we had no problems with our vehicle. October 3 2014, vehicle stalled at 65 mph driving on highway. My wife was driving up hill on the highway in the far right lane and was able to pull off the highway to the shoulder. Vehicle towed to repair shop, unable to find any error codes. Vehicle towed to henry curtis Ford dealership in petaluma California where the vehicle was purchased new in 2008. A $145 diagnostic was done and only one error code was reported by the dealer. Code B1239 ( air flow blend door driver circuit failure). Vehicle could be driven as there were no check engine lights on at that time. We picked up the vehicle from henry curtis Ford, and drove home. October 10 2014. RPM's shifting up and down while driving on the highway at 65mph. Had vehicle towed to repair shop in san francisco. Serviced and replaced parts for B1239 error. Mechanic test drove vehicle and now another error code displays code P2112. P2112 Ford - throttle actuator control system error. The mechanic is replacing the throttle body and reprogramming the PCM. I called the Ford dealership and was told my VIN is not covered under any recalls for P2112. When I asked about consumer satisfaction program 13N03, I was told my VIN is not included. We had no problems with the vehicle prior to bringing it in for the recall 14S05. Now after that service we are having several problems and I have read that other vehicle owners are also having the same P2112 error. Ford should include our vehicle in this problem and see if the other two incidents we have are related some how. Everyone I spoke to at Ford did not want to help, but continue to charge me more diagnostic charges and repair. Thankfully we have an honest mechanic that is helping us out.

- Rohnert Park, CA, USA

Aug 212014

Escape

First sign of problem occurred in August 2014 when I put keys in ignition it would not allow me to start car. It was locked, or frozen up. I tried to move steering wheel but could barely move it. After about 5 to 7 minutes of trying to turn wheel, it unlocked and I was able to start vehicle. Next problem occurred in early September when turning wheel to back into parking space, it froze up and locked. I slowly turned wheel until it kind of unlocked. The next time the steering wheel froze was in late September. While making a right hand turn, I lost my power steering briefly. I was able to get off the road and parked for a minute or two before starting back on the drive home. It was unnerving to feel like I had no power over the car. As of yesterday, October 4th, the steering wheel vibrates when vehicle is idle. I came home from work, parked it and have not driven it since.

- Fairland, IN, USA

Sep 242014

Escape

Vehicle has had issues with the dashboard gauges locking up while driving, took to Ford dealership and they could not identify cause of issue. If I hit the dash it gauges would start to work again. When gauges were not working, A/C would stop working as well. Most concerning is the last two days my car has stopped accelerating while driving it, I can put the gas all the way to the floor and it still won't accelerate. During that time A/C stops blowing cool air and if I apply my brakes the entire car will start to shake as if it is going to die. I turn off the car and restart it and it runs fine, however it does take a sec longer to turn over when I start it at that point. I am taking it to have it looked at today. I have had multiple repairs to this vehicle pertaining to the sensors.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Aug 132013

Escape

Vct solenoids and cam sensors are faulty. The vehicle stalls randomly, engine lags and exibits poor fuel mpg. The problem occured just out of warranty and upon research; I have discovered this issue is very vast with 2009-2011 Ford Escapes, Mercury mariners, 2010-2011 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan vehicles equipped with the 3.0L engine and built on or before 3-1-2011. My 2009 Ford Escape and many others vehicles should be recalled at no cost out of warranty.

- Byron, GA, USA

Jun 112014

Escape 6-cyl

Driving when suddenly check engine light flashed, battery light, and oil light all blinked after which engine was running but unable to accelerate. Was able to pull off to side of road placed in park again tried to rev engine nothing happened. Turned car off then turned back on and car ran as usual check engine light remains on taking to dealership tomorrow.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Apr 242014

Escape 6-cyl

Ford claims they have a customer satisfaction program (13N03) to address problems with the engine throttle body and that customers who come into dealerships will be able to have the powertrain control module software reprogrammed to protect the throttle body. The problem is- Ford will not honor this program unless the error shows on their diagnosis computer. I had this exact problem happen to me and the error did not show up on the Ford diagnosis computer so Ford will not fix this problem on my vehicle. As I was pulling out of a driveway and started to accelerate, my 2009 Ford Escape just completely lost all acceleration. The wrench light came on the dashboard, indicating an error. I could not get the car to drive above 2 - 3 mph. I took the car into the Ford dealership the next day, but their computer diagnosis machine did not show the problem. I was told that since I had powered off my car after the error occurred, the error was cleared from memory and would not show up on the computer diagnosis machine. If the computer did not show that my vehicle had that error, Ford would not fix the throttle body. Who can drive a car 20 miles to the nearest Ford dealership when the car can only go 2 - 3 mph"??. this is a major safety issue! I am very concerned that this will happen to me again when I am on a busy highway with my family in the car! what if this happens when I am driving on an interstate and I am unable to safely get off the road? since this has already happened to me, I know that my vehicle has this problem and it is only a matter of time before it happens again. How many people will have to be killed before something is done about this major safety issue???"

- Paulding, OH, USA

Nov 282013

Escape 6-cyl

I was on hov lane on lie driving to my parents. As I was coming off to reg lane, my engine stalled. Fortunately, the other car was far away able to stop. I changed gear into park and restarted the car.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Jun 202013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving to work on a residential highway without warning the vehicle engine just shutdown. The lights on the instrument panel came on and my wife was forced to coast to the side of the highway. This issue has occurred 2 times since, once in August and once on March 17th, 2014. The car has had regular servicing and at the time of the first incident the car was towed to the closest dealership for a review which was inconclusive as to the root cause. Check code tested all modules with all passing. No low voltage codes or PCM codes. Battery checked and all confirmed to be ok. As a potential remedy the PCM was flashed to the most current level.

- Ingersoll, MI, USA

Apr 112012

Escape

While driving the vehicle I suddenly lost power and wrench and engine light came on. I was able to turn the car back on after a complete stop. Car was taken immediately to Ford and they said nothing wrong with it and if it happens again bring it in. After multiple times on city streets and interstates which I feared for my life, the car would have no power and the engine would not accelerate when I would step on gas. Had to shut the engine off and restart to make anything work. After that I took it to Ford again and this time they replaced throttle body-air intake which they said there were other vehicles with similar issues. I had to pay out of pocket due to out of warranty but they surely know there is a defect there in the throttle bottle and certainly an endangerment to those driving the vehicle and to those around them.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 212014

Escape

Power steering goes out without any warnings. Can be out if you turn the car on. If you turn the car off and you start it again the power steering may come back on. Most of the time you have to disconnect the battery and reconnect this usually will fix the problem for a day than you have to disconnect the battery again. The power steering has also gone out during driving as well. I feel that this is a huge safety hazard is may cause accidents.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jan 302014

Escape

Accelerating from a traffic stop. Taking a right turn, car rumbled and could not accelerate. Car went from 5mph and drop down to 3mph, the wrench light went on. Stopped at side of road and engine still running. Drove a little more and engine still rumbling and would not accelerate.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 082013

Escape

I was driving up a steep hill on a blind corner in my neighborhood today when the engine suddenly shut off. This is the first time my Escape shut off while I was accelerating. It stalled five other times in the past, each as I came to a stop sign or red light. The incidents are completely random with no warning, so I have no idea if next time will be at a red light or on the highway going 55 mph. When it shuts off I noticed that the dash flashes the battery and oil lights, but the battery is new and the oil is fine. I also noticed that when I'm idling in below freezing weather the engine will shudder, sometimes violently, but eventually stops when I start moving again.

- Fairbanks, AK, USA

Aug 012013

Escape 6-cyl

Started engine and power steering was not working. Looked up in manual and it said it will go into manual steering if power steering get hot. This has happened a few times but then the power steering would work after each occurrence. Now the steering chatters and shakes the steering wheel even when in park and engine off.

- Posen, MI, USA

Nov 272013

Escape 4-cyl

Im driving, then, the vehicle start to stop. And no have power to continue. I shoot off the ignition and put on again and continue my travel.

- Lares, PR, USA