Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford Escape:

May 132019

Escape

On late evening of may13, 2019 I was driving my Ford Escape (odometer is at 1368 miles) on excellent road conditions along side one vehicle with no other traffic. We just passed under traffic signal with estimated speed at 10-15mph. Without warning the left front wheel buckled under the frame. The sound was frightening and so loud that the driver next to me heard the incident and turned around at the next light to come back and check on me. I skidded in my travel lane for approximately 15feet.there was no collision, nor impact with road median nor did I come in contact with any debris / potholes on road. Immediately the engine shut off which is one of the wonderful safety features which helped base my decision on purchasing of my Escape. The damage caused difficulty to open drivers side door, the tire separated from rim in addition to the under carriage damage. I found similar incidents on the Ford recall site. There was no police report filed, yet I have a claim in with my insurance company.$500 deductible unplanned expense.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Nov 282018

Escape

I was driving home 11-28-18 5:40pm pst when my vehicle suddenly swerved hard to the right; I had no control, & it caused me to hit a parked unoccupied car. There was no warning. I had not hit any object nor pothole. Vehicle is 6 months old. Suspension gave way. Parts of suspension were laying on the street. Right front wheel was at a 90 degree angle due to suspension failing. My husband was in the car with me. I was driving 15 mph. I have photos; 2 are attached to this form. I have filed a claim with my insurance company but I am unable to attach that document. No police report.

- Danville, CA, USA