Aug 302008

Explorer

2004 Ford Explorer rear lift gate glass hinge snapped and allowed glass to fall. Issue appear to be similar to action # RQ08003.

- Saint Joseph, MI, USA

Jul 252008

Explorer

As I stopped to get gas I noticed my vehicle had a crack right on the plastic along the right side of the Ford emblem directly under the tail gate glass. I called the dealer and was told it is was a common issue but could not do anything about it unless I pay out off pocket for it or the company recall the part. I have no problem paying to resolve the issue, the problem I have is I take good care of my car alot (I own a show style car) and this seems to be a recurring issue everywhere else with this same type of vehicle and I would like to know what the Ford co is trying to do to address this issue? I go this site from a forums site ( www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2004/body_paint/cracked_panel_below_the_rear_window.shtml ) what can be done to address this issue?

- New Windsor, NY, USA

Jul 182008

Explorer

I noticed a paint bubble on the hood of my 2004 Ford Explorer. Is this a paint defect that is causing my vehicle to rust? I would like to know if Ford is doing anything to fix this problem since it seems that many other owners are having the same problem.

- Mays Landing , NJ, USA

May 012008

Explorer

Just noticed after 32,000 miles and about 3 and one-half years of ownership that paint on front edge of hood of 2004 Ford Explorer is blistered in several places and beginning to chip.

- Sun City Center, FL, USA

Dec 102007

Explorer 6-cyl

My gas gauge on my 2004 Ford Explorer has failed me many times. I took it to my dealership & they told me to add some fuel additive to my gas tank & this would cure the problem. Well it has not & my warranty is out!!! I'm very concerned for my wife's safety if she runs out of gas, so we have to keep a written log as to the mileage before fill-up's. I'm told the sensor is bad & would cost close to $1,000 to repair. I have complained to Ford & they refuse to repair since the warranty is out. I have also complained to Ford about a back hatch panel that has cracked for no apparent reason directly under the exterior Ford emblem & they will not repair this since it is out of warranty. These are both for sure manufacturer defects, that Ford should be made to repair at their cost.

- Hixson, TN, USA

Feb 152007

Explorer 4WD 8-cyl

Rear panel below rear window cracked.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA