Most common solutions:

1. new studs (1 reports)
Be notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Explorer:

We never share your personal information with other companies, & there is an unsubscribe link in every alert we send you!

2010Nov 19

Explorer XLT

Almost a year ago, while driving, I took a left turn and felt a weird bumping from my right rear tire. Long story short, I had the car towed to a repair shop. All but 2 of the lug nuts out of the 20? on the 4 tires combined had sheared off! Thank God I was going slowly and pulling into my driveway ( I had just driven 750 miles in one day mostly highway at high speeds). I had everything repaired/replaced at a cost of almost $600.00. The same thing happened again this morning on my way to work!. How can this not be a recall issue? I wonder how many people have had accidents and been injured or killed because of this but it was not reported. I can't afford to keep fixing this problem, not to mention continuing to risk my life. I have no choice but to get it fixed again but it is definitely to find a new vehicle made by a company other than Ford.

tinact

Wallingford, CT, USA

SEND A COMMENT »
Add A Complaint

2009Jul 05

Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L V6

Lug nuts on front left wheel came loose while driving home on vacation.Thought it was the wheel bearing but to my surprise it was the lug nuts.I got them all back tight but one stud broke.I have owned many Fords but this one seems to have a curse on it.The harmonic balancer was replaced a week prior to this problem.

grizzle