Sep 282018

F-150

This a.M. as I entered my driveway, a neighbor stopped me to talk. I stopped and rolled down my window. He went on and on. Suddenly, my truck accelerated at full throttle toward my garage 70 feet away. My foot was on the brake to no avail. I turned slightly to the right and hit the corner of the garage. The air bags deployed. My glasses went flying. I was not hurt. A tree had soften the impact. I was severely shaken. My blood pressure was elevated. Ford Motor Company is not helpful. My insurance company, geico, is handling the issue.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 232018

F-150

TL the contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. After starting the vehicle and engaging the gear shifter from park to drive, the driver's side air bag spontaneously deployed without warning or impact. The contact sustained injuries to the head and face, which did not require medical attention. The front and rear seat passengers were not injured. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer (friendly Ford, 660 N Decatur blvd, las vegas, nv 89107, (866) 409-2494). The dealer stated that they would not repair the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and referred the contact to NHTSA. The failure mileage was 101,299.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 212018

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. While driving 45 mph in inclement weather, the contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a light pole. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The contact was able to drive the vehicle back home. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000. The VIN was not available.

- Jamestown, TN, USA

Sep 232017

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. When the vehicle was started, the air bag warning indicator illuminated and remained lit. The failure recurred. The dealer (crest Ford flat rock in flat rock, mi, 734-782-2400) stated that there was no recall. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure was not repaired. The failure mileage was 159,000.

- Monroe, MI, USA

May 022017

F-150

Takata recall I was in a accident last week. None of my airbags deployed it was a front end accident which resulted in the windshield and nearly all galss being broken as well as the other vehicles airbags deploying. Not a single airbag in my vehicle deployed. I was doing approxiamately 43 mph and the other vehicle pulled out in front of me causing me to T-bone the other vehicle. None of my airbags deployed.

- Road, GA, USA

Oct 292016

Takata recall.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Nov 302016

F-150

Takata recall when I got into my vehicle getting ready to take off the airbags deployed right in my face I hurried an checked myself and my daughter was not hit they just exploded in my face. I got out the car an immediately called my insurance company because I thought my car has been hit and it was a delay in the airbags I was assured that no one had hot me and it was a factory malfunction recall and Ford would have to take care of it. Through a long process Ford is denying any help with my vehicle ive never received any recall notice for my vehicle ive only had it less than a year had I bee aware I would have taking it in wright away now ive been out of a car and no help from Ford.

- Merced, CA, USA

Feb 012016

F-150

Vehicle has passenger side airbag. Dash has indicator light stating "passenger airbag off". light comes on when passenger is in seat advising airbag is off. Without seated passenger, light is out denoting airbag is on. It appears it is working the opposite of design. This happens while vehicle in motion or stationary. Unit has always operated this way. Ford/dealer would not repair under warranty or recall.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Oct 222015

F-150

The contact owned a 2004 Ford F-150. After the gear shift was switched into the drive position with the brake pedal engaged, the vehicle accelerated independently. As a result, the contact crashed into a ditch and the vehicle rolled over multiple times. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a broken hand and arm, a severed finger, and bruising on the body that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Pineville, KY, USA

Aug 282015

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. While reversing, the vehicle accelerated independently. The contact shifted into drive and the vehicle continued to accelerate. The vehicle crashed into a pole and a fence. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a bruised arm that did not require medical attention. In addition, the front and the rear passenger sustained neck, head, back and knees injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 170,000.

- Richmont, KY, USA

Apr 092015

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V107000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 148,000.

- Piney View, WV, USA

Nov 152014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the driver and passenger air bags needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 112,000. Updated 5/19/15 updated 7/1/2015

- Euclid, OH, USA

Mar 172012

F-150 6-cyl

Contacted Ford regarding a recall of Ford 150S including my model year that included a risk of airbag deployment. The airbag and horn on my F150 have stopped working, just as in the recall. However, Ford says that my vehicle is not included, despite an identical problem. It is my understanding that NHTSA requested a larger recall than Ford issued, one that would likely have included my vehicle. This is why I'm entering the information here. Contacted local Ford dealer and Ford corporate, told by both that I couldn't receive recall fix. I am afraid that the airbag will deploy when I start the vehicle, or wont deploy when I need it in an accident.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Mar 032014

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the driver side air bag unexpectedly deployed while starting the engine. The contact suffered injuries to the left arm during the incident. The vehicle was diagnosed by the dealer who determined that the defect was due to a faulty air bag wire harness. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident but no assistance was offered. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Mar 032014

F-150

I was getting into my truck and when I was about to start my truck and leave my airbag deployed in my face my arm also hit my face an D I bruised up right away and swollen, I called a tow truck my insurance had my truck towed to the Ford dealership, they told me they will not be able to take care of damages unless I pay them out of my pocket they did tell me there was a recall on my truck for the air bag deploying on there own, next day Ford Motor Company told me they could not help me as well because they claim they sent me a recall letter, I never did. I think they should cover their repair there is a active recall!!!

- Hanford , CA, USA

May 162013

F-150 8-cyl

My truck had been parked in my driveway overnight. This morning when I cranked up the truck, the passenger airbag deployed with no warning. There was no crash or previous incident such as hitting something weeks and months before this. Some recalls for the driver side suggest that a dash light will indicate a problem with the airbag, however, this was not the case for my truck. The airbag shattered the windshield sending small pieces of glass flying on the inside and exterior of the truck. Besides the shock, hours later my hearing is still not the same on my right side.

- N Charleston, SC, USA

Jan 182012

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The vehicle was included in the recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V107000 (air bags:frontal:driver side inflator module). After the recall repairs were performed, the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrumental panel. The contact heard a ticking noise coming from the engine while the vehicle was parked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics where the technicians advised that the engine would have to be replaced because it was beginning to fracture. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Midvale, UT, USA

Jan 082012

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. While parked, the contact noticed the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing or repairs. The approximate failure mileage was 123,076.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 132011

F-150 8-cyl

Impact was in the front center of the pickup with the damage 24 inches into the engine area, the driver did have his seat belt on but he still hit the rear view mirror with his head and broke his left wrist and incurred many other injuries as a result. His injuries would have been lessened if the airbag and the seatbelt had worked the way there supposed to.

- Havertown , PA, USA

Jul 182011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the air bag warning light started to illuminate due to the air bag sensor under the hood being corroded. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that the air bag senor needed to be replaced at the contacts expense. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Monroe, MI, USA