Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

Jan 302018

F-150

The passenger side rear door will fail to latch properly or will pop open while driving. This has happened 3 times since I purchased the truck in January 2018.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Oct 012016

F-150

The sun roof track rattles it has been in 3 times and is starting to rattle again

- Hastings, MN, USA

Jul 182018

F-150

Doors freeze repeatedly in cold weather and will either not open or will not latch. The tsb was completed prior to the recall and did not correct the problem. Vehicle was in for service on 7/18/2018 and was told that the tsb was performed previously and no additional action would be taken. I have video that I wanted the service advisor and was told not to bother. The video shows evidence of doors failing to latch on 4/20/2018 with temperature of 32 degrees. Service advisor refused to look at the video.

- Akron, OH, USA

Apr 102018

F-150

2 days after my vehicle was repaired under safety recall 17S33 for the door latches freezing, they again froze and the door would not open. Upon finally getting it to open from the inside of the vehicle, the door would then not close. I have been informed by the dealership and also the technical assistance line that there is no repair for this condition and that I have to continue dealing with the issue until they find a fix. This is unacceptable and unsafe!

- West Falls, NY, USA

Dec 172017

F-150

Door locks freeze and won't catch. Usually follows a period of snow, rain or a car wash and then freezing temperatures. All four doors on my F150 have experienced this and one time the door came unlatched while I was driving.

- Wiscasset, ME, USA

Dec 132016

F-150

The doors (all 4) freeze in temp below 30 degrees. Ford replaced the hardware 4 times and they still freeze. After you open the doors they will not close until they thaw. While driving on 2 occasions the doors flew open while moving. Now use duct tape to hold doors closed

- Washington, PA, USA

Nov 172017

F-150

The rear tailgate opened up twice, once while driving down the highway and the second time pulling into a parking lot. This was during the winter time. I sprayed some WD40 on the rear latches thinking that would help but did not. I realized the left side latch was not engaging all the way. I could pull on the top left side tailgate and it was loose. So I would have to slam the tailgate until it engaged. I took my truck into the dealer to look at, along with two other recall issues. On my invoice they stated they 'adjusted tail gate strikers and retest operation', in time I'll see if this worked or not. Wondering if anyone else was having this same issue?

- Wolverine Lake, MI, USA

Apr 042018

F-150

2016 Ford F150 with 23,400 miles & 23 months in service. The back glass (rear window) shattered while driving home from work. The ambient temperature was approximately 35 degrees F and I had used the remote start feature which turns on the rear window defroster. I started driving and had just pulled out of the parking lot when I heard the sound of the glass cracking. I pulled over and took pictures. I called my dealership and took vehicle in for inspection. They took photos and submitted to Ford Motor Company for warranty consideration. It was rejected. It appears that the either the rear window or the rear defroster is defective. I have seen similar complaints online and believe that this issue needs to be resolved. This should not be happening and if it does, it needs to be covered by warranty. Thank you.

- Westland, MI, USA

Mar 072018

F-150

There was a recall on door they fixed it but it did not work door still shacks and has come open while driving 2 times

- Dorchester, MA, USA

Jan 012018

F-150

Door latches being stuck open or close during cold climate (32 degrees or below) when door latch is frozen, outside handle cannot open the door. Once opened, door cannot be closed and latched due to frozen mechanism. Ford of North America sent out a recall advisory with not effective remedy or fix. No new or updated parts.

- Grayson, GA, USA

Feb 222018

F-150

The right passenger door will not shut, also the left passenger door will not open. I have contacted the dealer from where I purchased the vehicle and was told there is a back order on parts with no known time frame when they will receive the parts. Recall number is 17S33/ NHTSA recall 17V-652. The vehicle is not safe to operate due to this condition.

- Everett, WA, USA

Feb 132018

F-150

Scheduled appointment with local dealer in response to recall notice 17S33 regarding doors that may not open or close while driving (NHTSA recal # 17V652. Upon arrival at dealer, was advised that they ran out of parts and that I would be called when parts became available. As of today, I have not received any calls. Need to know if Ford has truly run out of parts for recall, and whether vehicle can/should be driven in this condition.

- Okatie, SC, USA

Jan 302018

F-150

Ford F-150 door latch recall - 17S33 / NHTSA campaign number: 17V652 experienced problems of doors not latching during cold weather. (both front and back doors were affected). Received recall notice in October 2017, in January 2018 my local dealer had the updated parts from Ford and performed the recall repair. The repair did not fix anything. Still experience doors not latching during cold weather. Generally vehicle is stationary in the driveway as I attempt and get it to latch. Often making me late. However, once while in motion the drivers door flew open while driving to work after I believed it to be closed and latched. This is incredibly dangerous. Small children ride in this vehicle. Ford has not offered any repair options to date.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Feb 132018

F-150

Door latch won't close in the cold, stuck open.

- Everett, WA, USA

Feb 082018

F-150

When temperatures are at freezing, door will not close. Windshield wiper fluid also freezes even though rated for -40 degrees. Repair was made by Ford to door latch but problem continues. Typically, car has been parked in cold weather. See job #2 on attached documentation for latest repair attempt. Many complaints from customers on forums. This is a major safety issue!!!!

- Franklin, TN, USA

Jan 182018

F-150

One cold morning the drivers door would not shut and latch. I was forced to drive 30 miles to work on the highway with the door flopping open every time I slowed down. This is a major safety hazard especially if children are involved. I can't believe an auto manufacture can sell a vehicle where the doors will not stay closed. Next time it happens I will take a video of the door not closing.

- Westminster, CO, USA

Jan 222018

F-150

Door does not latch and opens while driving. Recall 17S33. Dealer keeps getting incorrect replacement parts from Ford -- the same parts that were defective. Repeated calls to Ford customer service get a case number cas 14003124 and comment that they will refer it to the dealer (who is frustrated and states that the problem should be taken up with Ford customer service. The dealer also claims that they are having the same problem with numerous other cars having the same issue.

- Damascus, PA, USA

Jan 242018

F-150

Second complaint regarding freezing door latches causing doors to not latch shut and open while vehicle is in motion. Truck has been serviced 3 separate times, with latches, rods, & rain shields installed/replaced under tsb (not eligible for recall since tsb has been attempted). Contacted manufacturer's customer service line and representative apologized and stated they have received many similar complaints and she directed me to the manufacturer's vehicle buyback department. The vehicle buyback department representative again confirmed they have received numerous, similar complaints and they would review my warranty history to determine if a buyback was appropriate. After 1 week, the buyback department contacted me and stated they are not able to buy back the vehicle despite the safety concern identified. The representative directed me to the better business bureau's auto hotline listed in the owner's manual to consider arbitration proceedings. This safety concern (doors opening while operating and doors freezing shut) has been acknowledged by 1) the dealer, 2) the customer service representative, and 3) the buyback department representative, yet no solution has been achieved despite multiple repair attempts.

- Grand Forks, ND, USA

Jan 132018

F-150

Door latches were freezing and rendering my vehicle unsafe as the door would open, but then not shut. Ford has issued a recall and I took my vehicle to kenny ross Ford in adamsburg, pa to have the recall work performed. On 1/2/2018, kenny ross Ford indicated that they performed the recall fix. However, on 1/13/2018, my door once again froze in the open position and would not shut. This was after my vehicle had the Ford recall parts installed. I'm concerned that Ford isn't taking this safety hazard seriously. I'm interested to hear what my best course of action is to hold Ford accountable for this unsafe condition. Below is the work detail from the recall work that was performed on 1/2/2018: Cause: Recall 17S33 1 fl3Z*1521978 shield-door lock 1 XL grease- chassis lubrication 1 fl3Z*1521853 rod 1 fl3Z*1521852 rod 1 fl3Z*1626494 shield-door lock 1 fl3Z*1626461 rod 1 fl3Z*1626460 rod claim type 17S33 auth code 81016 note: 28235 installed door latch shields and new lock rods as per recall

- Blairsville, PA, USA

Dec 252017

F-150

Door locks freeze open and will not latch. The vehicle has be driven with the doors unlatched. Ford's tsb and now recall (for the driver door only) has been performed on all four doors last year. The vehicle has been to the dealer twice for it this year and several times last year. This is the second complaint.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA