Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

Dec 212017

F-150

While putting my son in the back passenger's side of my truck, when I went to close the passsenger's side rear door it would not latch. I attempted multiple times to close the door and it would not latch. I had to use the front door to keep it closed so I could bring him to school. This issue was already repaired once last winter and it is still occurring. This happens every time it gets cold outside.

- West Falls, NY, USA

Jan 312017

F-150

Tailgate cables do not evenly support the tailgate. Tailgate over time will become"racked out of square" resulting in difficulties opening the tailgate. This has occurred in my previous F-150

- Flourtown, PA, USA

Dec 162017

F-150

When I left for work today, I went to shut my driver's side front door and it would not latch. I had to slam the door 4 or 5 times in order to get it to finally latch. The outside temperature was below 20deg F. this occurred last winter and Ford repaired the condition at that time. I also received a recall notice for this condition, but replacement parts are not available yet. Last time this occurred the door opened while I was driving which is not safe.

- West Falls, NY, USA

Nov 012017

F-150

Ford issued a recall for freezing door latches, and is unable to fix my truck due to "no parts available". door latches freeze in inclement weather causing doors to not securely shut. Ford response to me when I contacted customer support was I was notified of the recall, no it is up to me to avoid causing any damage since I now know about the issue. I feel this answer is completely wrong. Ford should have parts readily available to fix the issue that may injure someone.

- Glenmont, NY, USA

Oct 182016

F-150

TL- contact own a 2016 Ford F-150 truck. Contact stated door on passenger side wouldn't shut. Contact stated first time it happened had to hold door while driving, second time had to use a heater for about a hour to shut door. The problem has been going on for about a year. Contact contacted dealership thornhill Ford Lincoln (located at 500 Ford fairlane US119 chapmanville, wv 25508) (304)855-8333. Contact was told parts were going to be order it has been over a year and parts are still not available. Contact stated not able to drive vehicle.

- Chapmanville, WV, USA

Nov 222016

F-150

When stationary, the truck back passenger side door does not always close. The driver side front door does not stay open when on a minor grade and stationary. The dealer took the vehicle to a body shop to align the doors, as they were off alignment about 1/8-1/4". when I compalined that the driver side door was still misaligned I was told that "these are mass produced and this just happens". I recently received a recall notice about the doors coming open while driving, not shutting completely, etc. I called Ford Motor Co and told them I'd already had the door issues addressed once. I was told that I could make another appointment when the correct parts were delivered to my dealer. I asked if a rental car would be authorized. The answer was no. I asked if I should drive the vehicle and was told that was my call. So, no parts, no fix, potentially dangerous situation, and no recourse with Ford. Any advice?

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Feb 222017

F-150

Ford has a major recall on 2016 - 2017 F150S faulty door latches that come open while driving and wont open. I had a incident back in winter where my nephew almost fell out. Contacted service department was told Ford has no fix or parts at this time. Then major recall came on tv called service department was told same thing no fix. Sent certified letter too Ford corporation as instructions for Ohio lemon laws as my truck was less than a year old with less than 18000 miles and falls under Ohio lemon law. Was contacted today 11/1/17 by Ford corporation and was told too contact local Ford service department I once again explained they have no fix & no parts was told basically sorry about your luck.this vehicle is unsafe especially with winter approaching.if door latches come open someone could fall out resulting in death.even Ford corporation admits this is unsafe and also said there is no fix._. this is my only means of transportation my wife & I feel unsafe someone please help.

- Olmsted Falls, OH, USA

Jan 092017

F-150

In colder weather under 30 degrees, the doors freeze shut. Once they are opened, they will not latch when shut. Overall, the doors are not easy to close and latch tightly unless they are closed with a lot of force. There needs to be some remedy to this as it is not acceptable.

- Clarion, PA, USA

Dec 202016

F-150

Doors and tailgate fail to lock and unlock in cold weather. Making it impossible to get in or out of truck in an emergency.

- Jerome, MI, USA

Apr 022017

F-150

Purchased my 2016 Ford F150, brand new. During cold temperatures the door locks do not unlock and if you are able to get unlocked the doors do not lock nor latch. If in the event I was in traveling in cold temperatures, I would be locked in my vehicle cause a safety concern for my two infants and wife and I. spoke to Ford manufacturer and Ford service dept, they are aware of the issue and there is a back order of parts, since January of 2017, when I started have issues with my vehicle. I am seeking legal advice in getting vehicle bought back from Ford company, minus depreciation.

- Olympia, WA, USA

Mar 302017

F-150

2016 F150 crew cab lariat, drivers side door latch failed to unlatch with fob or with number pad from the outside. Was only able to unlock door from the inside. This is not the first time this has happened. It is intermittent and depends on the temperature and seems to happen if moisture is present. Approximately 4800 miles on F150. This latch problem appears to be quite common with other new F150's. Ford needs to issue a recall to correct this problem.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Jan 132017

F-150

In temperatures below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, the door latches (front & rear) will freeze in the unlatched position when the door is opened making it impossible to latch the door closed until thawed out. I've had to drive holding the door closed by hand on 7 different occasions until the door would latch. My vehicle is always parked outside in my driveway as my garage is too small for it. The dealer told me that the door latches were on backorder from Ford through April. There is no recall issued as of yet.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Mar 152017

F-150

Ongoing issue with door latches not operating when temperatures are below freezing. The door will not latch unless the door is locked. It seems it then is unable to be unlocked remotely or by power locks. Only way is to manually open the door from inside the cab. I have a safety concern ofn this issue as the door not latching may open while in motion.

- Long Neck, DE, USA

Feb 122017

F-150

Doors wont latch when temperature is under 20 degrees.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Nov 012016

F-150

At 25 degrees F or colder the power door locks do not work. On two occasions the passenger doors have not latched shut after dozens of attempts to close the door.

- Juneau, AK, USA

Jan 092017

F-150

Vehicle doors will not latch in freezing weather.

- Manchester, MO, USA

Feb 052016

F-150

I have a Ford F150 with only 6K miles. Great truck! however, the front door has been freezing up in 20-30 degree weather. This becomes an extremely unsafe vehicle when this happens. The reason is because the door will not stay shut unless I try to hold it shut, which is very difficulty due to it being a very heavy door. I am shocked that this has not been recalled. There are forums online that speak to this issue. Please, please, please investigate. If my wife was in the truck when this happened she would not have the ability to hold the door shut. I am very concerned about this issue.

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Feb 032017

F-150

17 F degrees and my door latch would not hold / keep the drivers side door closed.after multiple attempts to close the door I held it shut and drove it to work.after the vehicle warmed up the latch started to work or appeared to. The door locks and latches have issues when the outside temperature drops below freezing. Getting in the truck is questionable but the drivers door not latching will eventually have someone fall out of the vehicle or cause an accident trying to drive with one hand while holding the door closed with the other. This sounds like a common issue from multiple complaints on internet forums and Ford is slow or not really responding quickly to the problem. This is not a issue in warm weather states but in Ohio its a real issue.

- Amherst, OH, USA

Feb 012017

F-150

Supercrew rear door locks fail to electronically unlock (or lock) in freezing tempertures. Getting into the vehichle requires climbing into the back seat from the front and manually cycling the door lock. However this does not fix the problem; the electronic fob and interior butttons still fail to actuate the locking mechnaism until warmer temperatres return. In addition to dailey inconvenience this senario raises more serious concerns such as: Lack of access to passengers in the event of an accident, inability to secure (lock) the vehicle confiedently, potential to be locked out of the vehicle in extreme cold and other unforeseen saftey concerns.

- Durango, CO, USA

Dec 162016

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Two occasions (overnight temperatures less than 32F with light rain and freezing fog) - both rear doors (crew cab) were frozen shut and failed to open first thing in the morning. On one occasion, both rear doors operated normally after the engine warmed up and interior temperature rose to 72F. On the second occasion, the driver's side rear door became ajar (not latched at all) about 10 minutes after leaving home and while driving down the road. The door swung open when turning right on a curve in the road. Two occasions (overnight temperatures less than 32F with light rain or freezing fog): While entering a military installation, the driver's door power window would not open (frozen shut). I opened the driver's door to show my id to the gate guard and the door failed to latch shut. It occurred about 10 minutes after leaving home with the interior warm (72F). I used a bungee cord stretched between the driver and passenger door handles to hold the door shut while driving several more miles to work. I was able to shut the driver's door after arriving at work and cycling the power door locks and handle several times. Three of the four instances are safety issues since the doors either unlatched or failed to latch shut while driving. All doors operate normally when temperatures are above 32F. It is uncommon for temperatures to drop below 32F in my area so the problem cannot be easily reproduced.

- Silverdale, WA, USA