Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford F-250:

Oct 102018

F-250 STX 6.7L

At 21,000 miles starting experiencing slight wobble in the front end just on certain bumps. by 23,000 miles the shaking was so violent and would continue till you could slow down. This is a very dangerous thing to have happen on I35 headed south through Texas. The road is under construction and has concrete walls that are just wide enough for 2 vehicles so you have nowhere to go. Only thing to do is hold on for the ride till you can find a spot to pull over.

I had my truck at the dealership 3 times for this issue. Each time they would replace a couple of bushings and give me the truck back. Each time the bushings would last around 8,000 miles then issue would start again. I eventually gave up on the dealership I purchased a Rancho Dual Stabilizer system and installed it. It worked great for a couple days but then started bottoming out and hitting the drag link. After more research I found you needed a lift kit in order to get a high enough angle on the stabilizer to keep that from happening. I have now went and installed Rancho Single Stabilizer and heavy duty Rancho shocks which has helped but still having small wobbling at times but nothing violent anymore.

- Robert K., Lincoln, US

Feb 102019

F-250 XL 6.7L

Thought the front axle was coming off, nearly hit a guardrail, just after going over a bridge expansion joint. Goes to Ford day after tomorrow. We will see.

- skuckelman, Santa Fe, US

Dec 222018

F-250 Lariat 6.2L

So I didn't know that Ford had this problem of death wobble. I was with my husband when it happened and I thought it was the road. Then my husband told me what it was and now I am freaked out about this truck. I have spoken to other people about this as well. I feel that Ford needs to get there sh*t together and get this fixed so that this issue will no longer happen. Of course I am not a fan of Ford and their customer services after the last issue that we had, but I think when you buy a vehicle and you spend a lot of money for them Ford needs to stand behind what the make.

- Lindsey V., Douglas, US

Oct 232018

F-250 XLT 6.7L

On the way to work, 7:30 am, accelerated from 55 to 65 mph when the Death Wobble Started. I thought one of the front tire lug nuts were loose or tire falling off, pulled to side of road to check tires. Lug nuts tight no visible suspension issues. Drove straight to dealer. Dropped off and service department immediately told me about the "Death Wobble". (I never heard of it before) Gave me a car to use. Called me back at 2:30pm, said recall on steering shock so they're ordering part. I really hope this fixes the problem. I would hate to be pulling load of cattle or family with travel trailer and this happens again. Very very dangerous.

I love the truck but this is a real problem.

- John S., Sutherland Springs, TX, US