9.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

May 012006

Focus

Firestone firehawk gta P205/50R16, front left tire has bubble on sidewall. This is the second tire with this problem. I replaced the first one.

- Cresskill, NJ, USA

Jan 012003

Focus 4-cyl

2002 Ford Focus - Firestone tire failures. Bubbles in tires, eventually blow (2) or need to be replaced. Have purchased 5 tires. No problems. Also rims are dented. No pot holes encountered to cause this. No accidents to cause this. First bubble in rear driver's side tire at 6,000 miles. Replaced tire with another Firestone. Tire blew at 18,000 miles. Replaced tire again with non firestones (2). Bubble in two remaining firestones occurred. Replaced again with non-firestones. No problem. Ford denies problem. Firestone denies problem. I have a problem with both. Am purchasing 2006 Monte Carlo in September, ba bye.

- Taylor, MI, USA

Jul 052002

Focus 4-cyl

The Firestone firehawk gta-02 original tires that came with my 2002 Ford Focus ZX3 appear to have a flaw. Shortly after purchasing my Focus, I noticed a "bubble" on the right front tire's sidewall. The other three tires have been fine over the past ensuing 21 months so I have to be believe that this one tire was flawed coming out of the factory. My Ford dealer will not replace it without charging a full price since there is no known recall on this particular tire. Yet, I see now through the NHTSA that there are several "sidewall bubble" complaints against this tire model. Please add my complaint to the list, since I have driven a lot of cars over the years, and never saw a "bubble" pop up like this....seemingly out of nowhere! tom.

- Park Ridge, IL, USA

Jun 012003

Focus 4-cyl

Tire sidewall too soft to protect wheel rim at recommended mfg. Pressure. Rim bent just driving over common drive way curbs. Had to replace alloy wheel.

- Berea , OH, USA

May 272003

Focus 4-cyl

On 5/27/03 during reg oil/filter/tire rotation at Firestone,5417 mccardle, corpus christi, tx I was told one tire had a compression bubble"impact break on sidewall".I replaced it.on 5/29/03 another tire self destructed with no apparent reason.I replaced it (50% discounttires were firehawk gta-02(I do not have tires and do not see a dot# on the remaining two.I called Firestone warranty, spoke to chuck and requested 2 new tires at no cost as I do not believe in coincedences and the safety issue. I said I paid for two and Firestone should pay for two.he said he would call Firestone cc. I called today 6/6/03.he said he never called and had no memory of promising to make such a call. He ended by saying that Firestone would not give me two tires he apparently does not have a screen for incoming as I had to retell my tale.his initial response was when Firestone had complaints on the 99-2000 hawkeye, they voluntalily recalled and replaced- yea sure; voluntary vs. Administrative action. Please investigate and respond thank you arthur berman.

- Port Aransas, TX, USA