Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

Dec 042017

Fusion

Takata recall - we have been waiting months for the dealership to get the parts in to repair this airbag safety recall. What am I to do if something happens to one of my family members in the meantime. When will the dealership stop telling me that they are still waiting on parts. This is ridiculous.

- Brunswick, MD, USA

Feb 072017

Takata recall

- Denver, CO, USA

Nov 102008

Fusion

Takata recall. Replacement airbags not available.

- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA

Nov 082017

Fusion

Takata inflators. I received a card in the mail that said my car was under a recall alert. I called several repair shops in my area as instructed on the takata recall page online and was told the replacement airbags weren't available anywhere. I was also told the repair shops have been waiting a very long time for the replacement parts.

- Ada, MI, USA

Jan 102017

Fusion 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called koch 33 Ford at (610) 810-1187 (3810 hecktown rd, easton, pa 18045) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect... consumer stated replacement unavailable updated 8/14/18

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

Takata recall this recall has been known since June 2016, and there is still no resolution for my vehicle. I've been told replacement parts are still not available.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called rapids Ford Lincoln llc at (715) 422-0000 (4330 8th St S #100, Wisconsin rapids, wi 54494) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect.

- Arkdale, WI, USA

Fusion

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was contacted (kern Ford, 500 w logan St, celina, oh 45822) and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- St Henry, OH, USA

Nov 062017

Fusion

Takata inflators: I verified my vehicle as one with a takata airbag recall. I called my local Ford dealer and was told to registrar with the www.airbagrecall.com, to get the replacement parts. The dealer said they were out of parts. I went to the web site and there is nothing to register. I called the number 888.327.4236 and also got no response. I called the dealer back. They checked the same web site and saw that I was correct and unable to order parts for my vehicle. I was told I would just have to wait until more parts were available. Now, clearly, I'm getting the run around. The dealership is whites Ford in urbana, Ohio. 937.653.5279. 1246 N.main St., please explain to me how am I to get my vehicle repaired before I'm involved in an accident?

- New Carlisle, OH, USA

Jul 012016

Fusion

I received a recall notice about the takata passenger airbag in my Ford vehicle more than 1 year ago. I have contacted the local Ford dealer repeatedly and have checked the Ford web site online, and they both say that parts are not available to repair my vehicle. After entering my vehicle information at https://www.airbagrecall.com, I was also advised that the recall is incomplete and "remedy not yet available". I was also advised, "if the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner, please contact the NHTSA vehicle safety hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or tty: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA." Therefore I am filing this online complaint. At this time, I would just like to have my vehicle's passenger airbag replaced in a timely manner. The date I am giving below is the date of the original recall notice. (July 1, 2016)

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Fusion

Takata recall, have yet to receive information from the dealership about the parts needed to replace the airbag from a recall almost a year ago. I have contacted dealership multiple times and told someone will call me but never received a call.

- Folsom, PA, USA

Nov 202017

Fusion

Takata recall. I got recall notice from Ford that my passenger side air bag is affected by takata recall, and they will contact me when air bag is ready. I got this notice in 2016. Now it is end of 2017, already one year. I have not got any notice about when this can be handled. I called Ford dealership close to me, they told me they have too many cars to fix, and told me Ford will contact me in future. As a result, I could not use this car to Transport family due to safety concerns. Therefore I suffer monetary loss because I paid for this vehicle but could not use it as I need.

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

Jan 102017

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The contact received the recall notification in March of 2017. The contact called waldorf Ford (2440 crain hwy, waldorf, md 20601, 301 843-2400) who stated that the parts were unavailable for the repair. The manufacturer was also contacted and confirmed that the parts were unavailable for the repair, and stated that they were working with NHTSA to have the parts available. There was no date as to when parts would become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Nov 212017

Fusion

Ford still does not have a remedy for this situation. This is taking too long!

- Indian Trail, NC, USA

Jul 012016

Fusion

Takata recall- received notification from Ford July 2016. Still no fix available for passenger side air bag.

- Helotes, TX, USA

Nov 202017

Fusion 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The contact received the recall notification in July of 2016. The dealer (shawnee mission Ford, 11501 shawnee mission pkwy, shawnee, ks 66203, (913) 631-0000) stated that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 8/13/18

- Tonganoxie, KS, USA

Oct 012017

Fusion

Safety recall. Called dealership, was told no dealership has the ability to fix this problem as the company who makes the airbags is out of business.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Nov 172017

Fusion

Takata recall : I received a recall notice 2+ years ago on my and the dealer is still saying they don't have parts.

- Lehi, CA, USA

Fusion

Regarding recall NHTSA recall 17V-024. Have contacted Ford motor numerous times with the same response; no parts available at this time. This response is unsatisfactory. I feel they are not looking for replacement passenger air bags due to the year of this vehicle. Someone needs to light a fire under them to get them to take responsibility and resolve this issue.

- Mexico, MO, USA