Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

Jun 012016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however the remedy and part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule a recall repair appointment with earnhardt Ford (7300 w orchid ln., chandler, AZ 85226 (480) 893-0000) or chapman Ford scottsdale (3950 89th St., scottsdale, AZ 8251, (480) 420- 1460), which was unacceptable to the contact. The loaner vehicle option was also not a convenience as the contact needed to know when the manufacturer may provide the remedy and part to the dealer but had no eta. The manufacturer was notified to address parts availability and the loaner vehicle process. The contact had not experienced a failure yet. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jan 102017

Fusion

Takata recall; in 3rd quarter 2018 Ford claimed repair parts would become available for the faulty air bag system or our vehicle. There have not been any further notices from Ford regarding remedies for this issue.

- College Place, WA, USA

Jan 012018

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The downs Ford, Inc. (360 NJ-37, toms river, NJ 08753 (732) 349-2240) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer were not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Jan 112018

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the remedy and part was not available within a reasonable time frame so the contact was uncertain as to when the vehicle may be repaired concerning NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags). Three dealers had been contacted: 1. lasco Ford (2525 owen rd, fenton, mi 48430, 1-(888) 486-1708) 2. randy wise Lincoln (4350 lennon rd, flint, mi 48507, 1-810-230-2500) who had assisted with a loaner vehicle and then removed the option from being available due to the contact traveling out of state so there was no alternate option while waiting for the part and 3. szott Ford (8800 E. holly road holly, mi 48442, 248-634-4411). The manufacturer was contacted to address parts availability and the guidelines for the loaner vehicle option per the recall notification letter. The contact had not experienced a failure yet. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Oct 302018

Fusion

Takata recall. I have yet to have a remedy for my airbag recall which was initiated in January 2017. This seems to be an inordinately long waiting period of having to drive this car with the potential of severe injury occurring.

- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA

Sep 072018

Fusion

Takata recall we called to get it fixed an they say its gonna take a long time to get parts to fix

- Thibodaux, LA, USA

Fusion

Takata recall- airbag-update on complaint # 11062997, filed 1/16/18- airbag replacement is still not available, local Ford company can not order-I do travel to humid area (al.), I have been authorize to rent a vehicle, but my private car insurance will not cover, mechanical break down, diminish value, and lay up time, hence I will be out a daily amount of money. There appears no end in site, and I do not have the extra money for added insurance for a lengthy period I have not experience a failure-but feel unsafe using my car with anyone in the passenger seat..

- Kennewick, WA, USA

May 012018

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags) had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact received the recall notification in may of 2018. The contact did not speak with a dealer. The manufacturer was not contacted. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Berlin, WI, USA

May 162018

Fusion 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags); however, the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact did not call the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Troy, MI, USA

Fusion

"takata recall" - personal vehicle is not disabled but how can a top tier vehicle manufacturer be allowed to defer repairs regarding a "safety" recall for such a long period of time? very frustrating and dangerous for all concerned.

- Peel, AR, USA

Oct 302018

Fusion

Takata recall recall date: Jan 10, 2017 no repairs are done, parts are still not available status on October 30: Incomplete a preventive complaint: We want this repaired for our own safety and our passenger(s) as soon as possible before unfortunate and dangerous things will happen in unpredictable traffic.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. I received my first recall notice from Ford on March 2017. As of October 2018, I still have not had my airbags replaced! I bought the car from myers Ford and have called them several times. They just say that they donżT have them and I have to wait. I have to drive my car and am afraid every time I go out that even some minor fender bender could kill me. Please help. I feel like IżM driving a time bomb.

- Broadway, VA, USA

Oct 292018

Fusion

Takata recall parts are still not available. No rental cars are available at my local dealer (paradise Ford). Ford corporate could offer no assistance.

- Rockledge, FL, USA

Fusion

Takata inflators. My issue is the length of time in getting my airbags replaced. The recall was effective January 2017. I was notified by letter March 2017. I have called my local Ford dealer several times, and each time told the parts are not available. It's an unnecessary stress in driving this car knowing of the potential issues with the airbags. I just want the parts replaced. That's all.

- Griswold, CT, USA

Jan 022018

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags) was received in January of 2018. After, contacting the local dealer village Ford (23535 Michigan ave dearborn, mi) the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the recall were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not notified. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dearborn Hgts, MI, USA

Jan 022018

Fusion

Takata recall - I have been having trouble with Ford Motor Company in poughkeepsie in getting my airbags replaced. I have been put off each time I call - they state that they do not have the parts. This has been going on for at least a year. The new date they gave me was to call back on November 1, 2018.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Oct 282018

Takara recall

- Hughes Springs, TX, USA

Oct 012017

Fusion

I keep getting recall notices from the Ford dealership, valvoline oil change, and other sources telling me there is a recall regarding the airbag. Whenever I ask the dealership, they say funds for the repairs have not been authorized yet. I was notified during the winter, and told repairs were expected in the spring. In the spring I checked back, and was told summer was expected. In the summer I checked back, and was told the fall. Now it's the end of October, and nothing has been done. I've also heard of other recalls being on file, but nothing shows up on a VIN search.

- Hilliard, OH, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. I initially received a recall letter from Ford dated March,2017 which stated that when parts are available I would be notified that parts are available at which time I would contact the local Ford dealership to have the issue corrected. I received no other correspondence from Ford in 2017. Then this year in 2018 I received another notice from Ford, stating the I can contact the local Ford dealership and they would provide me with a rental vehicle until the parts come in for repair. I then called Ford of murfreesboro in murfreesboro, tn so that they could provide me with a rental vehicle until they are able to replace the defective air bags. I was instructed by jonathan greene in their shop to email him photos of all 4 sides of my vehicle, along with a photo shot of the VIN plate and photo shot of the odometer, which I did on June 12, 2018. I did that as instructed, but I never heard back from him. I then re-sent the email to him on July 3, 2018, but as of this date, I have heard nothing more from Ford or from the Ford or murfreesboro dealership. Therefore I still have the defective airbags in my vehicle, waiting for a crash to occur. It would appear that Ford would want to take care of this asap in order to avoid a catastrophic occurrence and possible suit, but no, I have had no further response and no indication of concern on the part of Ford.

- Antioch, TN, USA

Dec 022016

Fusion

Takata recall it has been 3 years since I got a recall notice on my vehicle and it has still not been fixed. Ford claims they never have parts, to risk my life driving it they cant do anything about it.the airbag cover is sticking up and looks like it is fixing to explode at any minute and this needs to be delt with my family uses this car to get around thats the reason we bought it. I have two small children this is unsafe but I have no other choice because yall will not fix the issue.

- Nauvoo, AL, USA