Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

Jul 012016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

May 182018

Fusion

Takata recall -- I have received no information pertaining to when I can get my air bags replaced. Over several months, I have called the dealerships along with the recall line that was provided in letter from Ford. However, I continue to receive zero updates as to when these airbags may be replaced. I continue to hound local dealerships, but doesn't appear they have much information as to timing either. Hard to gift a car in good condition to my teen when air bags are under recall. Please help!

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Jun 102017

Fusion

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The contact called fairlane Ford at 313-846-5000 (located at 14585 Michigan ave, dearborn, mi 48126) and was informed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

May 172018

Fusion

Takata recall as of 5/17/2018, both Ford dealerships that I called said that my car is not yet on the recall list. I received an mailing from tk holdings Inc. Return mail, P.O. Box 3004, monroe, wi 535566-3004 indicating that I should immediately call a dealership and schedule a free repair. Ford Motor Company and that dealerships need to step up and be made to be accountable.

- Vienna, VA, USA

May 012010

Takada air bag

- Ashland, OH, USA

Jan 102010

Fusion

1.takata recall. 3-5 year waiting period and yet no repair. Also, if driver airbag is takata, why no recall or replacement" 2. brakes will drop all the way to floor in emergency braking! why no recall or fix" this is life threatening problem.

- Monroe, LA, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The local dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was notified of the issue and informed the contact that the part was not yet available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Marietta, GA, USA

May 042018

Fusion

Takata recall it has been about 2 years dealing with this recall. When will it be taken care of?

- Hilliard, OH, USA

May 012018

Fusion

Takata recall. Still no action. Car will be ten years old soon and nothing has happened so I'll put in today's date.

- Seatac, WA, USA

Jul 012016

Fusion

We got a notice on July 2016 saying we had takata airbags and it had a NHTSA recall 16V-384. I have called both locally here in Texas and in detroit and they continue to tell me they don't have the parts to fix the car. When will they fix this car?

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 012018

Fusion

Takata recall !!!!!!! the display panel warning lights come on and go off at will. Mostly when its humid outside or raining. This is including the scary airbag light, oil light, engine light. I am stuck with the car since Ford stated no one should sit in the front passenger seat. Has no value. And I pray every day it does not kill me!

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Oct 012016

Fusion 6-cyl

2009 Ford Fusion. Consumer writes in regards to brake issues experienced. The consumer stated at various times the brakes have failed without warning. The brake pedal drops to the floor without warning.

- Florence, KY, USA

Mar 082018

Fusion

Takata safety recall 18S01: I purchased the vehicle 6 months ago. I recently received the defective airbag recall notice dated Feb 2018. Today I had the vehicle appraised to see if trading it in was an option. The cash value I was quoted vs. The payoff amount is over $5,000. The availability for replacement airbags are estimated to be a year or more & priority has been given to dealerships located in the South. I can't sale the vehicle because of the defect, but I'm beyond afraid to continue driving the vehicle because of the defect. I'm disabled, recovering from a recent craniotomy & the medical facility is an hour away. I'm in need of a safe & reliable vehicle. Ford Motor Company isn't offering any compensation (timely repairs, replacements vehicle, loaners or even a partial refund to assist with the trade-in value). My auto insurance coverage can't get involved because it's a recall. Ford Motor Company has instructed dealerships not to remove the airbags because the risk is greater. I now have a vehicle that (do to no fault of my own) I've made all of 5 payments on with 42 more months of financing & interest that I'm obligated to pay that's parked because it can't be repaired in a timely manner & that can't be safely driven because of a manufacturer's pre-existing condition. What am I suppose to do with this vehicle now??

- Bath, MI, USA

Jan 182018

Fusion

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer (jess Ford of pullman South, 2590 grand ave, pullman, wa 99163) stated that the parts were not available for the repair. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Endicott, WA, USA

Sep 012017

Fusion

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag compartment cover was detached. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The local dealer was not contacted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 116,000.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Mar 012017

Fusion

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Mar 072018

Fusion

It has been a year since I was advised of the NHTSA recall 17V-024. I just called the dealership and they still don't have the parts. Did not take my name or any information, just told me to call back in a week.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 062017

Fusion 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. An unknown local dealer stated that the part was not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Park Forest, IL, USA

Feb 262018

Fusion

Takata recall -- I have repeatedly called my local Ford dealership about having my airbags replaced and each time I'm told that Ford doesn't have the parts available to fix my vehicle. Meanwhile, I've received notice after notice about how anyone who rides in my passenger seat is at risk of dying a tragic, painful death until my airbag is replaced, essentially rendering my car worthless if I can never put anyone in the passenger. There's a total lack of transparency and urgency from Ford. I never receive communications from them with any updates.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Feb 182018

Fusion

Takata recall. I keep getting the runaround. The dealer tell me to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer says contact the dealer. So who is the responsible party?

- San Pablo, CA, USA