8.5

$4,520

Most common solutions:

2. program download (2 reports)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Jun 042018

Fusion ES 4 cyl

I own a 2010 Ford Fusion. Worst mistake I ever made. Car is a piece of junk. I have nothing but transmission problems since I bought it. First transmission went out at 41,000 miles. Gears went out while I was in heavy traffic in Dallas Texas. Dealership in Wichita Falls, Texas told me it was just my imagination when I told them something was wrong with my car. I had it in the shop almost weekly and the mechanic kept telling me nothing was wrong, even though it kept slipping. I finally told my husband that I wasn't going back to them until it fell apart and then they would be able to maybe find the problem..

Well, the next time I took it to them the transmission had gone completely out. 2 gears were out and it was a quart down on transmission fluid. The head mechanic tried to blame the transmission problem on me, but I told them that I had the thing in the shop numerous times and that they just ignored me mostly because I'm I woman.

Anyway they had to replace the transmission, the gears were all stripped out. They could have fixed it they had bothered to listen when I told them something was wrong. Now I have 109,000 miles on the car but only 68,000 miles on this transmission and the gears are slipping again. The gears hang up when accelerating.

Like I said this is the worst mistake of my life and I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD. You couldn't give me a Ford. Piece of crap car.

- brendareece5br, Hollieqy, US

Aug 222016

Fusion

In the 3 last months, the transmission begins to miss and the SST manual shifting didn’t work, but suddenly it corrected itself and not problems. Then last week happened again and I took to the Dealer this week for a checkup as the wrench light came out on the dashboard.

Their resolution was: “Found codes PO756 Trans SSB STUCK Off and P2701 Transmission friction element B found debris in the fluid, Recommend replacing transmission."

My 2005 Mazda 6 and my 1996 E150 van have over 200,000 miles and haven't had a problem of transmission.

I think these car companies are building less quality cars now a days but adding more electronics gadgets to inflate pricing for profits. I have not seen a transmission recall on this cars either.

- rocadura, Decatur, IL, US

Apr 052016

Fusion SE 2.4L

Went in for transmission dropping when it shifts and there was a transmission fluid leak. $591 later still does it.

- kmorr22, Shullsburg, WI, US

Jun 012014

Fusion SEL 3.0L

When accelerating or slowing down and then re-accelerating car will jerk or jump like it's trying to shift or find a gear.This usually happens when in low gear or near next gear(2nd).First gear is so low(6speed auto)That it's hard to get traction on even wet roads.Then you add in the jerking,jumping it all adds up to a unpleasant shifting when going from a dead stop or a rolling stop.

- firemanpiet, morton, IL, US

Nov 192012

Fusion SEL 3.0L

Not a happy camper. Very disappointed in Ford. After this I found out that this is a problem Ford has had with this transmission for several years. Still no proper fix. Seems all they did was increase the shift points for the transmission

- rcly, Prince Albert, SK, Canada

Sep 132014

Fusion SE 2.5L I4

The gears on the transmission shift with a lot of noise like loud popping sounds. When the car finally engaged, the car drove in slow motion despite accelerating. The noises continued, I pulled over to the curve, turned the car off, waited a few minutes then turned the car back on. I drove back to the driveway in slow motion again. The loud sounds come from the back and under the car.

- Pat L., Kingsville, TX, US

Nov 142011

Fusion SE

Took car in because it didn't feel like it was shifting into gears properly. Especially putting it in reverse and back into drive it would hesitate and then slam into gear. Pretty scary when you're backing out of a driveway on a busy street and by the time you car shifts back into drive, cars are right up on you.

- Kim H., Fenton, MI, US

Mar 162010

Fusion SEL V6

This was the first incident, my car has been in shop 9 times now & is currently in shop for undetermined amount of time. The wheels, tires, and electrical system have supposedly been ruled out now they are checking the EGR valve...I get tired of them looking at me like I'm crazy when I go in. This time my car actually acted up more than usual for the mechanic, now I don't know how long they'll have it.

- tygirlie, Bremerton, WA, US