$4,500

Most common solutions:

1. replace ABS modules (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

May 312018

Fusion Hybrid

• CVT transmission

The Advance Trac and ABS warning lights came on. The brakes felt mushy. Had to have it towed to the Ford dealer. The ABS unit, both modules, failed. The cost to replace was $4500. I checked with Ford Customer department and was told, tough luck. I read that NHTSA had investigated the problem, as over 150 incidents were reported. My understanding is that NHTSA decided not to issue a recall, as it would cost Ford too much to replace the ABS units. So, a known problem was ignored by the Feds and the owners are left to foot the bill. My Fusion Hybrid had only 57500 miles on it. In addition to the ABS failure, it was pointed out that both front coils and a bushing needed to be replaced. Total bill: $8000. I had little choice but to sell the car to a repair center (got $1200 for it) and buy a new car. Ford Customer department said they could offer some type of discount if I purchased a new Ford. Not any more. I'm now driving a Toyota Camry, which I hope will never encounter this kind of problem.

- Robert Z., Needham, MA, US