Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Mustang:

Mar 062017

The contact owns a 2002 Ford Mustang. While driving 35 mph, the air bags deployed without warning or impact. The steering wheel and dashboard were damaged due to the deployment. The contact took the vehicle to an auto repair facility where it was diagnosed as an air bag failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 115,000.

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Nov 122014

Mustang 6-cyl

There was a vehicle in front of me. Both vehicles were traveling at the same speed. The car in front of me anchored the brakes. I was 3 car length behind. Th ABS failed and did not allow the brakes to resume. We hit the back end of the car in front at 35mph. The passenger seatbelt broke ending my fiance head into the windshield. The airbags did not deploy car was totaled and the Toyota did not have a scratch: Myself and my girl are both injured. I purchased this car 5/14. I believe there may not be airbags and I also think this car escaped having to have a salvage title. We are upset to say the least. As it is one thing but to put a consumers life at risk is another. This is the second car from this dealer since March 2014 that we had been given a death trap.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jul 232005

Mustang 6-cyl

2 door Ford Mustang convertable was involved in a motor vehicle accident with another car on Saturday 7/23/05 with 3 people injured in the Mustang. The air bags did not deploy at all

- Bayonne, NJ, USA

Aug 262003

Mustang 6-cyl

To whom it may concern, on Aug. 26, 2003 at around 9:45 pm I was in a terrible car accident in my 2002 Ford Mustang, in which my airbags failed to deploy. The point of impact was approximately 50-55 mph head on and I was also struck from behind. I am very angry that my airbags did not deploy at the point of impact, especially with the advanced technology and sensors installed on my vehicle. The police were also very worried at that fact. I want to know if there is any legal action I can take against Ford Motor Co. For jeopardizing my safety. Jason hirst.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jun 072002

Both air bags failed to deploy. Our Mustang struck a pick up truck as it turned left in front of us at an intersection while traveling 40 mph. We struck his right rear panel and neither one of the air bags deployed.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA