Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Mustang:

Nov 072017

Mustang

Takta recall. Ford does not have parts to replace airbags and have been waiting over a year. This puts me and any passengers at risk on a daily basis.

- Mountain View, CA, USA

Nov 072017

Mustang

Takata airbag recall has yet to be resolved. Dealer has no info on actions to be taken.

- Saint Peters, MO, USA

May 012016

Mustang

Takata recall I have taken the car in twice to address the recall but the Ford dealer keeps telling me the parts are unavailable. The last time they told me they were distributing the recall parts beginning in the South and working northward (we live in Ohio) whether that is true or not. There are 2 recalls an neither have been addressed in over a year and a half. Our teenage daughter drives this car. Please help. We tried to trade it in and was told since there are outstanding recalls that the value is lessened. That is not right.

- Prospect, OH, USA

Jul 102017

Mustang

"takata recall" - dealer has not fulfill their obligation to replace the airbags nor provided what safety precautions need to be taken until it is replaced.- recall was known since I purchased the vehicle.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mustang

In June of 2016 I received a recall notice for the front passenger airbag in my 2009 Ford Mustang. It is now November 2017 and the status of my recall is still ┐recall incomplete, remedy not yet available┐. 17 months have passed since I received the recall notice. Why hasn┐T Ford provided a remedy for this potentially deadly saftey recall?

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Mustang

Takata recall remedy not yet available, but it's been a year and a half (recall made June 1, 2016)

- Glendale, CA, USA

Nov 022017

Mustang

Takata recall contacted dealer and parts not available to fix problem.

- Humboldt, TN, USA

Oct 102016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The local dealer (philpott Ford, 1400 us-69, nederland, tx 77627) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Burkeville, TX, USA

Jan 072016

Mustang

Have been waiting since 2016 for the passenger air bag to be replaced. Dealer I use advised that they have not received any passenger air bags.

- Conroe,, TX, USA

Oct 012014

Mustang

Takata recall for over 1 1/ 2 years and still no parts are available for this recall!

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 262017

Mustang

The driver's side airbag has been replaced but not the passenger side and every time I contact the dealership about this issue, I am told that the airbags are not available yet and they have no idea when they will be available.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Jul 032017

Mustang

Takata recall...air bag recall is incomplete, remedy not available yet. Went to dealerships for repairs and they said they have no parts to make necessary repairs and to call on occasion to get updates. My concern is, why is this issue not getting resolved before something happens to me or my loved ones? NHTSA # 17V024 manufacturer # 17S01

- Frederick, MD, USA

Oct 262017

Mustang

Takata recall I have not received information from a dealership saying that my air bag recall can be fixed. They just continually say we do not have the part yet to fix the recall on your airbag. I fear for my life and my passengers life if this recall on the airbag is not fixed.

- Hauppauge, NY, USA

May 202017

Mustang

I received a recall notice of th airbag not being safe an sierious injury could occur if in an acident. Called to scheduled an appointment, one airbag has been replaced. Was told it would be alright to drive car, been almost a year still no response on repair. Feel luck is running out on when something serious is going to go wrong. Dealer really don't want to deal with me, excuse after excuse.

- Danville, VT, USA

Jan 012017

Mustang

Takata recall-passenger side airbag inflator->Ford is incompletely not replacing these in a timely fashion. I have waited over a year to have the driver's airbag replaced, and now over 6 months for the passenger side -and they still have not replaced it. Some type of penalty should be meted out!! please help!!!

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Mustang

Takata recall- recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available

- Pinetops, NC, USA

Aug 262016

Mustang

Takata recall issue. I have waited over 1 year for the airbag recall to be completed at my local dealer. They are waiting for the air bag recall parts at autonation Ford in katy, tx since August of 2016.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 012017

Mustang

I have taken the car for the recall and the airbag annunciator is

- Coral Gables Fl, FM, USA

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called don gasgarth's charlotte county Ford (3156 tamiami trail, port charlotte, fl 33952 (888) 313-9652) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Sep 162017

Mustang

Greenway Ford replaced my driver airbag in a timely manner, however I have contacted greenway Ford in orlando, fl several times to schedule the replacement of my passenger and side airbags. As of the last inquiry on Sept 16, 2017 hey are saying they don't have the parts. Now I see that takata is filing bankruptcy and will deny liability. I am concerned about not having these airbags replaced. Are there any other options?

- Winter Park, FL, USA