8.0

$1,600.00

Most common solutions:

1. manufacturing process needs to change (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Mustang:

Sep 092017

Mustang GT Premium 5.0L

click to see larger images

paint is coming off paint is coming off paint is coming off paint is coming off paint is coming off

I bought this car new & had it delivered to me. It suffered road debris damage (gravel on the freeway) that caused severe paint chipping on both sides of the car as well as the front. My insurance paid to have it repainted considering the amount of chipped paint along with other damages. In the process of sanding, the body shop noticed it had been painted twice in which it was not prepared correctly for the second application of paint resulting in the second coat not adhering to the first. The second coat can be chipped away from the first just by using a knife or razor.

My car has been sitting in a body shop since Sept 9, 2017 & now it's Dec 1, 2017. Ford finally sent reps to look at it a week ago and they agreed it had been painted twice & the Mil gauge reading that are suppose to be around 4 to 6 are too high 12. Still Ford is saying it's not a warranty issue & I am still without a car.

Between the out-of-pocket expenses, loss of use, diminution in value and the fact that they obviously just do not care, I am extending my complaints to see if there is anyone else experiencing this issue.

- , Corinth, US

Oct 162017

Mustang GT Premium 5.0L

click to see larger images

paint is coming off

The fact that Ford has been aware of this paint oxidation and delamination defects since 2010 and has NOT fixed the problem is very disappointing - my first & last Ford.

I purchased my NEW 2015 Ford GT Premium with 50 Year Anniversary Appearance Package for $47K and in just 2 1/2 years I now have paint corrosion issues - not acceptable!

Very disappointed customer, Kirk Conde (Palm City FL)

I can be reached at (845) 597-4889