Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Ranger:

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The local dealer (cromley's Ford Inc. In saluda, South Carolina) was made aware of the recall and stated that the part was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Saluda, SC, USA

Mar 062017

Ranger

Ford mailed me "safety recall notice 17S01 / NHTSA recall 17V-024". as of Apr 15, 2018 I have not been notified by Ford that the recall service can be performed. On my own, working through the Ford parts website, I tried to order a replacement part. They had none for my vehicle. After 13 months (my opinion of reasonable time) of waiting; I'm wondering if the defective airbag system could be deactivated, giving the driver and a passenger the benefit of at least a seatbelt without the fear of shrapnel until the airbag function could be safely restored.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Apr 102018

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The dealer (beach Ford, 2717 Virginia beach blvd, Virginia beach, va 23452, (757) 486-2717) informed the contact that parts were not available to complete the recall repair and would not be available for another six to twelve months. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 202014

Ranger

My brother brought this vehicle new and left it to me when he pass away a few years ago. Right after that he got a notice in the mail that the passenger airbag was faulty and is being recalled to fix this problem. I have tried to get it replaced but Ford Motor Co. Just keeps giving me the run around by saying the part has not come in yet. Its been three years since my brother got this notice. I have called them several times. Same response each time. Don, T have the part in. This vehicle has not been in an accident, but I have a son who does ride with me from time to time. What can I do to have this taken care of by the Ford Motor Co.? the month date and year I will fill that in when he first got the recall notice for if I don, T put a date in the space provided below it won, T allow me to go to next step.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Apr 092017

Ranger

Takata recall. I went to the nearest Ford dealer to see if they would fix my truck. They said that they did not have the parts to replace the air bags and that Ford would call me when they had the parts and that was back in April of 2017. I also received a card stating that they had file for chapter 11. I have done several calls to the Ford dealer in rsm to check if they have received the parts with no luck. Never received a call about the problem with the transition. On 2/28/18 I sent a letter explaining what had happen when I called Ford. As of today I have not received response to my letter. I did received another document stating that I should not have an passengers on the truck because it may cause serious injury. Ford has not even tried to contact us and let us know what they plan to do to solve this problem. So only one person can use the truck at this time.. my wife is the one that drives the truck to work since she works far and we can saves gas but I am afraid that she if she has an accident she could be seriously hurt. I have provided them with my wife phone and our home phone number so they can talk to her with any questions but no response from Ford. Thank you

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hacienda Heights, CA, USA

Apr 052017

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The vehicle was taken to friendly Ford (660 N Decatur blvd, las vegas, nv 89107, (702) 877-6539), but the parts were not available for the repair. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 102017

Ranger 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called ganley Ford barberton at (800) 942-6305 (2835 barber rd, norton, oh 44203) and was informed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Barberton, OH, USA

Mar 012017

Ranger

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Ron lewis Ford in beaver falls, Pennsylvania was made aware of the recall and stated that the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Beaver, PA, USA

Feb 072018

Ranger

The Ford Ranger has been issued a no drive notice by ntsb anf I have not received a notice from Ford to get the takata air bags replaced. When should I receive the notice for replacement?

- Jefferson, TX, USA

Ranger

Takata this has been on recall for almost 2 years without a fix and I was told takata filed chapter 11 and because I live in a low humid location (s.West) I will be one of the last to be repaired and it does not matter that I drive to high humidity location! I have to fear that I may die as a result of using my only vehicle to go to and from work etc. Totally unacceptable that there is not a fix and so many people have died. I do not want to be the next death!

- Encinitas, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Ranger 4-cyl

2009 Ford Ranger. Consumer writes in regards to frontal airbag inflator safety recall. The consumer stated the recall repair exceeded a reasonable amount of time.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was notified, but was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Mar 012017

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer (all american Ford of hackensack, 520 river St, hackensack, NJ 07601, (201) 487-6700) was unable to verify when the remedy and parts would be supplied from the manufacturer. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tenafly, NJ, USA

Jun 082016

Ranger

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair as the recall notice was received over a year ago. The dealer (apple Ford, 8800 stanford blvd, columbia, md 21045 (866) 841-9642) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was contacted several times and was unable to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact recently received a postcard from tk holdings, alerting him that they filed for bankruptcy. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Arnold, MD, USA

Jan 102017

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Ramey Ford princeton (498 courthouse rd, princeton, wv) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pineville, WV, USA

Jul 012016

Ranger

Takatqa recall. In July, 2016 I received a letter from Ford Motor Company advising me of the recall on my Ford Ranger due to the takata airbag inflator safety issue, but giving no additional information. On December 28, 2017, (17 months later) I received a follow-up letter saying that parts are still not available, but until parts become available I should not allow anyone to set in the front passenger seat. The letters give no estimation of when the parts may become available. This delay in repairing a deadly serious defect is unacceptable! this makes my Ranger practically unusable since I cannot allow a passenger in that seat nor can I put a briefcase or other object in the seat since either action could cause the airbag to inflate in an accident. Thank you.

- Fairburn, GA, USA

Ranger

Takata recall I own a 2009 Ford Ranger. Around June 2016 I was notified that the takata airbag has been recalled and Ford will replace it. I checked their website continually to get the latest update and nothing had changed. In December 2017, I received a letter stating that the airbag may rupture during deployment so it is advised that no one be allowed to sit in the passenger seat until the airbag has been replaced. It also stated that remedy parts have been delayed and will be available for certain vehicles in spring 2018. I contacted Ford for further information. I asked if my vehicle airbag will be replaced in spring and if not, then when. They stated that they did not have any further details than what was stated in the letter. I then informed them that I need my passenger seat to be available for business purposes and that either they should remove the airbag, provide me with a loaner vehicle, or pay for any out of pocket expenses that I may incur for having to rent another vehicle for business purposes or for having to hire uber for passengers. They stated that they would not offer me any assistance other than replacing the airbag, which they will not even provide me with a date or time frame of when that will occur. When I originally purchased my vehicle, I purchased a 2 seat vehicle. It has now become a 1 seat vehicle according to Ford's letter, which is not what I purchased. I have been driving around with passengers during the period June 2016 to Dec 2017 unaware of the risk because Ford failed to notify me of the danger until Dec 2017. Thankfully, there has been no situation that would have caused deployment of the airbag. It has been 1 1/2 years and Ford has done absolutely nothing to remedy this situation. They placed a faulty airbag in my vehicle and they have made it my problem. Ford is unwilling to correct their problem.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Ranger

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. A dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and stated that parts would become available for certain vehicles in the spring of 2018. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called truck city Ford (15301 South interstate 35, buda, tx 78610) and maxwell Ford (5000 S ih 35 frontage rd, austin, tx 78745) and was informed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Driftwood, TX, USA