2.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Taurus:

Jan 022019

Taurus

Fuel pump control module went bad. Unfortunately was told by Ford that it was not covered by the recall.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Dec 302018

Taurus

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Taurus. While driving various speeds, the vehicle began to hesitate and sputter. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump control module was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was towed to les herr Ford (5025 kemp rd, hamburg, NY) where it was confirmed that the fuel pump control module was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified, but no assistance was offered. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Dec 142018

Taurus

The fuel pump module had to be replaced I read in other Ford taurauses that this was a recall. I do not see that as such on here. My car would not start while it was stationary. Every time I got gas it would hesitate before starting.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Nov 292018

Taurus

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the fuel pump module was malfunctioning and the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to jack demmer Lincoln, Inc. (21531 Michigan ave, dearborn, mi 48124, (313) 274-8800) and they stated that there were no recalls for the vehicle. The dealer completed the repairs. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 82,114.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Nov 152018

Taurus

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Taurus. While driving 5 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump electric module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. Jim shorkey Chevrolet (located at 13339 Lincoln hwy, North huntingdon, pa 15642, (724) 616-0083) and the manufacturer were informed of the failure. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V621000 (fuel system, gasoline). The approximate failure mileage was 88,000. The VIN was not available.

- North Huntingdon, PA, USA

Nov 032018

Taurus

Takata recall fule pump module went out causing car not to start. Recall on certain vehicles of same kind of car were made but not on all cars. Now the fule pump module went out causing out of pocket of 500+ $ the care ran fine like nothing was wrong filled the tank up and drive that day with no ptoblem. Parked the car in the driveway and the following morning it would not start.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Nov 032018

Taurus

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Taurus. While driving various speeds, the vehicle suddenly shut off and would not restart. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump module was faulty and needed to be replaced. The fuel pump module was replaced and the failure was remedied. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The local dealer was not notified. The failure mileage was 69,500.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 302018

Taurus

My car will not start it seems like it is out of gas but it doesn"T be. I have taken it back to the dealership where I got it from and they just tell me to buy batteries. It has done this at least 5 times. Another Ford dealership put a fuel pump relay switch on and it did it again.when it does this it is parked.

- Bokchito, OK, USA

Jun 082018

Taurus

The vehicle will sometimes crank but will not start. It happens more often on hot days and when parked with the passenger side towards the sun. The local dealer is unable to diagnose the problem. I left the car with the dealer from 6/8/2018-6/20/2018 and the car only failed to start one time and they were unable to find the reason. Since picking the car up it has failed to start three times. I checked online and found that there is an issue with the fuel pump relay. I pulled the relay from our car and it is the same one that has a recall except ours is on a Taurus limited not the sho. I recommend recalling all vehicles with the same fuel pump relay regardless of model/trim. I have attached a photo of our car's fuel pump relay.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Apr 282018

Taurus

The car stalled on me while driving on the interstate

- Antioch, TN, USA

Mar 102018

Taurus

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Taurus. While attempting to start the vehicle, the engine would not start. The vehicle was towed to Liberty Ford (4215 Liberty ave, vermiilion, oh) where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump delivery modulator was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified, but no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 79,000.

- Lorain, OH, USA

Feb 022018

Taurus

This vehicle stalls while in motion on both city streets and on highways. At times it will not run at all. I learned that certain 2014 Ford Taurus models have been recalled for this same problem. I had it repaired in October 2017, at the local Ford dealer and the fuel pump module was replaced. Presently the same problem has re-occurred.

- Saraland, AL, USA

Dec 012017

Taurus

Fuel pump control module failed causing engine to stall and not able to be restarted. Fortunately at the time I was at the side of the road idling, however I was 5 minutes away from getting on the highway. Parked car, and purchased replacement fuel module from Ford dealer and able to get car running again. Ford has issued recall 16S31, however my '14 Taurus with a naturally aspirated 3.5L is not included in that recall. Part number of the module is aa8A-9D412-ca and supplier code doesn't appear to be one of the stated suppliers that is ok to use. Supplier code appears to be -oc. See attached photo and compare to information supplied in recall 16S31. Replacement part is P/N aa8Z-9D370-B. dealer cost with tax for the part was approx. $70

- Peabody, MA, USA

Sep 252017

Taurus

I drove my car just fine on Sunday. When I got in the car to go to work Monday morning, the engine would crank, but it wouldn't start. So I called my mechanic who came over with a machine. They found that fuel was not getting to the engine although I had half a tank of gas. There is no kill switch on my model car, for them to reset thinking I had hit a bump and somehow set off the theft feature that kills fuel to the engine when my car thinks it being stolen(?). they were able to bypass something to get the car to crank which determined the fuel pump was in working order. They were looking for the fuel pump control module when we found the NHTSA #16V621000, which shows the 2013-2015 Ford Taurus models (which I have), "a component within the fuel pump electric module (pem) may overheat causing a loss of electrical power to the fuel pump. I recall recently that while I was driving one day I could smell something burning, an electrical wiring smell, but since my car still ran didn't think anything about it. When you type in my VIN, this recall does not show up, but when you enter the year, make and model it does show up. I strongly urge the proper people at Ford to look into this. I thank jesus that my vehicle didn't stall while driving.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 282017

Taurus

My care only has 46+ thousand miles on it. In February of 2017, I came out to start my car as I have done every day since I got it as a used car at 22,000 miles. The car would not start. It just turned over, but would not start! I had it towed to a certified mechanic, and it was found to be a bad fuel module under the back seat. It was replaced and drove fine for about 6 months. It did it again in early July 2017. Took it back, module was bad again. Replaced again. Drove it for 1 day, tank full of 93 gas, it shuts off in the middle of the road, engine light comes on, and would not start (it turned over, but would not start like it was out of gas). I checked for a recall, and in August 25, 2016 NHTSA did a recall on campaign number: 16V621000. I called Ford as directed to do, and was told my car did not have a recall on the fuel system. I argued that I have the campaign number, but the person vehemently refused to even look up the number. The car is back in the shop. I love my car, but I am frustrated that Ford will not acknowledge the recall from August 2016. What do I do? I can upload all of my invoices form my mechanic when he provides the to me.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 282017

Taurus

Car engine shut off while vehicle was in drive on the freeway, twice this hads happened. Causing me to coast with little to absolute no control over the acceleration/speed of the vehicle, again bother times car was in motion on the highway going approximately 65mph. Car sits and cools down after a time passes approximately 15 -30 min and car will start back up. All electronic components work as far as dash, lights, radio, etc. Please note there is a similar recall of the same make and year but different trim... also the complaints are very similar.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Jun 192017

Taurus

2014 Ford Taurus recall: My car wouldn't start after being parked, I replaced the battery, and it still would not start. No check engine lights or warnings came on. I was checking online and found that there is a recall out for my make model & year of car for a fuel pump control module malfunction but didn't include my VIN. I got it towed to a local auto shop and diagnosed and this was specifically the issue. I had to pay out of pocket because my VIN# hadn't been inclusive of this recall. I need to get my VIN added, my car had the same problem as the ones covered, so I can get reimbursed.

- Shallotte, NC, USA

Jun 092017

Taurus

Two months ago my car won't start. After some research I noticed the most likely cause of the problem was the fuel pump control module. Then I found out that Ford had issued a safety recall for the issue. I called the Ford dealership and the recall was for a different size engine. Last week I was driving home on the interstate going the speed limit of 70 mph and the car quit. The recall states "in the affected vehicles, the fuel pump control module could fail, which may cause an engine to not start or stall. In some cases, the engine could stall without warning while driving and without the ability to restart, increasing the risk of a crash." Https://media.Ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/08/24/Ford-issues-two-safety-recalls-and-one-safety-compliance-recall-.html. Now the Ford dealership wants to charge me $700 for the fuel control pump module just because the recall is only for a larger engine.

- Elgin, OK, USA

Mar 312017

Taurus 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 70 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check charging system warning light illuminated. The vehicle was coasted to the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacture was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,239...updated 05/09/17

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Feb 062017

Taurus

Two days ago I experience a problem I had with my car it would not start and after getting my car battery tested and informed it was good I then had my fuel pump replaced after being informed that was my problem and still my car would not start it did at first start but suddenly died out and afterwards noticed a recall on this same year make and model could I possibly be one of the few who is effected by this recall?

- Shiprock, NM, USA