Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 GMC Acadia:

Jun 082019

Acadia

On three separate occasions this vehicle has, with no warning, experienced a sudden loss of power steering for 2-10 seconds per event. #1 June - 2018 (aprox mileage 30K+): while exiting the freeway offramp and slowing below 40mph, my wife experienced a loss of power steering for 1-2 seconds before regaining power steering. Went to a local mechanic and he said everything looked to be ok, cnd (could not duplicate). #2 11-18-2018 (mileage 46171): While slowing and turning left into our drive way the car experienced a sudden loss of power steering for 5-10 seconds. I was able to bring the car to a stop and snap a picture of the following error msg: Action required, steering assist is reduced drive with care. This time we went to the dealership where we purchased the vehicle with pictures and again cnd. #3 6-9-2019 (mileage 64916): While coming out of a left hand turn, at aprox 5mph and slowing, I began to navigate a right turn into a parking lot when I experienced a sudden loss and return of power steering. The incident lasted apron 2-3 seconds, enough time to her my passenger take a picture of the following error msg: Action required, steering assist is reduced drive with care. I am taking this vehicle back to the dealership with pictures of the warning and mileage for a second time. I have notice that GM had recalled numerous vehicles with this problem from 2017 till now. NHTSA campaign number: 18V586. GM's own number for this recall is 18289. Do these vehicles need to be added to initiate a fix?

- Sherwood, AR, USA

Apr 222018

Acadia

Front right driveshaft separated while driving causing a pull to the right.

- San Ramon, CA, USA

Jan 012018

Acadia

The contact owns a 2017 GMC Acadia. While driving at various speeds, the horn did not work. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to maxon Buick GMC (2301 U.S. 22, union, NJ 07083, (908) 964-1900). The dealer duplicated the failure and consulted with the chief engineer of the GMC manufacturer who recommended that the steering wheel be replaced with a custom-made steering wheel. The failure recurred after the replacement of the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken back to the same dealer and the technician diagnosed that the air bag needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the contact waited for feedback. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 500.

- Millburn, NJ, USA

Aug 302017

Acadia

Power steering failed/ lose of power steering on 5 times ranging from 2 second to at least 6 second/steering lost at low speed going into driveway of garage/steering lost while car at red light in traffic waiting for green light to

- Geneva, IL, USA

Apr 082017

Acadia

The steering has locked briefly 3 times while driving on the freeway within the last few weeks. The first time I was changing lanes on I-8 going about 45 mph. The next time I was taking a freeway exit ramp from I-805 to the I-8 decelerating and had no control as I turned the wheel to maneuver through the curve. This past Saturday, 4/8, I was exiting I-805 at sorrento valley road and the steering locked for over 2 seconds. I originally thought this was a suspension issue. However, I finally received service records from hoehn GMC in carlsbad on 4/7 that stated there was an issue with the vehicle before I took delivery. The service record states ┐40 dtc P16E5 sensor comm circuit 3 hign voltage┐ and a part was replaced. However, I picked up the vehicle on 3/2 and the service invoice has a date of 3/22. I have not been back to the dealer since 3/2. I had to leave the vehicle at the dealer on 2/28 when I signed the lease agreement because the dealership told me the transmission was still locked. When I picked up my vehicle on 3/2, I noticed the vehicle had 34 additional miles since my initial inspection on 2/28. After several unanswered emails and phone calls to jerry brummet over the last month, he finally sent me the service records to show the reason for the additional mileage. This surprised me because I was never notified of an issue when I picked up the vehicle, nor did I receive any service records. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle and would have taken it in for service sooner had the dealership notified and provided the service records indicating there were factory defects prior to my receiving it. I plan to take the vehicle to another dealership for service in the meantime. Ultimately, I am concerned this is a repeat safety problem that may lead to an accident or other bodily injury.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 042017

Acadia

Less than 30 days of taking possession of the vehicle brand new, we noted a whine when you turned the steering wheel. We brought the veh in to dealershp and it was reported the airbag coil was wrapped around steering column causing the noise. The coil was replaced and veh returned to me. Within 24 hours the noise returned. This time they determined it was the front left strut and replaced. A brand new vehicle should not need a new strut. Dealership said they had another Acadia in for same problem

- Addis, LA, USA