1.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Sierra 1500:

Jul 182016

Sierra 1500

Broken weld holding right rear shock absorber to rear axle. GM is denying that this weld was defective. This right rear shock absorber broke loose from the rear axle while driving on hwy 101.

- Paso Robles, CA, USA

Feb 012015

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The brake lines are rusted so badly it will not pass it's next va state inspection. This truck has only been driven 74000 miles. Can this be normal? I am a disabled vet with limited income and can not afford the cost of replacement. There is also more than normal rust of the suspension and other parts under the body. I believe this has gone on too long and a recall is necessary.

- South Chesterfield, VA, USA

Nov 012012

Sierra 1500

While driving home, someone pulled out in front of me. I applied the brakes and the pedal went straight to the floor. I managed to avoid a collision and made it home as this happened luckily around the corner from my house. I looked for the problem, it didn't take long as under the hood the frame was covered with brake fluid. I was amazed to find that one of the metal brake line had rusted through and the others don't look to be in very good condition. Needless to say I will be replacing all the brake lines with stainless steel lines (a cost of $350). I can't imagine why stainless steel lines are not original equipment. Rust seems to be a problem with this vehicle not only the brake lines but also parts of the suspension.

- Burlington, NJ, USA