Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Sierra 1500:

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Robbins Chevrolet in humble, Texas was made aware of the recall and stated that the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Humble, TX, USA

May 272016

Sierra 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called dave kirk Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac at (931) 484-5151 (2955 N main St, crossville, tn 38555) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The contact also called casey's frontier Chevrolet at (865) 354-0152 (994 N gateway ave, rockwood, tn 37854) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. Rice Buick GMC at (865) 693-0610 (8330 kingston pike, knoxville, tn 37919) confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect.

- Crossville, TN, USA

Nov 062017

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 8/3/18

- Hampton, GA, USA

Nov 062017

Sierra 1500

Takata recall--continue to here there is no remedy but website said GMC should have an answer from the government by August 2017. We live in a very warm climate--austin Texas

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 212017

Sierra 1500

Takata recall - received recall notice. Dealers claim this vehicle parts have not been released for repairs at this time. Contacted several GMC and Chevrolet dealers in area. No damage at this time, but what good is notifying me of bad parts if there is no intention to perform repairs.

- Saint Bernard, LA, USA

Nov 032017

Sierra 1500

Takata recall....saying no parts available still"?? how many will die before they are fixed?" I do not want to die because of a fender bender!! do something...

- Gonzales, LA, USA

Aug 042016

Sierra 1500

"takata recall". have not been to obtain replacement airbags for my truck since August 4, 2016 from any dealerships in my area. Yesterday, I received a card in the mail from tk holdings Inc that takata is filing chapter 11. Since I am unable to find any dealership to replace my airbags for over a year now, I am filing this complaint. I need to know where and whom can replace them for me. In the meantime, what will happen if there is an accident while I am driving this truck?

- Crossville, TN, USA

Takata inflators

- Nederland, TX, USA

Oct 262017

Sierra 1500

Takata recall I have called ron carter autoland/GMC requesting the airbag component for replacement, but was told that there are no replacement parts available and have been none. I then asked when replacements would be available and was told there was no time table for such. I mentioned that this recall has been going on for years with nothing being done at this time. She told me she knows and understands, but it is out of her hands.

- Friendswood, TX, USA

Oct 262017

Sierra 1500

Takata recall- I have received 2 notification saying that my truck is effected by the recall and this is confirmed when I look on the site www.airbagrecall.com. when I call the dealer where I purchased the car they are telling me a settlement on this has not been reached. The latest notification I received says takata is filing for bankruptcy and to take action immediately. What do we do? updated 12/12/17

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 252016

Sierra 1500

"takata recall" so I got my initial notice for this recall in 2016. It is now October 26th 2017 and still no replacement air bag" just called dealership and no parts on hand nor any idea when the air bag will be replaced"

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

May 272016

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer (wiesner of huntsville GMC Buick Cadillac Chevrolet, 230 ih 45 North, huntsville, tx 77320, (936) 291-7500) did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.. updated 8/7/18

- Huntsville, TX, USA

Oct 252017

Sierra 1500

Takata recall I have called twice now to get my airbags replaced after receiving a recall notifying me to have them replaced and have been told twice that "GM has not come up with a solution at this time". the most recent attempt was 10/25/2017, two months prior to the 12/27/17 5pm est deadline on the recall notice.

- Hoover, AL, USA

Oct 242017

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called greg lair Buick GMC (16200 canyon dr, amarillo, tx 79119; 806-553-5999) and was informed that parts were not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 8/2/18

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Sierra 1500

Takata recall, I received a safety recall in July of 2016 recall number 49151. I keep asking my local GMC dealer linus Buick GMC 1401 us hwy 1, vero beach, fl 32960, 772-562-1700, again today 10/23/2017, I visited their service center in reference to this recall. I was told again there are no parts available for my vehicle. On 10/20/2017 I received a postcard from tk holdings Inc. P.O.box3004 monroe, wi 53566, chapter 11 case no. 17-11375(bls) I want my vehicle repaired.

- Ft Pierc E, FL, USA

Mar 102016

Sierra 1500

Takata recall after many calls to my dealer I can not get this air bad changed. If it's bad enough for a recall it's bad enough to change it now. Does it have to explosed be for anything happens. I have called critz GMC more times than I want to, it's been going on two years since I got the notice.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Oct 012016

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that the air bag indicator illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called a local dealer (240 old gibson rd, henderson, nv 89014) and was informed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and did not assist. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Oct 022017

Sierra 1500

Vehicle will randomly show a warning signal for stabiltrack turning off. Then it will cycle door locks up and down, turn on the air bag light, ABS light, and sometimes reduce power to 20 mph. It will also kill the vehicle gauges. Numerous trips to the shop have failed to correct the issue. A quick google search of stabiltrack 2009 Chevy/GMC will show a ton of hits. Due to the safety concerns of these critical systems powering down, this is clearly a safety issue. This occurs while the vehicle is in motion, which makes it more concerning. This issue started with 66K miles and has persisted. Vehicle now has 96K.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

May 302016

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (sequoia Chevrolet in sanger, California) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Sanger, CA, USA

Jul 162013

Sierra 1500

Dash is cracking causing possible air bag inflation issues in case of accident..dash is cracking around in dash air bag cover

- Mabelvale, AR, USA