8.1

$1,066.00

Most common solutions:

1. replace condenser (12 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your GMC dealer.

Jun 012017

Sierra 1500 Denali 6.2L

Purchased new GMC 2014 sierra 1500 Denali, air conditioning stopped working in June. Visited dealer to be informed prior to inspection of vehicle that the condenser is likely the problem. After confirming the condenser is leaking, I was informed GM had a national shortage of condensers and my dealer was not sure when a condenser would be available. 2 1/2 months later no GM condenser is available and dealer cannot tell me the date condenser would be available from GM. Frustrated with GM, I purchased an after-market condenser and when I ask my dealer to install the after-market condenser, the dealer informed me I must pay 100% of the installation and the warranty on my air conditioning system would be voided. This reply was confirmed by communications with GMC Customer Service Senior Case Worker. GM can't fix the air conditioning and will penalize me if I pay $800.00+ to repair the problem? Sad, very sad. Only option GM has available is trade my vehicle for brand with working air conditioner at cost of $20,000.00 to fix GM's obvious failure to fix a known 14, 15, 16, & 17 year condenser failure.

- , Princeton, US

Oct 132017

Sierra 1500 XLT V8

I called the dealer and he said that there was special recall on 14-15 condesors but only for Tahoe, Yukons and not any of the pick ups.

TOTAL BS!

- , Johns Creek, US

Oct 062017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8

GM needs to recall these trucks for these Condensers IMMEDIATELY!

I don't understand how they expect customers to continue to pay their high prices on these trucks and they won't last 100,000 miles without a condenser failure?

I REFUSE to buy another GM product if this issue isn't resolved by recall. I've seen YouTube videos of a mechanic (Cesar Vega) stating that he has replaced these condensers on all 5.3L V8 models from 2014-2017. Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, and Escalades.

WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN RECALLED YET?

I will have my condenser replaced this week. I am searching for the most expensive dealership to install the new "DEFECTIVE" unit so that GM can eat the cost when I send them my bill for their JUNK!

- , Tuscaloosa, US

that's Bad

- , New Caney, US

Jul 282017

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.8L V8

I have contacted the sales dealership, and there response is bring in for service , but the cost is yours, since you are out of the warranty period

- , Clarksville, US

Aug 022017

Sierra 1500 LT V8

I've been loyal for decades until now. The 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 is a dumpster on wheels. Every month something comes up, usually something leaking, this month the A/C stopped blowing cold air, 100 degrees outside. The condenser is leaking and needs replaced, truck is 3 years old. Stealership wants $1,270.00 to fix, every month I cross my fingers thinking this will be the last thousand I spend and is never the case. I think this is the last straw never going back with GMC again who the f*** would!

- , Denver, CO, US

Jun 012017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

Seems to be the ongoing trend. AC condenser leaking top right corner. Called GMC Dealership and they said they have 40 of them on back order and are only getting 2 per month. There are no aftermarket Condensers with the trans cooler available. Looks like I'll be going all summer with no A/C. Get your sh*t together GMC! This is ridiculous and obviously a huge problem with multiple vehicles. GM told me that there wasn't a recall because it isn't a safety issue. Probably last GM product I buy. Thanks for the 50k piece of crap!

- , Trafalgar, IN, USA

Jun 282017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

Only 61k miles on my 2014... Was charged to find the leak and now 6 - 8 week wait, or longer for a replacement at $1070. I will probably DIY...

- , Glen Allen, VA, US

Jun 022017

Sierra 1500 SLT

I am going to keep this short but I have a 2014 GMC SIERRA and I never dreamed I would be paying 1147.00 for a a/c condenser on a $40000.00 truck and the big thing is the dealer said GM was aware of the problem but there wasn't a recall. I love this truck but I will not be buying another GM product and GM don't even believe for a minute that I can't buy anything you build. I understand things go wrong but all you to do is whats right.If you want my business ever again you need to reimburse me for this repair. I assure you this will cost you a lot more in sales from me and these other people because I promise you we all will tell everybody about this. somebody better get the calculator out up there. Remember you don't have Obama to bail you out again and it looks like you don't have us either!!!!!! NOT GOOD!!!!

- , Tuscumbia, AL, US

Apr 032017

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

I can't believe I need to spend close to $1,200 for a condenser replacement on a 3 year old vehicle. What's worse is that in my local area there aren't any available (even aftermarket) because this is such a serious problem. With the condenser not available and cost to fix - I'm looking at selling my otherwise perfectly good truck and getting a Ford F-150 instead. Way to go GMC! It's insulting that they aren't yet acknowledging this issue to vehicle owners.

- , Old Saybrook, US

May 112017

Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab 5.3L

Same problem as everyone else... Leaking condenser, on the top right corner. Took to the dealer they said that it wasn't covered, I was past warranty! Only have 40,000 miles! The guy at the dealer said there was like 6 vehicles in line with the same problem that same day, He told me they are doing so many that they had to go to a third party condenser company to get condensers! How can they get away with this? I hope someone sues them! This is not right.

- , Miami, US

May 312017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8

AC quit working suddenly, day before it worked fine. 5 months earlier engine oil cooler, which is located in the radiator (a brilliantly stupid design) crapped out and dumped engine oil in the antifreeze. So finding out that the AC problem would not be covered under warranty was not a surprise. The GMC dealer said that the AC condenser was split and it is a problem that GMC knows quite well about in the 2013-2017 Sierras. He further said that the replacement condenser is not available from GM and that any after market condenser was a cheaper copy of their obviously flawed design. There is no plan in the works for GM to rectify the flaw or do a recall. If a condenser is found, it will be one of the flawed design, so basically he said that we are screwed. GM won't admit fault for either of their radiator or condenser designs, so buy a GMC Sierra and plan on replacing the radiator and condenser or have the salesman factor in the deal the $2,000.00 replacements. If a class action lawsuit is started on these design foul ups, I will proudly join in on the endeavor.

- , Wellston, OH, USA

May 012017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

Seems a very common defect. So many failures of this part they are on a nationwide back order with no ETA other than "at least a month". Call to GM customer care was NO help. No claim of responsibility for building a $50k truck with a $30 condenser engineered to last 3 years and 3 months. GM service will NOT be making this repair @ $1200 to replace a $210 part IF it was available.

- , Saint Ann, MO, US

Apr 132017

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.1L V8

GMC has no solution for this. There are no parts available and this effects all 2014, 15, 16 Sierra trucks. This is my 13th GMC Sierra and may be my last. I am disgusted that it is not a recall and no parts available until the Fall. What the hell do I need a/c then for? If anyone has a work around on this please let me know.

- , Foxboro, US