8.8

$1,156.00

Most common solutions:

1. replace condenser (7 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

Jun 012017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

Seems to be the ongoing trend. AC condenser leaking top right corner. Called GMC Dealership and they said they have 40 of them on back order and are only getting 2 per month. There are no aftermarket Condensers with the trans cooler available. Looks like I'll be going all summer with no A/C. Get your sh*t together GMC! This is ridiculous and obviously a huge problem with multiple vehicles. GM told me that there wasn't a recall because it isn't a safety issue. Probably last GM product I buy. Thanks for the 50k piece of crap!

- , Trafalgar, IN, USA

Jun 282017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

Only 61k miles on my 2014... Was charged to find the leak and now 6 - 8 week wait, or longer for a replacement at $1070. I will probably DIY...

- , Glen Allen, VA, US

Jun 022017

Sierra 1500 SLT

I am going to keep this short but I have a 2014 GMC SIERRA and I never dreamed I would be paying 1147.00 for a a/c condenser on a $40000.00 truck and the big thing is the dealer said GM was aware of the problem but there wasn't a recall. I love this truck but I will not be buying another GM product and GM don't even believe for a minute that I can't buy anything you build. I understand things go wrong but all you to do is whats right.If you want my business ever again you need to reimburse me for this repair. I assure you this will cost you a lot more in sales from me and these other people because I promise you we all will tell everybody about this. somebody better get the calculator out up there. Remember you don't have Obama to bail you out again and it looks like you don't have us either!!!!!! NOT GOOD!!!!

- , Tuscumbia, AL, US

Apr 032017

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

I can't believe I need to spend close to $1,200 for a condenser replacement on a 3 year old vehicle. What's worse is that in my local area there aren't any available (even aftermarket) because this is such a serious problem. With the condenser not available and cost to fix - I'm looking at selling my otherwise perfectly good truck and getting a Ford F-150 instead. Way to go GMC! It's insulting that they aren't yet acknowledging this issue to vehicle owners.

- , Old Saybrook, US

May 112017

Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab 5.3L

Same problem as everyone else... Leaking condenser, on the top right corner. Took to the dealer they said that it wasn't covered, I was past warranty! Only have 40,000 miles! The guy at the dealer said there was like 6 vehicles in line with the same problem that same day, He told me they are doing so many that they had to go to a third party condenser company to get condensers! How can they get away with this? I hope someone sues them! This is not right.

- , Miami, US

May 312017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8

AC quit working suddenly, day before it worked fine. 5 months earlier engine oil cooler, which is located in the radiator (a brilliantly stupid design) crapped out and dumped engine oil in the antifreeze. So finding out that the AC problem would not be covered under warranty was not a surprise. The GMC dealer said that the AC condenser was split and it is a problem that GMC knows quite well about in the 2013-2017 Sierras. He further said that the replacement condenser is not available from GM and that any after market condenser was a cheaper copy of their obviously flawed design. There is no plan in the works for GM to rectify the flaw or do a recall. If a condenser is found, it will be one of the flawed design, so basically he said that we are screwed. GM won't admit fault for either of their radiator or condenser designs, so buy a GMC Sierra and plan on replacing the radiator and condenser or have the salesman factor in the deal the $2,000.00 replacements. If a class action lawsuit is started on these design foul ups, I will proudly join in on the endeavor.

- , Wellston, OH, USA

May 012017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

Seems a very common defect. So many failures of this part they are on a nationwide back order with no ETA other than "at least a month". Call to GM customer care was NO help. No claim of responsibility for building a $50k truck with a $30 condenser engineered to last 3 years and 3 months. GM service will NOT be making this repair @ $1200 to replace a $210 part IF it was available.

- , Saint Ann, MO, US

Apr 132017

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.1L V8

GMC has no solution for this. There are no parts available and this effects all 2014, 15, 16 Sierra trucks. This is my 13th GMC Sierra and may be my last. I am disgusted that it is not a recall and no parts available until the Fall. What the hell do I need a/c then for? If anyone has a work around on this please let me know.

- , Foxboro, US