Most common solutions:

1. gm still has not fixed or contacted me 2-18-15 (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

Aug 012016

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.7L V8

click to see larger images

steering randomly goes out steering randomly goes out

I am requesting your assistance this evening. My family and I have been dealing with a safety issue on our vehicle since August of last year. I was able to safely capture the following video of our ongoing issue with our 2014 GMC Sierra pickup. The ongoing issue is a problem with the Stabilitrac, which causes the steering wheel to violently jerk from your hands. When this happens the power in the entire vehicle cycles. It is especially dangerous when making turns onto busy streets because occasionally the vehicle losses all power and dies.

GM is aware of the issue and continues to give us the run around. The vehicle is under a bumper to bumper warranty, has been into 3 different dealerships over 8 times, and they are unable to fix the problem. We have requested a replacement or repurchase the vehicle but they have yet to respond.

I bought the vehicle from D'Arcy Chevrolet Buick Cadillac in Morris, IL back in February of 2016. It has haunted us ever since. My biggest concern is for the safety of my family and any other families’ who are stuck with in this vehicle. The truck is not safe and should be recalled.

- Joe M., Taylorville, IL, US

Jul 212014

Sierra 1500 Denali 5.4L

I bought this truck because I wanted a big strong truck. I am a builder and need a big truck. I also do bids for jobs and need a nice looking truck as the customers always comment on it. That is when I tell them this story!

I bought this truck new $53000 plus, tag tax, tittle, interest, $65,000. Immediately after buying I noticed weird things would happen but sense the truck was new I was in denial and hoped it was normal. First big problem was when pulling out of my driveway on a busy street the truck had very little power until going over 40, then would not change gears. It was suck in a high gear. This time I could have gotten t boned. After turning key off truck was back to normal. I took the truck back to the dealer and they reset codes, said there was no problem?! Next time I let them drive it they documented it in a very odd way. Now I know why, so they can screw you in court. 2 other times they would not document it. Now, 5 documented times and around 50 days in the shop and truck still not fixed.

And I don't drive now after the steering went out. I'm not a wimp or anything but I need steering. Lots more to this story but I am getting chest pains thinking about it. I went to arbitration and they lied, lied, lied, arbitrator was so corrupt. How could I loose they documented the problem and can't fix it? It seems like there would be someone to help. I hate asking for help but this is so not right, they have billions and I am just a construction worker, they sell me this crap and take my money and run . I am still paying for it because I don't want bad credit. I'm not just giving it back because I have $17,000 in the truck . I won't sell it for a loss because I would not do that to someone, it could kill someone. How can they do his to me and my wife and kids.

I have never Been contacted by GM to this day and they won't give me the time of day when I call them. Truck bought from Carl Black GMC in Alpharetta GA.

- rickmasseyga, Canton, GA, USA