3.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500:

Jun 092018

Sierra 1500

I was waiting on the oncoming traffic so I could make a left turn. I had plenty of time to make my left turn in front of oncoming traffic, as I proceeded to make my turn all if a sudden my steering wheel locked up, stability trac light came on, my power locks locked and unlocked intermittently and truck engine died. I had to restart engine and it did it again as I was moving attempting to finish my turn. This happens on a regular basis now anytime I have to turn steering wheel it locks up and does this. Sometimes it does everything I stated above but engine doesn't die. This is dangerous. A couple times when it does this my truck doesn't have any power to start but wait 30 seconds to a minute, power will restore and you can then start it up. It almost sounds exactly what is happening that the 2015 GMC 1500 are being recalled. This happens now on a daily basis.

- Morgantown, IN, USA

Feb 212017

Sierra 1500

Periodically 3 times a week, while driving, the stabiliztrak illuminates and drivability declines, engine check light illums, the gear remains in a low gear without shifting. Turn the ignition off for a couple seconds and it clears and the engine light goes out after 25-35 miles. Sometime it doesn't reset after 3 attempts of turning off and on the ignition. The codes are P0700 a U0100 with others when dealership analyzed. Three times it was in the GMC shop and three times giving back and problem still existed. I recorded on video and gave it to the dealership as proof.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA