Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.
The condenser was designed wrong and both GMC and all dealerships know it.
There was a very thin piece of metal that separates the internal in and out of the condenser. Just like other parts on the denali, it was mis-designed and produced by GMC. Instead of fixing these problems gmc choses to place the burden to fix on their customers.
1) Antenna on top of the car had a double seal that leaked. Solution, do not cover, replace with a new antenna at 500 dollars in cost with a single seal, no replacement seal available online entire antenna. 68K not covered by warranty. The part was on at 36k.
2) Wireless charging pad would not work, took at 39k, denied, told only covered to 36k. I was told i would need to spend 560 to replace with one out of a 2018 GMC.
3) LCD screen/navigation system, flickers and goes out. Has stopped working 10+ times. Told by gmc turn off the car and restart after 5 mins. Flashed computer while in for service, still happening. 39K,68K,71K
4) Safety recall for brakes not working at low speeds. Told they would need to see the error code before they could perform any work. I said at what point is that when someone in my family is injured? Sorry that's the rule. 71K
5) Transmission slipping - Told it was a issue with the type of transmission fluid they originally used. Flushed system, put a different version in and said that is all they will do. 68K
6) Of course the A/C, Description wrote above. 71K
7) Had the free version of the GMC app. Called in to turn on my in car wifi, told rep not to mess with account. 3 months later my app no longer works to unlock the door without paying 14 per month.
8) Center console handle broke to open my center console. No solution yet. still looking for the part.
I have spoke to customer service at GMC over 10 times. Not one time have they ever helped, assisted, given a credit, covered a item or done anything other than tell me we are doing nothing and recording you complain. I even asked for the corranspance email address and he gave me the gmc webpage.
They will not resolve customer problems or stand behind their vehicle. They believe everything is the customer expense even though they mis-designed everything.
- Justin D.,
Blue Ridge, GA, US
Third time this happened, first two times my husband was driving(He called the dealership and they said they had not heard of any problems) and when it happened to me it was scary. I had my kids in the car, no injuries and no one was hurt, thank god. I was going through the drive thru stopped at the first window, accelerated to next window (low speed) and didn't stop... It was the like the brakes locked up, couldn't press down at all.
Called the dealership first thing in the morning, same thing didn't know of any issues. Well I Googled it and it is under investigation, so I kindly printed off all the articles so they could let other customers know there was an issue (They didn't care to keep that but did admit they knew there had been some issues). Of course my car is just out of warranty so they said I would be responsible for any issues.
Again, this is a safety issue and there should be a recall!!! They should be paying for it and thanking there lucky stars no one was injured. The total came to $980, they asked if I wanted them to fix the pump, belt and belt kit (I asked if this was the issue others were having and he said he believes so). What was I going to say NO? Did I really have an option?? The brakes weren't working!!!! Kind of a big deal!!
Reached out to GM, have a case number, they said someone would call with in two business days, we will see if anyone calls. Of course I would like them to pay me back but I do believe they need to do a recall before someone gets hurt.
Oakland Twp, US