6.0

$950

Most common solutions:

1. replace pump, belt and belt kit (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 GMC Yukon:

Jan 122019

Yukon SLE

Third time this happened, first two times my husband was driving(He called the dealership and they said they had not heard of any problems) and when it happened to me it was scary. I had my kids in the car, no injuries and no one was hurt, thank god. I was going through the drive thru stopped at the first window, accelerated to next window (low speed) and didn't stop... It was the like the brakes locked up, couldn't press down at all.

Called the dealership first thing in the morning, same thing didn't know of any issues. Well I Googled it and it is under investigation, so I kindly printed off all the articles so they could let other customers know there was an issue (They didn't care to keep that but did admit they knew there had been some issues). Of course my car is just out of warranty so they said I would be responsible for any issues.

Again, this is a safety issue and there should be a recall!!! They should be paying for it and thanking there lucky stars no one was injured. The total came to $980, they asked if I wanted them to fix the pump, belt and belt kit (I asked if this was the issue others were having and he said he believes so). What was I going to say NO? Did I really have an option?? The brakes weren't working!!!! Kind of a big deal!!

Reached out to GM, have a case number, they said someone would call with in two business days, we will see if anyone calls. Of course I would like them to pay me back but I do believe they need to do a recall before someone gets hurt.

- florkey, Oakland Twp, US