Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Accord:

Mar 122008

My transmission slips and jerks going into 1st and second gear. It also jerks when I come to a complete stop and jerks out of 1st gear. The car eventually wouldn't accel when I pressed on the gas and would only go 20 mph. I took it to a Honda dealer and they said I needed a new transmission so I took it to another car shop who replaced the solenoids which seemed to help a little. I have been driving it for a while now but it is still not 100% and recently has been getting worse and is really slipping or jerking into gear everytime I drive it.

- Warwick, RI, USA

Aug 122008

2002 Honda Accord transmission failure. Had to pay to get transmission rebuilt. Extremely expensive. Only had 89,000 miles on car.

- Midland, MI, USA

Jul 282008

I purchased a Honda Accord 2002 in April 2003 the transmission was replaced by dealership in November 2003 when I took in for maintenance due to a noise the dealer reported to me...now the reverse gears are slipping and I think this is rather odd...to have two transmission failures in one vehicle are there recalls on this model or reports of such problems noted anywhere?

- Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Jul 142008

Normal driving, car transmission gives jerk when comes to stop, Honda has given no help, simple no. It occurs everytime the car slow down and sometimes the engine stops working.

- San Franscisco, CA, USA

Aug 072006

Accord 4-cyl

I own a 2002 Honda Accord 4 cylinder. I have problems with the transmission slipping. This problem has occurred for a year and a half. I have taken it to the dealership they cannot reproduce my complaint. I have also flushed the transmission to see if this would resolve/ help no luck I have also tried 3 transmission shops no one can diagnose it. This website www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2002/transmission/transmission_slipping_and_jerking.shtml has had 57 complaints of the same problem I have had. I know Honda has problems with their transmissions they will fix it if it is an 00 or 01. Please can someone get them to fix the 2002 models.

- Bountiful, UT, USA

Oct 012001

Accord 6-cyl

2002 Honda Accord developed problems with the transmission, and dashboard light sensors. The transmission was replaced 3 times. After the last visit to the dealer the ignition began to malfunction, after putting the gear into park sometimes the key would lock in, which would require the consumer to restart the vehicle, shift the gears place back into park and then pull the key out of the ignition.

- Fords, NJ, USA